Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Hi, Mary1:D....hugs to you, sweetie...:hug

Did anyone see this new pattern from the Red Heart site? Just got it in my email....:devil

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/twist-turn-throw?utm_source=Publicaster&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=March%202011%20-%20Keep%20in%20the%20Loop&utm_term=VIEW+AFGHAN+PATTERN

That's a really nice pattern, just ever so slightly out of the ordinary. Looks like it could work for a stashbuster too. Wonder if I could modify that into a baby blanket. I'll have to take a closer look at the pattern. I just looked at the picture so far.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I'm having my bfast, then off to work :sigh

Mary1 - :hug good luck with your parent issues :hug

Linda - Kim will have a great time getting her nails done :yes

Judy - that's a fun blanket :devil

Cindy - I'm sure you could make it a baby blanket just by shortening up the rows :think

Have a great day everyone

off to the gym in a few..ugh... finish cleaning the barn later. probably have to go get my nails made pretty again. About the only girlie thing I do for myself. DH told me once I didn't have to do them for him..and I said, yup I know! I don't do them for him silly man..I do them for ME!

busy day. Put doggie to rest :( but it was for the better of all. The vet gave us some words as it was hard to make a decision for someone else. That when they are to a point that we'd put the in a nursing home if they were human it's time.. It was time quite awhile ago for that one, but it did give us some reassurance of doing the right thing.

Worked in the barn most the rest of the day cleaning and cleaning and cleaning..have to finish that up tomorrow.

Wednesday nights is Divorce Care, a ministry my DH and I have been involved in for many years. Pray for healing for the ladies in my group!

Oh sweetie...............:hug.......... so sorry about you pup! I have furry and non-furry friends... I know how much they become part of your family! :hug

:heart

:mug

Morning ladies

Looks like I have many posts to catch up on . Thank you for all the concern . Yesterday was a really crappy day . I have pills to take when my breathing gets that bad . I'm not sure if I have panic attacks that make the asthma worse, or asthma attacks that make me have panic attacks ,but the pills I take usually calm it down,whatever it is . The problem with the pills are ,if I take them too many days in a row, they give me these headaches so bad, I feel like Lizzie Borden's dad --someone took an axe to my head .

Yesterday was one of those days --horrible breathing, cracking head ...so I tried NOT taking the pill for the breathing .... GEEZ what a mess .

I called my lung guy,he has offices in 3 towns ,and this morning is his day over at our local hospital ,so I have first appointment this morning . Let's just say I'll be glad to see him to see what he has up his sleeve for a new idea .

I AM SO SICK OF DOCTORS .... ridiculous . Trying not to get discouraged,but I keep wondering why I feel like a 90 year old when I'm in my 50s .

Linda

Your quilt is looking good .

Kiyo

Nice job on the slippers .

Joanne

How you hanging in with the long week so far ? Hope you get sunday off .

Toni

Thinking of you today as you have a busy day plus go for your checkups and treatments

Val

So sorry to hear about your dad, but I am glad you got to see him and spend time with him .Your boss sure wasnt very sympathetic,so I dont blame you for being mad about it .

Cheeria

Sorry you have bronchitis. That stuff sure makes you tired,doesnt it ? Please take good care of yourself. Do your kids have a backup babysitter they can use if you need a couple days off ?

HiTam

Thanks for sharing the photo - pretty colors , hope your husband does well with this round of treatments and they are making good progress with him .

Mary2

Sorry about your pup. I dont have pets so have never gone through that with them,but several of the ladies in here have,so I know they would know exactly how you feel .

That's nice of you and your husband to help at the ladie's clinic .

Hope you all have a good day today . I'll let you know what the doc says . Just getting mighty tired of going from one to another and getting no relief ,and each one disagress with the other ,so you dont know who to listen to .

Oh hon.............. I am so sorry you struggle so much with this! I wish I lived closer........ darn it.......... I would take such good care of you!

