Aloha

Mamatiger

My name is Valerie. I am the wife of a Navy sailor and the mom to two lovely little girls, 3 and 1. I started crocheting the second time my husband deployed. I thought I would make him a blanket for his bed on the boat. Well, my first attempt had more waves than the ocean:blush I taught myself, if you didn't get that already. But he says it kept him nice and warm.

I can follow a pattern, but it tends to be more like I crochet how I cook. I look at what I may want to make. See a pattern, look at it for inspiration and just go. I have made wool soakers for my girls, they are a diaper cover type thing. I have also made clothes and toys for them. My first attempt at a cat looked more like an alligator, but hey, the girls love it, right?

We are currently stationed in Hawaii, with NO yarn stores:eek I do a lot of shopping online:D

I look forward to talking to others who enjoy crochet, seems to be mostly knitters everywhere I go, and getting tips, tricks and ideas.

I look forward to talking to others who enjoy crochet, seems to be mostly knitters everywhere I go, and getting tips, tricks and ideas.

Greetings from Alberta, Canada!!!! :welcome to Crochetville! You found a plethura of friends who love to crochet and will be extra helpful in a time of need for some crochet help...Its great to have you here!

What? No yarn stores? :eek Not at all?:eek How do these people live? I get it, you're a Craft Missionary! There to spread the Good Word, and enlighten people as to the error of their ways!:devil

Hopefully you'll get moved on to somewhere with LOADS of yarn stores!:haha

Welcome to our bit of sanity in a bad, mad world

Alison

Thank you all for the welcome. I have to say its the warmest welcome I have ever gotten from any message board:manyheart

I should say that we do have yarn at the walmart here. And there is an outrageously priced Ben Franklin. But no one sells wool. I think they think, why do you need wool in Hawaii? And I have gotten a little picky on my yarn now.

And I spent a good bit last night looking at the show and tell. WOW. I am wondering what I want to do next.

Archived