2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Any way you get rid of yarn counts. Knitting, crochet, giving it away, selling it. It's all good.

:manyheart

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Giving away yarn counts! For a swap I had bought 8 skeins of yarn. I had to take the negative number when I bought it, but got the possitive number back when I sent it out. :)

I just threatened Jana with bringing her yarn today! It would be a possitive for me and a negative for her! :lol

:turtle:vheart

antagonist... I'll send you some just out of the goodness of my heart! whaddaya want? couple 100?? :lol:lol

got your back jana :rofl

antagonist... I'll send you some just out of the goodness of my heart! whaddaya want? couple 100?? :lol:lol

Thanks Mary. :manyheartGeez, just when you think you have a great friend, she goes and tries to make your YTD score go even more in the negative. :rofl

Are you really threatening me with yarn??? Seriously??? My score may suffer, but I wouldn't!! :rofl

Only if you bring yarn to Jana without her knowing...

Now I've heard from others here that their local Wally World was re-doing their yarn aisle..and guess what? mine did too! I found the bernat pipsqueak yarn that I've been needing to finish a blanket. I was quite thrilled, so that was 3 more in the cart..then there was that ss in rose garden that looks absolutely yummy! and there were only 2 lonely skeins there..yeah they came home too. A cone of cotton did too. Sheesh so much for not buying yarn this week! so -12

Sheesh so much for not buying yarn this week!

Glad to know I'm not the only one! I finally found some discontinued suede yarn on ebay in the color I've been looking for and a good price--4 skeins.

Then 4 skeins of Caron One Pound at JoAnn's for a pretty afghan pattern I just ran across. I was lucky that my monthly trip to pick up DS at the Memphis airport coincided with two 40% off coupons--used the 10% VIP discount for the other two.

I've had a +3, but I'm not sure how much more I'll be able to use up this week. I may have to make some more dishcloths!

Been trying to get out of this funk. One ball of cotton used up on dish cloths, then gifted 2 more balls of cotton - they flew away via USPS. Hoping to get some crochet time in tonight. No grands - just me, the dog and hubby. A much needed quiet weekend.

As much as I love new yarn, I was so glad Sue didn't throw any yarn in my car as my door opened. :rofl. I can just picture it now. She brings hubby Bruce to lunch with us only as a distraction. As he gets me involved in a conversation, Sue quickly throws mounds and mounds of stash in the back floorboard of my car. :sofunny:rofl

Been trying to get out of this funk. One ball of cotton used up on dish cloths, then gifted 2 more balls of cotton - they flew away via USPS. Hoping to get some crochet time in tonight. No grands - just me, the dog and hubby. A much needed quiet weekend.

As much as I love new yarn, I was so glad Sue didn't throw any yarn in my car as my door opened. :rofl. I can just picture it now. She brings hubby Bruce to lunch with us only as a distraction. As he gets me involved in a conversation, Sue quickly throws mounds and mounds of stash in the back floorboard of my car. :sofunny:rofl

:lol:cheer:cheer :think:eek:hook

Putting in my totals now, so I won't forget!

This was a week of much activity, but no skeins used up, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +0 YTD -25

I REALLY need to Stashbust!!

I've been cleaning out my storage unit and apartment since I will be moving before year end, and I discovered I have enough yarn to open my own yarn store :oopsYet there is more yarn coming from ebay next week :blush

I have 2 stashbuster afghans going, one knit and one crocheted that I just pick up whenever. The crocheted afghan is about a third done, the knitted one has barely any work on it yet. These are done whenever I'm not focused on a "real" project.

I so don't want to be moving this much yarn across 2 states! I've read several pages at the beginning and end of this thread and I think I got it. I love the idea of making it a game :)

I REALLY need to Stashbust!!

I've been cleaning out my storage unit and apartment since I will be moving before year end, and I discovered I have enough yarn to open my own yarn store :oopsYet there is more yarn coming from ebay next week :blush

I have 2 stashbuster afghans going, one knit and one crocheted that I just pick up whenever. The crocheted afghan is about a third done, the knitted one has barely any work on it yet. These are done whenever I'm not focused on a "real" project.

I so don't want to be moving this much yarn across 2 states! I've read several pages at the beginning and end of this thread and I think I got it. I love the idea of making it a game :)

Of course you can join! Welcome!

Guess what everyone??? I didn't fall off the face of the planet!!!!!!!!!!

Just haven't used up any yarn lately. Been way too hot here to crochet. At least until Harry decided to start watching movies in our bedroom. It's the coolest room in the house. So I sit in there and crochet as we watch movies.

Maybe I'll make some progress this month.

You know me better than that. I just throw yarn in your shopping cart then make you pay for it! :rofl

Okay, I've got lots of errands tomorrow and doubt I'll be able to change my score, so here's my weekly tally:

WTD: +19

YTD: +22

Have a great weekend everyone!:sun

You know me better than that. I just throw yarn in your shopping cart then make you pay for it! :rofl

Ha Ha Ha you are too funny :rofl But it is true. Go yarn shopping with Sue and she walks out with a little bag of stuff and you walk out with 2 giant bags of yarn. Still can't figure this one out. lol

WTD +6

Go yarn shopping with Sue and she walks out with a little bag of stuff and you walk out with 2 giant bags of yarn. Still can't figure this one out. lol

Too funny!:rofl:rofl:rofl It's a good thing I'm not in Florida then! :shop

Hi Everyone.

Posting Early because it's the National Night Out. Our town is having a block party downtown, so that's where I will be tonight.

WTD=+2:manyheart

A good week for me -- used 2 skeins of LB Homespun for a Moebius cowl (Is it my imagination, or are these skeins smaller than they used to be?) and finished off the last two skeins of Naturally Caron Spa on the baby items for my grandson who's due in November.

WTD +8

YTD +64

Archived