Thanks for the concern for hubby! He's hangin' tough! :)

Good morning all,

Julie- I was very relieved to see your post. :hug Maybe there is something else the doc can prescribe for you to take for the breathing that won't cause you to have massive headaches.

Mary- So sorry about your dog:hug-it's never an easy decision and I"m glad that the vet helped you with his words. That is a wonderful thing that you and DH are doing with Divorce Cares.. Prayers for the ladies involved --I've been there and it's not easy.

Tam- Another beautiful item flies off your hook. :manyheart The baby ripple is gorgeous! Your DH is always in my prayers!

Marisa- Did you do start your sweater last night?

Judy, Cheeria and Marisa- Any thoughts on when you'd like to meet up again? How about Mar 19 or 26? I think the 19th may be out for Marisa- is that when you go to Pittsburgh? Anyway , those are the two Saturdays I'm available in March so just let me know.

To the rest of the house- it's late, so I better get ready for Paradise....and Julie- in answer to your question- I'm hanging in there with the long hours/long week!! Thanks for asking!

Have a good day all!!!:hug

Thank you so much for the compliment!

thank you for your prayers for hubby... they are a great help!

Good morning, peeps!

Jules, I'm so relieved to see you here this morning.... good luck with the doctor:hug

Your RR is gorgeous...and Ken has a wonderful, faith-filled attitude everytime I read his posts to Caring Bridge....you are so well matched as a couple:hug:manyheart

What a wonderful ministry:hug:hug

It's up to you guys - I have nothing set in stone for either Saturday. Will you be letting Susan (?) know too...she seemed interested in coming again. And Marisa, what about Mary?

BBL!

Thank you sweetie!!!! Your comments and compliments are very much appreciated!!! :hug

Good morning. Despite the fact that I read all day yesterday, (the book for the combo thread), I did manage to vacuum, mop floors and clean bathrooms last night. This morning I will go get the groceries I didn't get yesterday.

Tam, your RR is beautiful.

Julie, hope the dr has some other solutions to offer.

Joanne have a good day at work. I have today off, and then work tomorrow.

Mary, that sounds like a really wonderful ministry.

Thank you sweetie!!!

Good morning ladies :coffee

Finishing up my coffee then heading upstairs for my workout :D I have to push myself to do it, but always feel soo much better afterwards :lol

Tam - Gorgeous 5 to 10 rr :manyheart Keeping dh in my prayers, how's Michael?

Mary2 - :hug :hug for a tough decision with the doggie. WTG on the barn cleaning :yes

Julie - Glad you hear you have the first appt this morning, :xfin for a new idea :hug :hug

Joanne - I did start my sweater last night :clap FINALLY!!! I find that my knitting is quite loose, but I have the bottom ribbing on the back piece 2/3 done. It's not much, but I'm proud of it so far :lol

Joanne, Judy, and Cheeria - Either of those days works for me as of now, I'm going to Pitt the weekend before, well, next weekend from the 10th to the 13th. They always do their st patty's celebration the weekend before st patty's day. I'll see what's on Mary's plate for those weekends when I get to work later :lol That girl always has sooo much going on :lol

Thank you so much for the compliment and prayers!!! Michael is hangin' in there. He's weaning off the prednizone right now... we're watching him real close to make sure he doesnt relapse again.

Good Morning, Ladies. :manyheart Yesterday was not a fun day with parent issues and hopefully today will be quieter. :yes I miss my hook and yarn. :sigh

Mary ~ Oh, I'm so sorry about your furbaby. :hug We've been there several times and it's always hard to make that decision. :hug

Thanks for sharing the picture of your DD and darling grandkids!

Julie ~ I hope your doctor can give you some relief today. We want you better! :ghug

Linda ~ Your quilt top is gorgeous! :clap What will you use for the backing? When is the deadline for the Challenge? That's all my questions for now. :lol

Tam ~ The baby ghan is wonderful and the colors are perfect! :c9 Thinking of your DH and your whole family as he goes through the chemo.

Marisa ~ I hope your cold is much better now!

