March's Granny A Day Along

Yay - an enabling thread to help me use up my squares!

I also have a lot of saltines on hand...I'll make them bigger and start getting rid of my scraps!

:yay............ Judy... you're here!

Cant wait to see your afghan......... you do such awesome work!

I need to make my square for today........ but I'm going to finish this backpack first! :hook

:heart

:mug

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:yay............ Judy... you're here!

Cant wait to see your afghan......... you do such awesome work!

I need to make my square for today........ but I'm going to finish this backpack first! :hook

I like mindless crocheting at times....so will pull out the saltines someone gave me and add to them. Because they're already made with one row, turn to make the next, I'll continue that way.

I dont know why I thought today was the fifth of march, lol but here are the five I thought I needed! Just lets me rest tomorrow, he he he.....:eek

[ATTACH]35955[/ATTACH]

Very pretty!

Penny

Here's my squares. Showing how they'll look when they are done. I have 49 squares. Will be 7 x 7. Alternating the two.

[ATTACH]35956[/ATTACH]

Love the rainbow colors! NICE.

Penny

I like mindless crocheting at times....so will pull out the saltines someone gave me and add to them. Because they're already made with one row, turn to make the next, I'll continue that way.

I have been hearing about "saltines" wondering if someone may explain what they are? Maybe I am making saltines....and I dont even know it! LOL

Penny

These photos are what I have done so far on the granny crib afghan I chose for this CAL. So the wine white and black photo that is on the bottom photo will go around the white ( I need 24 or 26 squares for that).... Then there is 7 more rounds and then 40 more little squares ( not sure of the combo yet)

Penny

post-46230-135897635755_thumb.jpg

post-46230-135897635759_thumb.jpg

post-46230-135897635762_thumb.jpg

post-46230-135897635765_thumb.jpg

post-46230-135897635768_thumb.jpg

I have been hearing about "saltines" wondering if someone may explain what they are? Maybe I am making saltines....and I dont even know it! LOL

Penny

Saltine = first two rounds of a granny square

Granny Daughter = first round of a granny square.

These photos are what I have done so far on the granny crib afghan I chose for this CAL.

Wow............ thats really cool! love the colors!!!!

Ohhhhh ok So I have been making "saltines" and granny daughters! LoL...

Penny

Wow............ thats really cool! love the colors!!!!

Do you think its too dark for a baby afghan? the mom I am making it for does not like pastels and she does not know what the sex of the baby will be. It reminded me of the Eddie bauer set i saw that was red, black and white.

Penny

Do you think its too dark for a baby afghan? the mom I am making it for does not like pastels and she does not know what the sex of the baby will be. It reminded me of the Eddie bauer set i saw that was red, black and white.

Penny

Not at all!!! I think its awesome!

Baby does not equal "pastel" So this is going to be a very nice change!

Penny

Tam got to you first! I've made many ghans using saltines....no granny daughters, though - I don't think I'm ready for those yet:lol

These photos are what I have done so far on the granny crib afghan I chose for this CAL. So the wine white and black photo that is on the bottom photo will go around the white ( I need 24 or 26 squares for that).... Then there is 7 more rounds and then 40 more little squares ( not sure of the combo yet)

Penny

I make many of my gift blankets for babies in non traditional colors! It looks wonderful:c9

I should have gotten in on this....but I have 3 projects going and I also want to make a baby blanket for the NICU.

However I do have a couple grannys started so I would only have to make up 3 more to be caught up....lol.

Everyones squares are looking so good. I can't wait to see the finished product:)

I like what I'm seeing here in everybody's projects and Penny, that is going to be an awesome crib afghan and I don't think it will be too dark :no

I'm still debating if I'm going to jump in, but since it's now the 6th, I better decide :think So I can get caught up! I have to pull my stash and see what kind of scraps I have to work with

Oh dear. Confusion has set in again... SO then what are yoyo's, aren't they the same then as granny daughters, or does the ring and the first 12 dc's, not count as one row. I am so lost, lol!! Anyway, everyone's pics are simply beautiful, I envy those of you that already know what you're making with them! I guess it will come to me, before the cal is over!

A question for all, what color, or colors are you edging them in, if you're edging them, and do you plan on putting an edge then around the entire project when done, and and and!! lol

Oh dear. Confusion has set in again... SO then what are yoyo's, aren't they the same then as granny daughters, or does the ring and the first 12 dc's, not count as one row. I am so lost, lol!! Anyway, everyone's pics are simply beautiful, I envy those of you that already know what you're making with them! I guess it will come to me, before the cal is over!

A question for all, what color, or colors are you edging them in, if you're edging them, and do you plan on putting an edge then around the entire project when done, and and and!! lol

Yo-Yo = 16 dc in circle.

Katyallen:

I was actually working on pictures of these today to do a couple of blog posts.

Picture 1 shows 2 Saltines

Picture 2 is a Granny Daughter

Picture 3 is a YoYo

post-44633-135897636369_thumb.jpg

post-44633-135897636372_thumb.jpg

post-44633-135897636377_thumb.jpg

THANK YOU! Teakay, shell, and warrington!!

I do love pics, Im a visual learner, lol Sooooo to put this to rest in my mind, a yoyo is simply without the ch spaces that a granny's daughter has and has 16 dc instead of the twelve usually used in a grannys daughter?? Im saying yes, and thank you so much for your pics, and explanations! Sometimes, I swear, my working brain, takes a snooze! i have made and will continue to make all of these, just never really thought about the distinction of it all! lol:ty

Penny

Love your color choice too, looks very "rich" and very elegant!

Archived