March's Granny A Day Along

I think it would be fun to use up your scrap yarn and make a granny square a day! If you want to work on a motif granny, or a full sized granny square afghan, or just make a bunch of granny squares and put them together for a scrap ghan, this is the crochet along for you! You can use any color and any patterns you like as long as the general squares you make is a granny square, or a form of a granny square!

Links to some fabulous granny patterns:

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/grannies.html

http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/granny_square.htm

http://www.crochetmagazine.com/newsletters/pages/TCNL2009_patt1.html

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay... I'm in...................

I have 2 done and need to make one for today to be caught up.

post-18634-135897634824_thumb.jpg

I want to make this to use up scraps and make a fun afghan for the house.

:heart

:mug

I like how you are putting them together while you are doing them. Are there instructions on how to do this while you do them? I have a lot of scrap yarn and maybe I could do this

Okay... I'm in...................

I have 2 done and need to make one for today to be caught up.

[ATTACH]35859[/ATTACH]

I want to make this to use up scraps and make a fun afghan for the house.

Those are pretty! yay!

Thanks!!!

I like how you are putting them together while you are doing them. Are there instructions on how to do this while you do them? I have a lot of scrap yarn and maybe I could do this

if you google "join as you go method" you'll find several different instructions/tutorials on how to this way. I've taken a couple different instructions and altered them to my own need... but the basics are the same.

I think it would be fun to use up your scrap yarn and make a granny square a day! If you want to work on a motif granny, or a full sized granny square afghan, or just make a bunch of granny squares and put them together for a scrap ghan, this is the crochet along for you! You can use any color and any patterns you like as long as the general squares you make is a granny square, or a form of a granny square!

Links to some fabulous granny patterns:

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/grannies.html

http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/granny_square.htm

http://www.crochetmagazine.com/newsletters/pages/TCNL2009_patt1.html

I LOVE granny's and I have two little girl afghans to make for easter for my husbands neices and I have 3-4 baby afghans to make....1 for a girl at work and a few for the NICU so this will hopefully keep me motivated. Question for you all: The girl at work is pregnant and doesnt really like pastels or "baby colors" she likes primarys and neutral colors that would go for either sex, she is not finding out the sex of the baby. I found red heart "Super Soft" in Wine, off white and black and thought I would create 40 grannies and use the simply simple -pattern from freepatterns.com that is posted here, but what do you think of the (Wine, black and off white?) not so sure about the black for a baby..... but I think the colors would be stunning.

Penny:c9

I have a project I started awhile ago (7 years ago actually LOL). I've got all the squares done except the black rounds. Could I used this as my project and finish the black rounds on a square per day? Think this might a actually give me the kick I need to FINISH this project. I think I've got about 30 or so left to put black on...

Solaceinmusic, I don't think anyone would object to that, as I understand it, the idea is to have fun and finish SOMETHING, lol what a great motivator for you! I have a few Im using for this purpose, just had to put a couple more rows on, as I always have a bag of yoyo's and or saltines(?two rounders, )so just used a few of these, it's March 5, and I have 5 done, so Im all caught up! :cheer:hook

I will definately infuse the partials and saltines I already have on hand first, then if needed, will begin making them from the beginning!

5/31 = 26 to go! :cheer

If you just like to make granny squares and don't want to put them together, here is a charity organization (tax deductable) where you can donate your squares - I emailed and asked - they will take any squares over 4 inches, and in any type of yarn except rug yarn.

http://onlineangels.byethost16.com/EasytobeanAngel.html

That is who I"m doing my squares for this month! :hook I adore the first new charity pattern on the blog, I"m going crazy with it! I know it by heart.

Okay kids................ I have my 4 done to be current with the month.

post-18634-135897635494_thumb.jpg

I'm going to make 30 squares then spend the last day putting a nice border around it.

so far...so good! :hook

:lol it's a visual illusion, it looks like the squares are getting bigger and bigger!

:lol it's a visual illusion, it looks like the squares are getting bigger and bigger!

LOL... its the colors of squares and the angle I snapped the pic. :D

Oh those are great! I love them, and thanks for sharing, I love to see the vast diverness, (is that a word) in all our squares, I have never met a granny square I didn't like! Thats a great idea, the online angels, I think I have donated there before, I may do that too. Or make a couple smaller lapghans for the nursing home, not sure yet!

Okay kids................ I have my 4 done to be current with the month.

[ATTACH]35944[/ATTACH]

I'm going to make 30 squares then spend the last day putting a nice border around it.

so far...so good! :hook

:heart:mug

I made 5 wine and black grannies for my center stripe they are 3 rounds....so tomorrow I will take a photo, I will be creating the blanket as I go too... I am using a pattern called granny square crib afghan.... not sure yet how it will look, that the surprise lol

Penny

Here's my squares. Showing how they'll look when they are done. I have 49 squares. Will be 7 x 7. Alternating the two.

[ATTACH]35956[/ATTACH]

Yay - an enabling thread to help me use up my squares!

I also have a lot of saltines on hand...I'll make them bigger and start getting rid of my scraps!

I dont know why I thought today was the fifth of march, lol but here are the five I thought I needed! Just lets me rest tomorrow, he he he.....:eek

[ATTACH]35955[/ATTACH]

Oh so pretty!!!!! Love them all!!!

Here's my squares. Showing how they'll look when they are done. I have 49 squares. Will be 7 x 7. Alternating the two.

[ATTACH]35956[/ATTACH]

Now isnt that afghan going to be cool! Very neat!!!

Archived