Kiyo ~ Oh, your birthday bash sounds fun. :dance Love your slippers and the yarn you used.:hook

Trish ~ I'm so sorry about your DIL and hope next time will be okay. :manyheart

Hi to all of my House friends. I have an appointment this a.m., so had better get ready. Have a good morning!

Oh hon................I'm sorry your day wasnt good yesterday! :hug

Thank you for the compliment on my baby'ghan.... and thank you for your concern for hubby! :hug

Hello everyone. I've missed you guys but it was unavoidable. One of my shift supervisors was fired. My DM took the only one left out to work on a team for the district cosmetic reset. I've had to open and close my store everyday until I put my foot down and said no more! As you know, my Dad had heart surgery on Jan 10th, the DM would not get me coverage to go home. My Dad never made it back home. On Feb 15th, my stepmom called and said if we wanted to see him we needed to get to Alabama asap. I lost it and told the DM just what I thought. I went to Bama on 2/16...my dad had a great day. My sister had gone over on Sunday and she said that once I got there he didn't look like the same man she'd seen over the weekend. He laughed and had fun! When I was out talking to the doctor, he asked my niece if it would be okay if he left. She asked him if he was talking about going to my Mom who is deceased. He said yes because he loved her soooo much. He expired on 2/18...he would have been 72 years old on 2/19. I'm doing okay because I did get to spend that Wednesday with him. If I had not, I probably would not be able to live with myself. I've hired 2 new people and I'm training them to be supervisors. I have to take my life back. I will not continue to work as I have.

Linda - I'll be moving to Cumming in August or September.

Maybe we can have more luck hooking up when you are closer. [/QUOTE]

Val, I'm so glad that you put your foot down and got to see your Dad before he died. It hurts so much more when you don't get that closure.

:hug :hug :hug Hope the meds help you kick the bronchitis quickly. Take care my friend. :hug :hug :hug

Beautiful blanket. Good luck to hubby. :hug :hug :hug How many rounds of chemo does he have to take? Hope the boys are all doing well, too.

:hug :hug :hug :hug It's hard losing our furbabies, even when we know it's the best thing for them. :hug :hug :hug Hugs to your divorce ladies, too. :hug :hug :hug

:hug :hug :hug Parent issues are hard.

The backing for the quilt is the same material as the outside border. The quilted items all have to be there by the 15th of June, so my goal is to have it in the mail by the 1st of June. I did get a top to practice the quilting with put together yesterday.

It's a bit chilly out this morning, but the sun is shining. Planning on taking Kim out to get her nails done this afternoon. Not sure what else is on the docket yet. A lot depends on how she holds up to the activity.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Good luck at the doctor's office, Julie.

Thank you for the compliment and concern for my family!

Hubby has to finish this round and is scheduled for one more round. He will then have blood tests and biopsy done to determine if there is more chemo after that... then he will be watched closely.

luv ya hon :hug

Hi, Mary1:D....hugs to you, sweetie...:hug

Did anyone see this new pattern from the Red Heart site? Just got it in my email....:devil

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/twist-turn-throw?utm_source=Publicaster&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=March%202011%20-%20Keep%20in%20the%20Loop&utm_term=VIEW+AFGHAN+PATTERN

Isnt that the coolest pattern!! Its so neat!!!

Hi guys

Back home form the lung guy . He took me off one of my meds and added a brand new one ,since my breathing tests each visit have gotten worse .

Also had a long talk with him regarding some of my other malfunctions, which he seems to think are anxiety related . I am thinking of running thru the Drive Thru and picking up a case of Wild Turkey . THAT will make me forget my worries . :yes

Anyhow I am keeping my fingers crossed that this new med will work . It makes you so very TIRED when you cannot get a full breath of air .

Think I'm gonna take a short siesta before time to start supper .. will stop in later --

That's a really nice pattern, just ever so slightly out of the ordinary. Looks like it could work for a stashbuster too. Wonder if I could modify that into a baby blanket. I'll have to take a closer look at the pattern. I just looked at the picture so far.

If you can adapt it, I'd be interested, too. I liked it because it was so very different.

