Butterfly basket metamorphosis

Apak

Last week I presented 2 baskets of butterflies I made for my son's kindergarten teachers.

I wasn't satisfied with this basket

post-30828-135897669269_thumb.jpg

So I changed it. I choose butterflies in shades of purple and yellow, mixed big and small ones and added the broom doll. And that was it!

post-30828-135897669286_thumb.jpg

My son went to kindergarten with dad and he told me that the teacher liked the basket a lot. Later that day she called me to thank and she said it's so precious for her and she never got such wonderful gift. WOW. :c9 You can imagine how I was feeling...

P.S. If you are interested in pattern for this butterfly or Polish mags with charted patterns, please consider my offer for trading - you can read more here

Thank you!

post-30828-135897669283_thumb.jpg

It was beautiful before but you managed to make it even better! You have quite an artistic knack arranging your butterfly baskets. The addition of the little Broom Doll is very cute too! I remember making lots of those to sell at craft shows. That was also back when country blue & mauve were all the rage! :)

Purple is my fav color too! But I enjoy so many colors -- some days yellow takes my eye and others it is hot pink -- but always purple is good for me!

Thank you all! :hug I think it is so important when we get the response if we put our heart and time and effort into something we make for somebody. That's why it was so kind of the teacher to call me... :)

I liked the basket before...so colorful and happy. However, you did a terrific job revamping it. I can't imagine anyone not being being thrilled to receive such a special gift! :D

I liked the basket before...so colorful and happy. However, you did a terrific job revamping it. I can't imagine anyone not being being thrilled to receive such a special gift! :D

I too loved the original basket, as I am rather prone to nice vibrant colors. The other one is nice too, Im so glad she loved it!

I liked the first one, but I think all the colors were a little overpowering (or whatever I'm trying to say!) The second one is beautiful! It's not as busy looking (that's what I was thinking! LOL!) Fantastic job!!

Thank you :hug

I liked the first one, but I think all the colors were a little overpowering (or whatever I'm trying to say!) The second one is beautiful! It's not as busy looking (that's what I was thinking! LOL!) Fantastic job!!

That's what I thought! if it was my first basket, probably I'd be delighted :lol But sometimes it's good to look at sth from a distance and make it better.

• 7 months later...

Archived