Mother’s Day Table May 2011

Tampa Doll

Ah Mother’s Day, the day we give thanks for those people who worry about us, no matter how young or old we are, then they become Grandmothers and the worrying starts all over again.

My Mom has been gone for about 30 years and I still miss her quite presence. I do at times feel like she is watching over me, especially when it seems like life is taking a swipe at me.

As you can see the table is full of Angels. They are Guardian Angels, who were Mom’s who are there to watch over us and try to keep us safe. The Mom in the middle with the baby is for all the present and future Moms.

We have out baby flowers to brighten our day and most of all we have all the things that remind, me at least, of Mom. The chair with the doilies on the back and arm, the teapot with the thin cup and saucer, no mugs, and last but not least, the cakes she made us for birthdays or special holidays.

Happy Mother’s Day to all past, present and future Moms, may your day be filled with lots of love and family.

post-105-135897655983_thumb.jpg More pictures - Even More

Thank you all. This is my favorite, because of the Angels and what it represents.

The cover on the table was made by my Mom years ago. My 2 sisters and I each got a table cover and a bed spread (King size). All the same pattern and color. It is the one treasure I have left.

My Mom was the type to see the good in everyone. She always made excuses for someone doing something bad, or not quite right. She was the quite one of the group and never said anything bad, to or about anyone.

I think I told this story before, but it is one that sticks out in my mind. My Mom was walking home from the store and tripped and fell. Two men helped her up. When she got home she found out that they had taken her wallet. When she finally told us what happened, her answer was," I guess they needed it more than I do.":yes

To me she was the best.

Thank you again for liking the table and I hope I have made a tribute to all Moms.:hug

Thanks for sharing your beautiful Mothers Day table. My Mom is my guardian angel too now; I lost her 10 years ago and miss her every day. Happy Mothers Day!

Yeah... Mothers are so special, aren't they? And so is your table! We have Mother's Day on 26th May here in Poland :)

Archived