2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Hey Sue ~

Red Robin sounds pretty yummy. And thanks for leaving something for me to buy in the yarn aisle. Still not sure what will be leaping into the basket. I'm sure you'll be able to help me figure out something. You always do. :sofunny

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok now I know I can buy at least 12.... :rofl

aww I am jealous.. I know my mom would have loved to go yarn shopping, but she is no longer here. Wonder what one would crochet/knit/sew in Heaven? :lol She always loved to do all 3

Cherish the time!!

Yeah, but Sunday is in another week. :(

One time we'll invite her to come with us. She'd love that. I'll share my Mom with you. :)

Hey Sue ~

Red Robin sounds pretty yummy. And thanks for leaving something for me to buy in the yarn aisle. Still not sure what will be leaping into the basket. I'm sure you'll be able to help me figure out something. You always do. :sofunny

RR it is! I'll help you find some yarn to buy, or just throw it in your cart. :lol

:turtle:vheart

I used all but a yard or so of a ball. I'll count it as used and add the rest to my wonder ball (+1). I got all 20 turtles done :clap and started on butterflies again. I might get more used this week. The library is closed on Sundays from the end of May til school starts in Sept. (after Labor Day :think). I'll have to post on Sat. or earlier for the summer.

WTD: + 1 YTD: + 77

Ellie 13

I think this is the last of the yarn from the cleaning out of my sister's house, -72. No crocheting time so far this week, maybe this weekend.

WHEW! I thought I was shooting the moon, but you saved me! :lol

Started working on a purse tonight. Want to get it done before Sue and I go shopping on Sunday. Maybe she will help me figure out how to line it and put in a zipper. Or should I add a button?? decisions, decisions :think:think

Started working on a purse tonight. Want to get it done before Sue and I go shopping on Sunday. Maybe she will help me figure out how to line it and put in a zipper. Or should I add a button?? decisions, decisions :think:think

You do realize I've never lined a crocheted bag...right? :lol

You do realize I've never lined a crocheted bag...right? :lol

Sure do, but figure with our two little pea brains we can figure something out.:devil

Finished another tote. +3! :)

Sure do, but figure with our two little pea brains we can figure something out.:devil

Speak for yourself! I don't like peas. :lol

Okay, I'm putting in my totals now, so I don't forget!

This week, I made a bit more headway with the stash. I'm almost out of the negatives for the YTD total...

Stashbuster Total: WTD +4 YTD -5

:c9:cheer:manyheart

I'm posting early for the weekend. It should be a busy weekend around here.

My son is graduating High school on Saturday! It's bittersweet. No one will be in High school any more. Now, trying to pay for college for two kids is another story.....

WTD=+17 YTD=+3

By the way, it is the end of the month, so I will be posting the scores after church for the YTD scores on Sunday.

Good luck, everyone!

:manyheart

Worked some on the coasters for the Felted Coaster Class and also worked on my no brainer project - the little granny square afghan. Hope to work on the afghan some more tonight, so I'll hold off on posting my score til tomorrow morning. Here's to a great day for everone!! :hug

I won't have my score until I get home tomorrow night (Sunday). It won't be pretty either... there was a Hobby Lobby on the way to the show in Montana :rofl

I don't know how much I bought and won't know until I get home. But I think I'm reaching for the moon or at least real close to it!!

Up until today, I was rocking :2rock a zero for the week. :angel

I'd managed to completely ignore :grump the clearance yarn at work. :tryme

But then, today, it got me! :lookout

All the clearance yarn went down to .99 a skein! :faint

So really, what's a girl to do?

:shop:devil

WTD: -60; YTD: -736

:cheer:clap:cheerI'm up super early on a Sunday, so I decided to post both the Weekly and Year to date scores for Stashbusting. Scores are supposed to be in by Midnight, central time so I guess I can post these scores now.

WTD scores for 5/28/11

CLLinda +17 Gold Medal Winner:cheer:cheer:cheer

FrLopLady +7 Silver Medal Winner :cheer:clap:cheer

PBLKNP +4 Bronze Medal Winner :cheer:cheer:cheer

Using Up Yarn:clap:clap:clap

fc1123 +3

cshort +3

Ellie 13 +1

Holding Steady:cheer:cheer:cheer

BigPinkPolkaDot 0

pineknott 0

Buying new yarn to play in:cheer:clap:cheer

cris -4

TurtleLvr -16

yarn geek -60

And the Shoot the Moon Winner is :greyhoundgrandma with a score of -72!

:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:manyheart:cheer:clap

Congratulations, everyone!

:clapNow for the YTD Scores.

Pineknott +101 Gold Medal Winner!:cheer:cheer:cheer

Ellie 13 +77 Silver Medal Winner!:cheer:clap:cheer

cshort +34 Bronze Medal Winner!:cheer:cheer:cheer

In the Positives!

CLLinda +3

Getting new yarn to play in!

fc1123 -1

PBLKNP -5

TurtleLvr -9

BigPinkPolkaDot -14

cris -27

walker1021 -147

greyhoundgrandma -481

And the year to date winner of the Shoot the Moon award goes to : yarn geek with a score of -736!:manyheart:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:clap:cheer:cheer:clap

Congratulations, everyone!

Now I hope I haven't forgotten anyone. It's been a good week of stashbusting.

:manyheart

Archived