2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

I am sooo proud of myself!! I was in Joann's today and didn't buy ANYTHING! no yarn!! nothing!!

Do I get a gold star on my calendar??? :rofl

I would want to see the look on the faces of the Joann's employees when you didn't buy anything! :rofl

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been here in a week. I used a ball (+1) :clap. I started snowflakes for my sister. It's been so long since I've worked with thread, but I'm getting the hang of it again. It seems like a small skein, but it goes on and on and on.... :lol. My hours at work changed because school is out, so I have more time to :crocheting. Of course less hours means less money :angry. I hope I have enough thread to finish 15 snowflakes.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 81

Ellie 13

I'm teetering...I just finished a top, but didn't use up a skein, and I just got a $100 gift certificate for our local yarn shop...NOOOOOOOOO!!! :lol :lol :lol

Finished another tote and turned 2 skeins into balls: +2. One of my volunteers is cleaning out his mother's house and she has a CLOSET full of yarn. Guess who he's giving it to??? I just might be in trouble! :lol

This past week has been up one skein, down one skein, up one skein, down one skein. I feel like I'm riding the Yarn RollerCoaster. :rofl

Sue, if you need any help sorting thru your new stash, give me a call. I'ld be more than willing to sneak, um, sort the yarn. :lol

Finished another tote and turned 2 skeins into balls: +2. One of my volunteers is cleaning out his mother's house and she has a CLOSET full of yarn. Guess who he's giving it to??? I just might be in trouble! :lol

:yay for more yarn!!! Maybe it will be a good week for the rest of us to go yarn shopping!!! :lol

Sue, if you need any help sorting thru your new stash, give me a call. I'ld be more than willing to sneak, um, sort the yarn. :lol

:rofl Me too!!!

Michael's had Bamboo yarn on sale today! Left there 15 skeins richer. Then I went to Hobby Lobby and bought two balls of crochet thread. :blush

Hoping to get some :crocheting done tonight, but for now my wtd total is -36

Posting Early. Will be gone all day tomorrow at the Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Fair in Grayslake Illinois. Should be fun.

WTD=+10 YTD=+7

:manyheart

Yes, I will need help! :) And I might sneak some into your car. :lol

Yes, I will need help! :) And I might sneak some into your car. :lol

Just say when. The trunk is always empty til I am around you. :rofl

WTD score +2

Last night, my son's girlfriend got to see where I store 99% of my stash. :eek She says we need to go to Ikea and find a better storage system. I said that I don't need to buy any more stash. ;)

Putting in my totals, so I don't forget...

There have been yarn transgressions this week... :blush :blush :blush

I took my gift certificate to our LYS and managed to get 11 skeins of Ella Rae Superwash for my afghan project, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD -22 YTD -31

The SHAME... :blush :blush :blush

But I'd do it again... :devil :devil :devil

I went to yard sales this morning and came home with 6 full skeins of yarn and 7 partial skeins. I don't expect to get much :crocheting done today so my totals are as follows:

For week ending 6/25/2011

WTD = -55 YTD = -212

I found 3 balls of :yarn (-3) and an afghan with squares unraveling, coming apart and no border by my door. The note said I could recycle the :yarn. I fixed the squares and started a border. I used the 3 balls and 2 small balls from my stash :cheer (+5). When I'm finished, I'm going to find out who left it and give it back (or give it to project Linus). That'll add + 2 to my score :clap.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 83

Ellie 13

I found 3 balls of :yarn (-3) and an afghan with squares unraveling, coming apart and no border by my door. The note said I could recycle the :yarn. I fixed the squares and started a border. I used the 3 balls and 2 small balls from my stash :cheer (+5). When I'm finished, I'm going to find out who left it and give it back (or give it to project Linus). That'll add + 2 to my score :clap.

WTD: + 3 YTD: + 83

Ellie 13

That's weird that someone left this by your door. No note or anything? But you were kind and repaired it and added a border. Someone knew you would be kind to the afghan.:manyheart

ok almost clean slate :lol

Bought 3 skeins (on sale!!!) -6, but I've used up +5 for a total right now of -1!!

Shoot can't remember what was allin the +5..so I can only go with what I know for sure..,

finished another tote so that gave me +4 (teal), partial on another tote for +2 (red/burgandy)

So my WTD is: +5 YTD: -218

Used one and bought one. WTD: 0; YTD: -768

Same here this week, but my YTD isn't anything like yours! :lol

WTD 0, YTD +50

Sorry I'm running late everyone! Here's my score for the week and I'm off to do the totals!

WTD +1

YTD -212

Here we go!

TurtleLvr +16 ~ Gold Medal!

CLLinda +10 ~ Silver Medal!

Dragonpuck +7 ~ Bronze Medal!

Greyhoundgrandma +6

fc1123 +5

FrLopLady +5

Ellie 13 +3

Walker1021 +2

BigPinkPolkaDot +1