March's Granny A Day Along

:lol I have one kitty that is black and his name is sambo he LOVES to cuddle but my other kitty is tiger and her name is munchie she does not like to cuddle, good thing my miniature schnauzer loves to cuddle!

Heres my miniature schnauzer Nemo....He is a HAM and a cuddler

post-46230-135897636481_thumb.jpg

post-46230-135897636484_thumb.jpg

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim....what gorgeous colors!! Can you use all those coupons in one visit? I thought it read, one per visit :think I may just have to visit tomorrow...

Everyones fur-babies are so cute! I love the doggie costumes! What an adorable creature!

p.s. warington...the baby blanket is turning out great!

Okay, here's my eight

6square.jpg

8/31....anyone interested to tucking in tales???

I work in a long-term care center and was doing some extra shifts yesterday. The center down the street had a fire, everyone all 117+ were evacuated, 40+ to our building. Buses, walkers, wheelchairs, beds....countless volunteers, workers, fireman pushing and assisting residents to safety. Luckily it was a beautiful day, nobody was hurt and only one wing was temporary damaged. Everyone was back home by the afternoon. It was very scary and quite the reality check for many people. It was fantastic they way everyone came together!

Susan, good thing it all worked out with that fire evac!!

...and I've made many projects out of squares...saltines, in particular...and weaving in the ends is very Zen.:D

Secret is, don't wait till you have a bazillion! I already wove in mine.

Time to start the 6th and 7th! Don't want to get behind.

yes, you can use all the coupons at once....has to be a regular price items. It was hard finding anything that wasn't already on sale. But I managed. LOL

Thank you I love these colors

I am starting my squares late...this may end up being a March/April Square a day.

But I need the motivation

Your squares are absolutely gorgeous...I especially like the one on the bottom left hand side.

I got carried away... and got 14 saltines done by last night before bed lol. Hm, maybe I'll count 2 saltines per day as equal to 1 granny per day?

QUOTE=Shell Lee;2243140]I got carried away... and got 14 saltines done by last night before bed lol. Hm, maybe I'll count 2 saltines per day as equal to 1 granny per day?

now that's an idea! good for you! I have my 7 done, and thought I will post pics of them later, with all seven, as I posted the first five, or should I keep posting every 3 or 4, I dunno, whatever works!! Everyone is doing such wonderful work! And everyone that has posted pics of pets, they are all adorable, here's my two kitties, yum yum, the golden boy, and Precious, the shy siamese! (They love on top of the washer and dryer, nevermind that those mats and rugs are there for drying! ) And ya'll know Ginger!! by my icon! :manyheart

[ATTACH]36154[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]36155[/ATTACH]

Here's a pic of my other brat...err... furbaby.

PsychoKitty. I've had her 11 years now, she was around 6 months old when I adopted her from the shelter.

She would be absolutely gorgeous (super sweet face) but she has the absolute worst fur ever! Extremely fine, crinkly. Doesnt matter how many times she's brushed every day, she still mats up badly. She has gold eyes and bright white whiskers. Bright white snowshoe paws. White belly. Rest of her is the silver-gray.

post-44633-135897637021_thumb.jpg

But what does Lucky think of the kitty's perch?:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I also need to make today's Granny!

Actually its quite cute to watch the two of them chatter at each other. I think Lucky thinks Charlie is a REALLY big guinea pig.....LOL

Heres my miniature schnauzer Nemo....He is a HAM and a cuddler

OMGoodness............. CUTE!

Joann Fabrics coupon commotion buys???

Now this is a wip

ooooooooooooooooh...... pretty colors!!!! :hook

Kim....what gorgeous colors!! Can you use all those coupons in one visit? I thought it read, one per visit :think I may just have to visit tomorrow...

Everyones fur-babies are so cute! I love the doggie costumes! What an adorable creature!

Okay, here's my eight

6square.jpg

I work in a long-term care center and was doing some extra shifts yesterday. The center down the street had a fire, everyone all 117+ were evacuated, 40+ to our building. Buses, walkers, wheelchairs, beds....countless volunteers, workers, fireman pushing and assisting residents to safety. Luckily it was a beautiful day, nobody was hurt and only one wing was temporary damaged. Everyone was back home by the afternoon. It was very scary and quite the reality check for many people. It was fantastic they way everyone came together!

Love the squares!!!!!!!! hahahaha... tails.... gotta love 'em!

