March's Granny A Day Along

Sooooo to put this to rest in my mind, a yoyo is simply without the ch spaces that a granny's daughter has and has 16 dc instead of the twelve usually used in a grannys daughter??

Yep!

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still on track................. :hook

[ATTACH]36067[/ATTACH]

:heart

:mug

HEY! You have MY kitty in your picture!! How'd you manage that??

post-44633-1358976364_thumb.jpg

OMGosh................ that is so funny!

I showed my boys and their eyes were as big as golf balls!

OMGosh................ that is so funny!

I showed my boys and their eyes were as big as golf balls!

Okay, here's the test to see if they are truly distantly related....

what color are your kitty's eyes?

Hi All, today I completed the 24 granny daughters for around my crib-Ghan! I will try to get them sewn together tonight or tomorrow night, but my sons birthday is wednesday so i might be MIA for a few days as I will need to spiff up my house a little.... anyways heres a photo of my progress. The lighting is a little off, but you can see the gist of what it will look like.

Penny:c9

post-46230-135897636408_thumb.jpg

Ooops I got sidetracked. I bought an embroidery kit last weekend at a thrift store and have been working on the first picture and completely forgot about this LOL. Guess I need to put my project bag next to my chair so I don't forget. :blush

Everyone's projects are really pretty =0)

Okay, here's the test to see if they are truly distantly related....

what color are your kitty's eyes?

Here's a good pic of my Charlie's face!

post-18634-135897636412_thumb.jpg

Hi All, today I completed the 24 granny daughters for around my crib-Ghan! I will try to get them sewn together tonight or tomorrow night, but my sons birthday is wednesday so i might be MIA for a few days as I will need to spiff up my house a little.... anyways heres a photo of my progress. The lighting is a little off, but you can see the gist of what it will look like.

That is coming out sooooooooooooo neat!

[ATTACH]36067[/ATTACH]

When I am done with my projects... I am going to do some sort of blanket with my scrap yarns, I love the looks of these blankets and I have a box of scrap yarn. I looked at the magicball blankets and I really like them too. I love the colors of your squares

Penny

[ATTACH]36067[/ATTACH]

I love the colors on this... I have a huge bag of scrap yarn I got from my fiance's Grandma that I want to make into a very colorful blanket but haven't decided between Granny Squares, magic ball, ripple... or.... LOL so it just sits for right now.

Oh dear. Confusion has set in again... SO then what are yoyo's, aren't they the same then as granny daughters, or does the ring and the first 12 dc's, not count as one row. I am so lost, lol!! Anyway, everyone's pics are simply beautiful, I envy those of you that already know what you're making with them! I guess it will come to me, before the cal is over!

A question for all, what color, or colors are you edging them in, if you're edging them, and do you plan on putting an edge then around the entire project when done, and and and!! lol

I'm putting the traditional black border on mine - have a lot in stash.

[ATTACH]36067[/ATTACH]

LOVE the kitty...and the distant cousin I saw here!

Here's a pic of DS's new baby cat.A 2 yo Norwegian Forest cat who I met tonight as he stopped by on the way home after picking her up. I had this bottom piece of a tote I was going to make, changed my mind, and added several rows of purple for the new princess.

Here are the cat and the blankie

post-8552-135897636415_thumb.jpg

post-8552-13589763642_thumb.jpg

Charlie looks like a luvbug!

Penny

Oh he is!!!! He's a real sweetheart! Loves to be RIGHT near you.... ON you.....IN your stuff.... LOL... he thinks he's one of the kids. He even likes to snuggle under the covers at night in bed. :D

Here's a good pic of my Charlie's face!

[ATTACH]36071[/ATTACH]

Face to face, there are some differences. Penelope's eyes are copper. My hubby named her before he saw her (I had told him over the phone that she was a tuxedo but that was about it). So her nickname of Penny really fits since her eyes look like two copper pennies!

Oh he is!!!! He's a real sweetheart! Loves to be RIGHT near you.... ON you.....IN your stuff.... LOL... he thinks he's one of the kids. He even likes to snuggle under the covers at night in bed. :D

OMG that is sooo much our Penny too! She absolutely loves cuddling into my robe, or hanging over my shoulder with her face buried into my hair.

OMGoodness........... Look at that babies face........ I just love it!

Oooooooooooooooh... is that a blanket you're making. I thought you were doing squares? I'm lost................... :think

OMGoodness........... Look at that babies face........ I just love it!

Oooooooooooooooh... is that a blanket you're making. I thought you were doing squares? I'm lost................... :think

Oh, I'm making the granny squares....this round blankie started as a base for a tote bag but I lost interest, so it sat and sat. This morning I pulled it out and added a few rows of pruple to make it big enough for the new furbaby to curl up on.:D

:lol I have one kitty that is black and his name is sambo he LOVES to cuddle but my other kitty is tiger and her name is munchie she does not like to cuddle, good thing my miniature schnauzer loves to cuddle!

post-46230-13589763645_thumb.jpg

post-46230-135897636454_thumb.jpg

Face to face, there are some differences. Penelope's eyes are copper. My hubby named her before he saw her (I had told him over the phone that she was a tuxedo but that was about it). So her nickname of Penny really fits since her eyes look like two copper pennies!

aww.......... how sweet!!

OMG that is sooo much our Penny too! She absolutely loves cuddling into my robe, or hanging over my shoulder with her face buried into my hair.

Oh.. isnt that funny! Charlie is so cute... he plays with the dogs... he will sit on the table next to the turtle tank and act as if he is snuggling with Daytona... and He has a new favorite spot with the newest member of our family and his new best friend............ Lucky the Guinea Pig

post-18634-135897636428_thumb.jpg

awww cute furbaby...and I envy your round blankie....I want to make one too but I am really a granny girl right now since I have so many gifts and charity items to make. However, I bought the pattern book for circular baby blankets and there is a RR in there that I am going to make...it will be a good summer project.

Penny

Oh, I'm making the granny squares....this round blankie started as a base for a tote bag but I lost interest, so it sat and sat. This morning I pulled it out and added a few rows of pruple to make it big enough for the new furbaby to curl up on.:D

Oh .......... PurrrrFECT!!! :D

I love the colors!!!!

:lol I have one kitty that is black and his name is sambo he LOVES to cuddle but my other kitty is tiger and her name is munchie she does not like to cuddle, good thing my miniature schnauzer loves to cuddle!

aww........... LOL... .too cute!

aww.......... how sweet!!

Oh.. isnt that funny! Charlie is so cute... he plays with the dogs... he will sit on the table next to the turtle tank and act as if he is snuggling with Daytona... and He has a new favorite spot with the newest member of our family and his new best friend............ Lucky the Guinea Pig

[ATTACH]36075[/ATTACH]

But what does Lucky think of the kitty's perch?:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Oh .......... PurrrrFECT!!! :D

I love the colors!!!!

DS loved the look and colors, too....he even remarked on how good something like that would look on a table. He doesn't remembera time when I didn't crochet:lol

I think I have anew project for my #3 thread that sits in a drawer.

I also need to make today's Granny!

Archived