March's Granny A Day Along

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ladibug - actually that should be perfect! You already have some of Feb/Jan colors in there! Just keep on going with it and add more squares!! The whole idea of this cal is to use your scraps and old creations so you don't have to go out and buy 10 skeins of yarn for 1 blanket. :-)

I think you're thinking of the other CAL there! hehe :D

Cool beans then. I can take this to work and do crochet on my lunch break. I am almost done with one repeat of all the colors, and then I will add granny squares to 2 opposite ends and then do however many repeats of colors to get it to the right size.

Thanks for the compliments and encouragements!!

In fact...I think i may just snuggle on the couch with some yarn and my hubby later and work on those squares tonight. I think I may need at least 4 so far for each end. I'll have to count the stitches to see for sure.

See, this is why i do not follow a pattern for most things...i end up getting in the middle of it and want to change it all up!! :lol

Hmmm...I've been off the internet for about a week now, and a new CAL is started.

Question: I have a WIP that is granny-inspired that I want to get finished, and this could be encouragement to get it done. Do you mind?? And I can't be here everyday....more like 2-3x a week.

Instead of a square a day I could do a row a day on what I have started, and have it finished by end of the month. I am kinda stumped on it, and thats why its just sitting right now. I don't think I want it to be square...Can I put grannies on 2 opposite ends and then continue around with the colors or should i just keep going with it being square?? :think Didn't think about the square size results when I started. :lol and i do not want to frog it.

LOVE IT!!!

:heart

:mug

I did that once, and it worked out great, looked planned, and yet, it wasn't! I too, did the GS leader thing, best fun and I remember it fondly, so does dd. And cookie time, frantic but exciting! I still love my caramel delights! This pic is one I made into a rectangle too, so good luck, it can be done easily!

[ATTACH]36193[/ATTACH]

oooooooooooooooooh... very cool!

:heart

:mug

I got my 24 granny daughters sewn to the outside of my crib blanket....and 1 row of black and I am on 2 of 5 of the red.....then Im debating on doing 40 granny daughters or just a few more rows and edging....because I think it will be too big with the second row of granny daughters added....but we will see.

Penny

awesome, Tam! I'm starting #10 right now...will also start assembling tonight since it doesn't matter what goes next to what.....

Pine knot, never too late!! you can still join us! Just catch yourself up to 10 grannys', and there y a go!! lol

lovely squares teakay, we nebraska babies do good work!!

Here is the latest of mine, grannys' number 6 thru 10. taken with a pic of my FLOWERS that came this am for my not quite yet birthday! lol

[ATTACH]36279[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]36280[/ATTACH]

the second pic of the flowers, I will make my new screen saver!

I'm way behind on doing 2 saltines a day to equal a granny! But... I have 14 saltines done so I'm ahead if I count only 1 saltine to be a granny... hehe

Been sick and exhausted again, so havent really crocheted much at all the past few days.

Pine knot, never too late!! you can still join us! Just catch yourself up to 10 grannys', and there y a go!! lol

lovely squares teakay, we nebraska babies do good work!!

Here is the latest of mine, grannys' number 6 thru 10. taken with a pic of my FLOWERS that came this am for my not quite yet birthday! lol

[ATTACH]36279[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]36280[/ATTACH]

the second pic of the flowers, I will make my new screen saver!

beautiful....and I love the new screensaver pic:clap

somehow I missed the start of this cal

hope you'll do it again

join us,,,i just caught up today:lol

Got my 10 done! :clap
:cheer:clap

Here's a thought about grannys.....I think I love doing them, because of all the different color combos, and the different ways you can do them, and I think the least fav. thing about doing them, is of course the ends, but I think doing the ends gives me a great break, from doing squares, when I tire of one, I go to the other, lol. I can weave in ends, watching Idol, lol The putting together part too, is always a chore, but there again, placing the squares in the best combination to complement each other, or throwing them in a heap, and chosing one, it's just fun! lol ok, all on that for now, love those sqaures Chichi, and thinking you already have a plan for how your putting this together, lol I have no idea, as of yet, but it will come to me.....;)

Here's a thought about grannys.....I think I love doing them, because of all the different color combos, and the different ways you can do them, and I think the least fav. thing about doing them, is of course the ends, but I think doing the ends gives me a great break, from doing squares, when I tire of one, I go to the other, lol. I can weave in ends, watching Idol, lol The putting together part too, is always a chore, but there again, placing the squares in the best combination to complement each other, or throwing them in a heap, and chosing one, it's just fun! lol ok, all on that for now, love those sqaures Chichi, and thinking you already have a plan for how your putting this together, lol I have no idea, as of yet, but it will come to me.....;)

You said it perfectly! I actually really like making squares - of all types and sizes...except I haven't used grannies daughters - yet:D

I tried attaching my 10 squares last night....but the lighting in the man cave, where I was sitting with hubbyand watching TV, precluded seeing the black borders well enough for me to stitch them together!:eek

They are all looking awesome. Got my bag packed to carry to work for lunch hour crocheting!! :lol

Getting ready to start on the grannies to get this square into a rectangle. Got it worked out in my head..just hope it translates onto the yarn!!!

Archived