:heart

:mug

QUOTE=Shell Lee;2243140]I got carried away... and got 14 saltines done by last night before bed lol. Hm, maybe I'll count 2 saltines per day as equal to 1 granny per day?

now that's an idea! good for you! I have my 7 done, and thought I will post pics of them later, with all seven, as I posted the first five, or should I keep posting every 3 or 4, I dunno, whatever works!! Everyone is doing such wonderful work! And everyone that has posted pics of pets, they are all adorable, here's my two kitties, yum yum, the golden boy, and Precious, the shy siamese! (They love on top of the washer and dryer, nevermind that those mats and rugs are there for drying! ) And ya'll know Ginger!! by my icon! :manyheart

awwww..... look at those sweet babies!!!! :hug

PsychoKitty. I've had her 11 years now, she was around 6 months old when I adopted her from the shelter.

She would be absolutely gorgeous (super sweet face) but she has the absolute worst fur ever! Extremely fine, crinkly. Doesnt matter how many times she's brushed every day, she still mats up badly. She has gold eyes and bright white whiskers. Bright white snowshoe paws. White belly. Rest of her is the silver-gray.

oh........she's so sweet!!!

I LOVE all the pics of everyones babies!!!!

:heart

:mug

Okay, here's my eight

6square.jpg

Thanks a bunch... I love your squares, particularly the round ones...

Penny

I love the kitties!!!

About the long fur: I told DS when he called tonight that I would like to see his cat looking as good down the road as she does now! That's my grandkitty you're talking about!:yes

Susan - glad everyone made it out safely and people worked together to make it happen. Must've been very scary.

Everyone's furbabies are ardorable.

I managed to finish one square tonight. 18 more to go... Got a good laugh today watching DS trying to climb a tree (He's 4). He spent a good 30 minutes or more trying before he gave up. It was really cute to watch =0)

Hmmm...I've been off the internet for about a week now, and a new CAL is started.

Question: I have a WIP that is granny-inspired that I want to get finished, and this could be encouragement to get it done. Do you mind?? And I can't be here everyday....more like 2-3x a week.

Instead of a square a day I could do a row a day on what I have started, and have it finished by end of the month. I am kinda stumped on it, and thats why its just sitting right now. I don't think I want it to be square...Can I put grannies on 2 opposite ends and then continue around with the colors or should i just keep going with it being square?? :think Didn't think about the square size results when I started. :lol and i do not want to frog it.

post-17735-135897637125_thumb.jpg

Crissie, that sounds like a plan - so you'll get a rectangle instead of a square.....and welcome!

Toni, welcome to you too. And bless you for being a GS leader! I still remember mine, and very fondly. And I'm 62!

So you think it will look fine that way?? Yeah, I want a rectangle...i think it will be more snuggable that way. Its for my 14 yr old stepdaughter.

Go for it!:cheer

Can I put grannies on 2 opposite ends and then continue around with the colors or should i just keep going with it being square?? :think Didn't think about the square size results when I started. :lol and i do not want to frog it.

Go for it! Make them look like the center ones but bigger (add in the other border colors maybe) and add 2 to 2 ends and it'll look really cool. I can picture it in my head!

I did that once, and it worked out great, looked planned, and yet, it wasn't! I too, did the GS leader thing, best fun and I remember it fondly, so does dd. And cookie time, frantic but exciting! I still love my caramel delights!

Hmmm...I've been off the internet for about a week now, and a new CAL is started.

Question: I have a WIP that is granny-inspired that I want to get finished, and this could be encouragement to get it done. Do you mind?? And I can't be here everyday....more like 2-3x a week.

Instead of a square a day I could do a row a day on what I have started, and have it finished by end of the month. I am kinda stumped on it, and thats why its just sitting right now. I don't think I want it to be square...Can I put grannies on 2 opposite ends and then continue around with the colors or should i just keep going with it being square?? :think Didn't think about the square size results when I started. :lol and i do not want to frog it.

Ladibug - actually that should be perfect! You already have some of Feb/Jan colors in there! Just keep on going with it and add more squares!! The whole idea of this cal is to use your scraps and old creations so you don't have to go out and buy 10 skeins of yarn for 1 blanket. :-)

Wow I disappear for a day or so and miss out on 5 pages of beautiful creations! Everybody is doing a fantastic job!! I finally got batteries for my camera, I just need to get caught up on my grannies! lol

Ha, yep, we all be so busy!

Archived