Pics in post or on blog? (take2)

Do you follow links to look at pics (multiple choice)  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Do you follow links to look at pics (multiple choice)

• ALWAYS - I LOVE the eye candy
    • SOMETIMES- if I 'know' the person or really want to see it
    • NOT USUALLY - shouldn't have to go 'hunting' to see it
    • DEPENDS - on what it is or who is posting
    • NEVER - if it's not on the ville I don't look
    • I think it's GREAT - I can see all about the project in one spot
    • I really DON'T CARE one way or the other
    • I think it's ANNOYING to go hunting down pics
    • I wish more people would post pics here.
    • It doesn't matter either way to me.

I can only speak for myself on this one. I prefer to see them here and then if I want to see more details or learn a bit more about it have the option to go to a link. I used to have only a dial up connection and it was hard enough just getting this site to load. Having to go to another site to see a project just got to be too annoying waiting for it to load so I would often skip the post. I do have high speed now but if I don't have a lot of time I may not go to the link. Just something to keep in mind.

This is a very 'speak for yourself' type of poll.

Using the 'post a pic' function here is really pretty easy once you learn it.

I think my fav way of seeing something posted (and this is the way I try to do it too) is to post a basic pic or my fav pic here and link to the blog post itself (not the main blog page but the blog post) with all the gooey details like yarns, hooks, etcs.

if I'm on my desktop computer I look, but if I''m on my laptop I don't (its not fast enough, and has an attitude problem)

is there any way to take a link from photobucket (copy/paste) and have the picture appear? I'm usually on my laptop and load all my pics to photobucket, so always end up posting the dreaded link

iis there any way to take a link from photobucket (copy/paste) and have the picture appear? I'm usually on my laptop and load all my pics to photobucket, so always end up posting the dreaded link

You can't just the paste the link directly into the post and have it appear. But, with just a few short additional steps, you can easily make the picture appear in your post, using the photobucket (or flickr or whatever link).

Here's how:

1. Make sure you're in Advanced mode.
  2. Click the paper clip in the tool bar menu at the top of your reply box. (You may need to enable pop-up boxes for Crochetville in your browser settings.)
  3. Paste the URL to your photobucket/flickr picture into the box that says "Upload File from a URL."
  4. Click the Upload button.
  5. Close the Manage Attachments pop up window.
  6. Return to your "Reply to Thread" window.
  7. Position your cursor wherever you want photo to appear.
  8. Go back to paper clip icon, and select your photo from the pull-down menu.

I have to spend so much time on this site, that for me personally, it's much easier and preferable when people post all the details of their project in their post here: pictures, yarn and hook info, link to pattern, any special notes, etc.

For anybody who's wondering, you don't have to try to conserve our bandwidth in your post. :) You can include as many pictures and make your post as long as you want.

I understand some people may want to use their posts here as a teaser to generate traffic to their blogs (and that's okay). I just like to see everything here so I don't have to open additional browser windows or tabs. I'd much rather have all the details here, with a little note at the end of the post like, "You can also check my blog (with link provided) for info on this project and all my other projects."

I don't like to click links because some times it takes a while to load (if they have a lot on their blog) and also some people have music on their blog that I don't care for and I have to quickly adjust my volume on my speakers. I'm not saying this to be mean, if you want music on your blog that's OK. I just wish that you would give the viewer an option to hear it or not.

I love the pics posted here, quick and easy! If I am totally interested, or want to see more, i will use the links, but so much of the time, it's the blog link, and I have to scroll through all the previous entries to find what I am looking for. I like when they post the direct link to their photo page, or flickr, but still really prefer photos to be posted here mostly! It's wonderful though, that they include the link to the blog or whatever so if you really want more info about the item! And so with that said, I have properly postitioned myself in the exact middle of said fence!:think:eek:blush

I really prefer to see a pic right in the post, then I can get an idea if it's a project I want to make right away. I have quite a few threads subscribed in a "Patterns to do" folder and a quick glance at the pic reminds me just which one it is.

I will occasionally click to a blog to see something, but not often.

For me, I like it when the pics are posted here, because I get eye candy right away. :yay:clap

I don't mind going to flickr or photobucket, but because I usually cruise the 'Ville at work, I can't open the blog links.:oops

I'm a lazy slob at best so I like to see it here. Once I see the thing I can decide whether I want to go and see more.

I often will click on a blog link just for fun but I like to know what's up for a specific thing first. :wlol

I'm just remembering that I need to go and redo some pics. :sigh

I don't like to click links because some times it takes a while to load (if they have a lot on their blog) and also some people have music on their blog that I don't care for and I have to quickly adjust my volume on my speakers. I'm not saying this to be mean, if you want music on your blog that's OK. I just wish that you would give the viewer an option to hear it or not.

I'm right there with you on that one. For some reason the blogs with music take forever to load. My laptop is only a couple years old and I'm running W7 and it still takes a while. A lot of times I'll just close the page before I even get to see what's there.

I prefer to see a pic here on the 'Ville. When browsing each Show & Tell category I tend to only click on the posts that show the pic attached icon. It's Show & Tell, don't just tell me, show me too :D

I do follow blog links for more info or extra pics if it's something I really admire but I'm not keen on blogs with music and a lot of flashing images that take eons to load ;)

For me it depends on how badly I want to see the thing. I am not going to go hunting unless it is something that really interests me. I would much rather see it right here on the Ville where I can get the instant eye candy!

You can't just the paste the link directly into the post and have it appear. But, with just a few short additional steps, you can easily make the picture appear in your post, using the photobucket (or flickr or whatever link).

Here's how:

1. Make sure you're in Advanced mode.
  2. Click the paper clip in the tool bar menu at the top of your reply box. (You may need to enable pop-up boxes for Crochetville in your browser settings.)
  3. Paste the URL to your photobucket/flickr picture into the box that says "Upload File from a URL."
  4. Click the Upload button.
  5. Close the Manage Attachments pop up window.
  6. Return to your "Reply to Thread" window.
  7. Position your cursor wherever you want photo to appear.
  8. Go back to paper clip icon, and select your photo from the pull-down menu.

AHH....OK. thats where I was going wrong, this is the first forum that I've had to use the attachments thingamajigie. :) thank you!

I prefer to see a pic here on the 'Ville. When browsing each Show & Tell category I tend to only click on the posts that show the pic attached icon. It's Show & Tell, don't just tell me, show me too :D

I do follow blog links for more info or extra pics if it's something I really admire but I'm not keen on blogs with music and a lot of flashing images that take eons to load ;)

this is pretty much exactly how I feel, esp. "don't just tell me, show me too"! if i do go to a blog or site that takes too long to load, i just close the window.

I prefer to see a pic here and I like it if there's a link to the blog in the post or signature, so I can read up more if I want to.

However, if the blogpost is badly written, or in a light-coloured text on a dark background, I click away immediately. I know that sounds mean, but I don't want to have to "work" to read someone's post - if I have to decipher it because there's no punctuation and the words aren't capitalised ... well, then, it's just too much effort. :(

ETA: I try to post pics whenever I can, but sometimes I can't - pics on the other computer, too large or unformatted etc.

I prefer to see a pic here and I like it if there's a link to the blog in the post or signature, so I can read up more if I want to.

However, if the blogpost is badly written, or in a light-coloured text on a dark background, I click away immediately. I know that sounds mean, but I don't want to have to "work" to read someone's post - if I have to decipher it because there's no punctuation and the words aren't capitalised ... well, then, it's just too much effort. :(

I am with you on the colour choices for blog fonts. These old eyes are just not up the tough jobs any more. And whatever happened to paragraphs?

:wlol

Archived