March's Granny A Day Along

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After today's wait at the dr, I'm up to 26 saltines done. two more and I have my "two saltines equal a granny a day" done. :)

I used a pattern from Ravelry...called groovy ghan. They have a pattern for like four different squares. The pictures don't even do them justice. Go Penny Go Penny! lol

Maybe I will attempt them... after I am done with my granny afghans i am making for my husbands sisters girls.... I have one that is almost assembled and just needs 1 more row of white and an edging (pink & white) and the other is purple & yellow & white and that one is approximately 50% finished.... I have the grannys 1/2 made. Then, I promised to make NICU preemie blankets so I bought this circular baby afghan book and I started the one "Ripples of Joy" by Rebecca Leigh and joined the doily a Ghan CAL too.....so as you can see I am busy...however, I love grannys the best and I simply love the flowers and it seems like that would be a good way to use up my scraps of yar (I hacve a BOX) i would like to use.... :lol Does anyone else here get bored after they asseble the grannys and have to do the rounds around them? Thats when i seem to give up and put it away and start something else. I love making the grannys and doing the edgings BUT really dislike the rounds....

Penny:c9

Everybody's work looks awesome!! I have mine at work, and am doing the squares to add on during my lunch break. I did 2 more rows on my progress to complete the color pattern, and have 4 grannies made - will need probably 8-10 more. Then a row of each color around again, and it should be large enough.

I really like that groovy ghan too...I think someone posted a finished one in the show-n-tell thread. I love those bright colors with the black!!

Have 33 saltines done! That's enough to cover through March 16 and half of the 17th! I might continue more tonight and try to finish this skein.

Using Loops and Threads Charisma. On 3rd skein so far. Have used: Bouquet, Sunny Day, and working on Lakeside. Have 3 more skeins in the ottoman waiting to be used but I forget which ones they are.

post-44633-135897639017_thumb.jpg

post-44633-135897639021_thumb.jpg

Have 33 saltines done! That's enough to cover through March 16 and half of the 17th! I might continue more tonight and try to finish this skein.

Using Loops and Threads Charisma. On 3rd skein so far. Have used: Bouquet, Sunny Day, and working on Lakeside. Have 3 more skeins in the ottoman waiting to be used but I forget which ones they are.

Love the colors! Great job!

Penny

Just let me know when you are ready. We can do a square together.

Thanks Kim, I will let you know when I am ready as I will probably need all the help i can get lol. I appreciate all the help.

Penny

Heres the one posted here at the ville I was talking about...super groovy!!

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=125826

Its done by Smokeyp81

She links to a free pattern, but she substituted the flower square for Krystal's daisy charity square...which I think just "makes" it.

Thanks ladibug I love it! Im just using the flowers and the daisy square....Her color really pop...but red heart ss is too hard on my hands.

I thought you'd be tied up for a few days ....with hubby home and all ...lol

Have fun and thanks again

Kimgoodie

I have a lapghan made with 20 grannies....pic to come tomorrow.:hook

Not sure how many I'll make in the forseeable future, though, since my wrists, fingers and right shoulder are barking at me.....:P

I finished one strip, got caught up on squares and made the ones for the weekend 'cause I know I'll forget them! I took the finished strip to show my GS troop and now they are all really excited to make their own!

I definitely need to take a break to rest my hands - from the wrists down.

But here is the lapghan... made with 20 squares...and it's going to a nursing home where my neighbor's mother is living.

post-8552-135897640134_thumb.jpg

Archived