March's Granny A Day Along

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope so too....seeing as tho work took over my priorities.

Is anyone considering doing it again for the month of April

If so Im in

Kimgoodie

PS Maybe if we put it out there earlier we will get more participation, since it will allow for people to grab yarn if necessary

If so Im in

Kimgoodie

PS Maybe if we put it out there earlier we will get more participation, since it will allow for people to grab yarn if necessary

Yeah and April is in 2 days!

:) Penny

Hi ya!

found another pic of some I did, but put away, knew i had more, so I guess Im done, and will begin putting them in order! here's the last of mine...(pic was in my camera, but not yet on my puter!)

[ATTACH]37227[/ATTACH]

Nice and bright...I like!:yes

What color will you join them with?

Kimgoodie

Hi, well, I originally thought black, put a row of dc around them with black, and then join with the flat braid, but the more I played with them, the more I got to thinking, no, I think Ill just whip stitch them, in black maybe, so it looks like a patch work of sorts, so that is what I have decided on. This will be donated, with more of it's kind to a local nursing home. They try to supply each new incoming resident with a ghan, when available, as a sort of welcoming gift! Not to mention the other residents that have been there a while...neverending job! lol

Thanks for asking, and hoping to see lots of pics here soon!

What an Angel you are?

Ty for the kind words, however it is my belief we are all angels helpers, or certainly that we have the potential to be, and that everytime one of us crochets or knits something to donate, another angel gets her wings! :blushblushing!:c9

If so Im in

Kimgoodie

I have to continue on into April - I didn't manage to get all the squares done for March! LOL I really believed I could get 4 grannies done a day (since I didn't notice this thread until about a week til the end of the month) but then life tackled me. We all know how that goes. LOL Plus, one square a day doesn't give me enough squares with just March to make an afghan... so, I'm definitely continuing!! :)

hi, sorry im a bit late on this, I got busy in the last few days, but as promised, here is the lapghan i made with the granny's from this cal, and a few extra to make it lapghanable size!!

[ATTACH]37520[/ATTACH]

That looks great!!!! I really should get what few brights I have and keep them in one place so next time it'll all be ready for me. Looks wonderful!:clap

That looks great!!!! I really should get what few brights I have and keep them in one place so next time it'll all be ready for me. Looks wonderful!

Hi, thanks, it will brighten someones room for sure, lol Yours turned out lovely, what size sqaures did you use on it, looks so pretty!:cheer I don't like making huge sqaures, they go all, funky on me, lol but up to about a 8 or 9, Im good, lol Yours look maybe 8?? anyway nice job to all of us!! Give ourselves a hand!! :clappost-40621-135897689802_thumb.jpg

That looks great!!!! I really should get what few brights I have and keep them in one place so next time it'll all be ready for me. Looks wonderful!

Hi, thanks, it will brighten someones room for sure, lol Yours turned out lovely, what size sqaures did you use on it, looks so pretty!:cheer I don't like making huge sqaures, they go all, funky on me, lol but up to about a 8 or 9, Im good, lol Yours look maybe 8?? anyway nice job to all of us!! Give ourselves a hand!! :clap

Yup - 8 inch squares. I make lots of them with 12 inch squares, too. If yours go wonky maybe your stitch count is off in places...or you need to make your corners with only 2 dc, ch2, 2 dc. There's usually an easy fix for that...

Yup - 8 inch squares. I make lots of them with 12 inch squares, too. If yours go wonky maybe your stitch count is off in places...or you need to make your corners with only 2 dc, ch2, 2 dc. There's usually an easy fix for that...

I don't think it's the stitch count, as I have worked them the same way for a hundred years, lol and in the corners, I use 3dc ch 1 3 dc, unless Im doing a solid one, ( for a more closed look) and then I use the 2dc, ch 2, 2dc, maybe I will try a regular one with the 2dc ch 2 2 dc, just for fun huh! There is a gal on here asking for help with comfortghans, the only thing that I balked on, is the 12 inch sqauares, if I can get it to looking perfect, (im sorta a stickler on that, lol) then Ill help her out with a couple 12 inchers. Thanks for the suggestions, granny's are my fav thing to make, first thing I learned to crochet matter a fact! I heard too that some people turn for each round, but i like a definate right side and wrong side. lol

. .,,,.,,. .

.//^ ^\\.

(/(_•_)\)

._/''*''\_.

(,,,)^(,,,) Good evening all..............

My goodness... I am so sorry I didnt come and show my finished ScrapGranny'ghan. Its been just a little crazy here.

Anyway....

post-18634-135897646292_thumb.jpg

btw.................everyones afghans look GREAT!!!

:heart

:mug

. .,,,.,,. .

.//^ ^\\.

(/(_•_)\)

._/''*''\_.

My goodness... I am so sorry I didnt come and show my finished ScrapGranny'ghan. Its been just a little crazy here.

Anyway....

[ATTACH]37568[/ATTACH]

:jumpyay Looks GREAT!! :):mug cheers! LOL

. .,,,.,,. .

.//^ ^\\.

(/(_•_)\)

._/''*''\_.

Anyway....

[ATTACH]37568[/ATTACH]

That is very pretty, great job!!

I've made squares both ways: with a definite right and wrong side as well as turning after each round.

I get bored way too easily:lol

. .,,,.,,. .

.//^ ^\\.

(/(_•_)\)

._/''*''\_.

Anyway....

[ATTACH]37568[/ATTACH]

Very nice job, Tam!!:cheer

. .,,,.,,. .

.//^ ^\\.

(/(_•_)\)

._/''*''\_.

Anyway....

[ATTACH]37568[/ATTACH]

I love it and I am sure whomeever uses it will be delighted.

Penny:cheer

Okay guys - just popping in with my little update. :) I have 40 squares with at least 2 rounds... one has 3 and one has 4, I'm doing the final (5th) round in black. I plan to make another 40 after I get these done, and turn all those squares into an afghan that measures approximately 4' x 5'. I haven't taken any pictures yet. As soon as I do, I'll post them. :) Anybody else still trucking along with this project?

Archived