A Doily to Blanket A~Long

heart

my double pineapple is coming along nicely; 23 rounds of the 36 finished so far

Oh that is so pretty. I need some more time to work on mines for I haven't reached my pineapple portion of my pattern yet. :hook

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not joining in this group, but since this is a crochet along for the doily blankets, I just wanted to post a link to this doily blanket from red heart, did anybody see it?

http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW2487.pdf

Carol:hook

Thank youy for the pattern, I will like to try my hand at it, maybe after I finish the one I'm working on now. Thanks :hug

Half way done,just finished row 20...it is now 26" around :cheerIts laying nice and flat so this is a good pattern for making a blanket.

I love it.There's a lot of Ooooo and Ah's as I go through the posts in this group. The doily-ghans are all so beautiful and look so delicate even in yarn. :crocheting

Half way done,just finished row 20...it is now 26" around :cheerIts laying nice and flat so this is a good pattern for making a blanket.

That is turning out beautiful! I love it!!!!

:heart

:mug

I'm not joining in this group, but since this is a crochet along for the doily blankets, I just wanted to post a link to this doily blanket from red heart, did anybody see it?

http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW2487.pdf

Carol:hook

Oh wow... thanks for the pattern link! I like that one!

ok, i am on the last row and without blocking, mine is coming out just 27". :( Not sure whether to try and add more (have never just winged it before) or just call it good. It's small but since my first ever doily pattern, I am very happy with it. Just don't know what to do with it. lol

craftyone, shaylen, and cindy, those are all soo pretty!

Cindy, your "making it up as you go along" blanket is just amazing! I hope you're writing it down :yes

Thanks, I started writing it down, but found it quite difficult, since I have to play a lot with stitch counts to make it lay flat. I'm not sure that this will ever become a written pattern that anyone else could follow.

cindy, I hear you on the notes! I don't have the nerve to tackle inventing anything like designing a doily! Even the simpler things I've made, my notes are a "joyful creative jumble"! I admire people like you who can make something so pretty, round, and flat!

(I know in my "head" about flat increasing...or graduated increases, however you want to call it...but my brain refuses to try to write one! lol oh well. there's tons of gorgeous doily patterns, and it's all the more pleasure to make others' designs, knowing it;s a skill of inventing that I just don't have...if that makes any sense)

wow just spotted this thread....I am just gonna have to have a go at this! I love doily patterns and the idea of making them baby sized is genius! :) off to search for a pattern that is suitable, making sure the lace is not to holey! ;)

Wow! You guys are chatty. I miss a couple days and a couple pages go by. :)

The pics are GORGEOUS so far!

:hi RoseRed. Hope you are feeling better.

ok. Finished all but blocking it. It only came out 28" unblocked. Not the greatest picture but I loved doing it. :hook I want to do another. :) I just have to get some more yarn when funds come in. I have a long list of patterns I've already picked out so narrowing it down may be hard. lol

eta: boy the color sure didn't come through. It's Vanna's Choice SeaSpray Mist, a light greenish, kind of fading light to a bit darker.

post-44513-135897632592_thumb.jpg

ok. Finished all but blocking it. It only came out 28" unblocked. Not the greatest picture but I loved doing it. :hook I want to do another. :) I just have to get some more yarn when funds come in. I have a long list of patterns I've already picked out so narrowing it down may be hard. lol

eta: boy the color sure didn't come through. It's Vanna's Choice SeaSpray Mist, a light greenish, kind of fading light to a bit darker.

The color may not be true in your photo, but the doilyghan is absolutely beautiful! I will be happy if mine turns out half as nice.

It came out beautiful!!!

Wow, is that ever pretty!!

Stephanie, I love the pattern - it's beautiful.

Mine is light green too, and when I posted the photo it looks like off white. I don't know what it is with greens. Mine never seem to photograph well. My camera is definitely not Irish!

I played an irritating game of Rip-It last night. I was almost finished with Row 30, only two or three pattern clusters to go, when suddenly the chain 2 space I needed wasn't there. Hate that! I was supposed to have 2 shells in the row below, and I had only made half of the second one. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. I was so disgusted I just put it away after I backtracked. Before work this morning I caught to where I had been, but ggrrrrr. It will be finished soon, at least if I can stay focused enohgh to remember that these shells have 2dc before and AFTER the chain space..

finished mine in record time! I used the summer splender pattern...its utterly delightfull to make, well written and easy to follow and has made a lovely baby afgan! I totally love this idea! ;)

It's gorgeous!!!:manyheart

finished mine in record time! I used the summer splender pattern...its utterly delightfull to make, well written and easy to follow and has made a lovely baby afgan! I totally love this idea! ;)

it really is beautiful.

That is so pretty!!! GREAT JOB!!!

Archived