Ripple Shawl

Jewels

Well I was a happppppy crocheter when I did a stop to the Michael's store on my vacation on found the coveted LB Microspun yarn!! I thought it was a bit pricey but "needed" to get it finally now that it's carried here. It splits a lot so the crocheting was slower going than usual, but got my shawl done in a week or so. Happy with the way it turned out. It is verrrry soft.

36035100_4283c9297b.jpg

That's awesome! It's a bummer that microspun splits easy but I have found it useful when I want to thin it out and mix in a few different colours. I did that with my "Irish Pride" baby beanie. I did orange, white and green.

Congrats,

Bec

I found that the splitting is only a problem if you tend to crochet tightly, which (fortunately for me in this case) I don't. I love that stuff! I've noticed that it's much cheaper at JoAnns than at Michaels. I was in both stores yesterday and noticed that Michaels had it for $3.29 a skein while JoAnns has it for $2.49, but Michaels did have a larger selection of colors to choose from.

Your shawl turned out lovely, I really like the color too!

I found that the splitting is only a problem if you tend to crochet tightly, which (fortunately for me in this case) I don't. I love that stuff! I've noticed that it's much cheaper at JoAnns than at Michaels. I was in both stores yesterday and noticed that Michaels had it for $3.29 a skein while JoAnns has it for $2.49, but Michaels did have a larger selection of colors to choose from.

Your shawl turned out lovely, I really like the color too!

Wow, I paid $5.49 at Michaels in Canada here. :eek

and yes, it's Lionbrand pattern here. Very easy to follow.

That's beautiful! I really like that microspun but the price tag has warned me off so far....maybe I can cruise Wally World for it...I think they carry LB if I'm not mistaken. I just wish Target had a craft dept....I know eventually THEY would have a killer sale on it. You did a wonderful job....congrats!

Archived