Leather purse

crochetdiva

I am trying to finish a leather and crochet purse to send off to my sister for Christmas, by tomorrow. It is from the new crochet mag.

The name eludes me, but it is their premiere issue. Anyway, I will try and post a pic tomorrow if I finish it.:knit

:*cwreath :*cwreath :*cwreath :*cwreath :*cwreath :*cwreath

Okay, I will try and post the pic. Wish me luck

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/crochetdiva/My%20stuff/leatherpurse.jpg

I did it!!! Sorry the pic is so big!

I'm looking forward to seeing that. I can't imagine how you crochet into leather. I haven't bought a ready-made purse in years. I make all mine. But I sew them. Made a messenger bag out of pleather. :)

hi i made one of those, what you do is you punch a hole in the leather and then crochet into it. is pretty easy to do.but sometimes its a little hard to punch the leather, you need a special tool for it to look good:loco what color did you make yours? vicki:w-angel

I used brown and beige leather (not too exciting) and beige cotton. I found the hand held leather punch excrutiatingly difficult to use, next time I will use the hammer one. My hands got so weak after three squares that my husband did the rest for me.

What color was your purse? Did you use the same pattern? I don't like the pattern because the corners are loopy. So I adjusted it. I also want to add a fasterner or some sort. I am thinking of crocheting a button or something.:*cwreath

The pattern is in Woman's Day Quick & Easy Knitting and Crochet. Long title lol. I am not thrilled with the pattern, but the pic is nice and the pattern can be altered. There are lots of cute things to make in the mag, so it is definitely worth the purchase.

I found the leather doesn't lay very straight, but once you put something in the purse looks fine. I will post a pic soon. My DD is making one using denim instead of leather.:*cwreath

hi i made mine with black yarn and the light tan for the leather. i also found the punch to be a pain, but after it finally got the hang of it it was alright, but like you my hands hurt from it, so don't know that i will make another one any time soon:loco i also that the pattern for a crocheted vest using the leather too. might make that for dd but dh will punch it for me cause he is so big and strong!!!!!:rotfl vicki:w-lol

Thank you, thank you ,thank you. :bow I am just glad to get it done and sent to her. She should get it in a day or two. It is funny cos the thing that got me interested in crocheting was the pattern of the crocheted leather vest last Feb in a magazine. It had suede triangles. I haven't made it yet.

Thanks everyone. I think I will make one for myself after Christmas. I have some black leather/suede (depends which side I use) and hot pink cotton. It would be just like the one in the mag.

I have so many things I want to make after the holidays. My dh assumes that once gift giving is over so will be my crocheting....HA!

Hope you all have a great Christmas!

:*ctree :*cwreath :*ctree :*cwreath

Andrea

andrea,:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl your hubby doesn't know you to well does he?:bad mine knows better, he knows that as soon as the holidays are over i get back into my creative mood and watch out, house don't get cleaned:bad cats get fed, but grudgenly:hee :hee sometimes i cook for the family, but only if i have finished a project:bad :bad :bad so i wish him luck:lol :lol:loco :loco :w-lol vicki:*ciam

Archived