Serene Shawl or Wrap

Heather414

Last night, I finished the prayer shawl I've been working on for my aunt. She recently lost her husband and I wanted to give her this as a way of letting her know I was thinking of her. The pattern is from the book, The Crocheted Prayer Shawl Companion and is called Sister's Shawl. I did use a bigger hook than called for in the pattern (J) and modified the border, but didn't write anything down. The yarn is Red Heart Soft in Toast and Chocolate.

More photos are on my blog if you are interested. This link will take you directly to the post: http://heather-thegoodlife.blogspot.com/2011/02/serene-prayer-shawl-or-wrap.html

Thank you for looking. :)

post-28160-135897632714_thumb.jpg

Lovely, just lovely! I love the Red Heart Super Soft. I made a prayer shawl for my friend when her son went to Iraq and she was a basket case. (LOL--we were both basket makers at Longaberger!) Anyway she went on to go back to school and become an RN and works with Hospice patients (she also got a degree in Social work) She lends this prayer shawl to each of her patients and they use it and on to the next.

She told me, "You will never know exactly how many people that one shawl has comforted". Oh! That did my heart good.

May your hard work on this shawl return to you with many blessings!!!

:hug

• 1 month later...

Hi Heather-

Your shawl turned out so elegant and I am sure your aunt will treasure it forever.

May I ask if you remember what stitch you used for the last light colored border row? I love the way it stands out. :)

Very nice! You can tell how soft it is by looking at it. I do love the Red Heart Soft yarn. Brought me back to RH! You did such a nice job with the shawl too -- reminds me of a Chocolate hug! How much more comforting can you get? I know she will appreciate it.

Hi Heather-

May I ask if you remember what stitch you used for the last light colored border row? I love the way it stands out. :)

I think it is a combination of sc and sc2tog, but I didn't write anything down...

Thank you for the nice comments. :manyheart

Archived