Crafty Crochet Basket using 6 strands of acrylic

racerose

When you were crocheting with 6 strands at once, did you use 6 different skeins?? Did you ball up a skein into different bundles? How many skeins of each color did you use?

I am just being nosey. I think I might make one! I have tons of stash.

Stitchinpick

Reno, NV

I definitely didn't use a whole skein of each color... not sure exactly how much. I was lucky and had 3 leftover skeins of each color that I had used to make a rug (crocheted with 3 strands together). Then I rolled up 3 additional balls. The balls I wound up were about the size of a tennisball. I ran out of yarn a couple of times; but just tied on more yarn with a knot. (it's easy to hide the knots)

Another good thing to try is using both ends of a skein. Using the end from the inside of the skein and also the end on the outside of the skein.

Good luck! It's an excellent scrap yarn project.

:think

The basket turned out beautiful, but isn't it a bit costly? I mean 6 strands of yarn crocheted at once... Yarn is quite pricey and hard to find where I live, even if I only buy on sales, it's still around 3$ for 1 skein... maybe I'll try this pattern with srips of fabric...

Nice work anyway :)

LOL I think everyone here is going to copy you and make baskets now :lol

I know I am

I LOVE Q-Hooks! projects work up so fast!

My boyfriend freaked out a little when he saw my Q...he thought it was like a novelty hook or something, like a big comb or toothbrush you win at the fair

:laughroll

the look on is face when I pulled that sucker out and started using it...priceless.

~Chicki

That's a nice decorative basket! Thanks for sharing a very nice project for our yarn stash!:hook

:think

The basket turned out beautiful, but isn't it a bit costly? I mean 6 strands of yarn crocheted at once... Yarn is quite pricey and hard to find where I live, even if I only buy on sales, it's still around 3$ for 1 skein...

May I also mention: I am selling acrylic yarn , 12 skeins (18gms./skein) for only US$8.75(shipping and handling included). I hope you take a look at my site. Thanks!

• 3 years later...

Archived