Hi guys

Back home form the lung guy . He took me off one of my meds and added a brand new one ,since my breathing tests each visit have gotten worse .

I hope they help....

Also had a long talk with him regarding some of my other malfunctions, which he seems to think are anxiety related .I know from my own issues how much anxiety plays a huge part in our illnesses. He's probably right on track there...

I am thinking of running thru the Drive Thru and picking up a case of Wild Turkey . THAT will make me forget my worries . :yes

And I have a bottle of blackberry brandy in my pantry - a friend recommended it for medicinal reasons.

Haven't cracked it open yet, though it would be a nice alternative to pain meds...:devil

Hi again! Back from a quick dr. visit - he made a slight change to my BP Rx and wanted to check on that. Then Ms. Truck had her "new car" check and they washed her, too. :)

Valerie ~ I'm so sorry about the loss of your father. :hug But good for you for getting there to see him...and for trying to have a life outside of work. :yes

Toni ~ I hope your day is going okay. :manyheart How often do you have the chemo? I admire your wonderful attitude. That's great that you take your crocheting with you.

Judy ~ Thanks for the link to the pattern! How is Sparkie?

Julie ~ Oh, we'll all keep our fingers crossed, too! 'Hope you can get some rest this afternoon. I don't drink much liquor, but will share a bottle of red wine with you. :wink

Time to start some cleaning...just don't know where to start. :lol

Mary1, Sparkie is good. He had a bordatella vaccine and titre tests for the rest. I also had her check his back leg, the one that keeps acting up and the range of motion seemed fine...so it might not be a big deal. Fingers crossed.... It was an aerobic activity trying to keep him still:lol

~~hello ladies~~ I just had a moment to run through a few of the posts. Dang it there's a lot going on.......everyone that is sick, has been sick, had rough times, is having rough times----you're in my prayers. I'm having a VERY rough day myself-----please tell me it's ok to just go on in life by myself and I will be just fine. Maybe I'm sweating something petty and I shouldn't care but I do.

I am hoping to shake this all off and just carry on, can't let it get me down!

I made me a new hat last night. Same verigated yarn as the last set of slippers. I love it. Is fun and can wear with tons of stuff!

Hope everyone has a great evening. I'm so frustrated I just want to go home and take a hot bath and forget about the world outside, mind you I can't forget about my munchkin and my dogs! lol Loves to you all.

post-35667-13589763491_thumb.jpg

Kiyo, if it comes to a choice between being alone and "settling" (not making a good choice)...well, you're a smart young woman, so you can guess the right decision.:hug:hug:manyheart

Oooops...forgot about the hat....Love the bright colors!!

Hello all,

Julie- Hoping that the new meds help you out!!! :hug

Judy- I love that afghan- I didn't get that in email today, I got another email from Red Heart which was a Granny Retro Vest! That afghan is different and looks like fun- however, the "intermediate" skill level worries ME a little!!:think I was going to ask Susan to join us, but figured we should firm up the date first:yes

Toni- I was thinking about you today and hope all went well with your chemo!

Cheeria- How's the bronchitis? Hope that your meds are helping you and that you are getting time to rest! :hug

Marisa- That's great that you started the sweater!!!:cheer As soon as we hear from Cheeria and you let us know about whether Mary is coming and if so, what date works for her, we can set the date. I'll PM Cheeria in case she doesn't see the post.

Mary 1- That's nice that they washed Ms Truck for you after her 'check-up'! How did your cleaning go? Not my favorite activity at all, but unfortunately, it's a necessity.

Linda- Did all go well with Kim getting her nails done? Did you get any time to read, quilt, or crochet today?

Kiyo- Not sure what is going on- but :hug for you!! Sorry to hear you had a frustrating day! Maybe a soak in a hot tub isn't such a bad idea!!

Time to make dinner- tonight it's BLT's- (with turkey bacon) I've never had it before and want to make it before DH sees that it's not the "real thing" :lol He'll be home in about 20 minutes so I'd better get hopping.

Archived