Crafty Crochet Basket using 6 strands of acrylic

racerose

I've been wanting to crochet a basket and I liked this pattern. I needed to use up some yarn in order to justify buying more yarn. This basket is crocheted with six strands of acrylic and a Q hook. Yay! now I have room for new yarn!

picture of my basket with more info:

http://racerose.blogspot.com/2005/08/now-i-have-another-place-to-put-yarn.html

pattern can be found here:

http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/projects/basket.html

Nice basket. I love the colors also. Was it hard on the hands with 6 strands??

Not at all hard on the hands. The acrylic yarn worked easily on the big plastic Q hook. And as you can imagine, it worked up really quickly. I love using the Q hook. On the other hand, I'm crocheting a little bowl using strips of fabric knotted together. THAT is very hard on the hands....ouch.

Great job on the basket! I bought a q hook once to make a shrug, with two strands of yarn. But, I bought bulky yarn, and it was just way too thick! Anyways, I don't know how i did it, but I misplaced the hook!

lol, i got my little BIL laughing. I came home with the hook, and held it up, and said "Yeah, I don't think this hook is big enough." :rofl He thought it was funny.

I still don't know how i misplaced it. It's so huge!!! maybe it's under the couch.

I used the small basket pattern. My boyfriend tells me that I keep crocheting things to put more yarn in; and I have enough yarn. I had to make this to get rid of some yarn....he didn't see the big box I got yesterday. He would've died.

Which size did you use? I think yours looks better made and cuter than the pattern samples. You did a great job.

Stitchinpick

i LOVE THAT! i AM TRYING TO PRINT IT. aLMOST OUT OF INK!I sure wanna make one tonight. Me and my best friend always crochet together one night a week!!! Tonights our night. You've got me n the basket mood!

When you were crocheting with 6 strands at once, did you use 6 different skeins?? Did you ball up a skein into different bundles? How many skeins of each color did you use?

I am just being nosey. I think I might make one! I have tons of stash.

Stitchinpick

Reno, NV

Archived