2011 Stashbusting CAL

CLLinda

Sorry, CLLinda, but that may not be enough to earn "Shoot the Moon" for your birthday. As my Valentine's present, my dh is getting me 5 pounds of mill end yarn. It will probably be 15 skeins, but we won't know until it gets here. Isn't he the BEST!!!:c9:manyheart:yarn:yarn:yarn:devil

You are sure lucky! My DH wouldn't ever buy me yarn!

:manyheart

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, CLLinda, but that may not be enough to earn "Shoot the Moon" for your birthday. As my Valentine's present, my dh is getting me 5 pounds of mill end yarn. It will probably be 15 skeins, but we won't know until it gets here. Isn't he the BEST!!!:c9:manyheart:yarn:yarn:yarn:devil

How thoughtful! :c9

I'm in the hole for one skein, now that my WomenHeart Scarf kit just came in...

Finally seeing pluses this week. +13 after finishing my simple shades afghan kit. I had some yarn left over--hopefully enough for a pillow. I've just got to figure out the stripe sequence since there's not a lot of white left.

post-43634-135897626745_thumb.jpg

Hi! I think I'll give this a try. I don't have time to read 19 pages of posts so if I ask a question that has already been posted, sorry about that.

Welcome aboard Midds! :hug

Finally seeing pluses this week. +13 after finishing my simple shades afghan kit. I had some yarn left over--hopefully enough for a pillow. I've just got to figure out the stripe sequence since there's not a lot of white left.

Nice work!

very pretty!!!!

well.. I used part of a skein and rolled into a ball so +1 for me....:cheer

However:lol I am working on making afghans for a homeless outreach through our church in November or December of this year,.. well... a gal from Bible study gave me 14 skeins of yarn that makes -28.... oh. I was so happy with my + score so far this year. Now here I am off to the negatives again!!!!:angry it's for a good cause though.:hug

Thank you!!! and yes it will. Glad to hear of your positive score for today!!!!!:cheer

Diane, you are doing good work, and the yarn that was given to you will be used quickly.

I get to report a change in my score!!!! I finished a skein on the wrap today. +2!

:yay:yay:yay Almost done with the never ending baby blanket :yay:yay:yay

Only 1 1/2 more go arounds to finish the border. Hopefully I can finish it tonight after I get home from Zumba. Then tie in the dreaded ends and it will be all ready for the baby shower on Saturday. I'll make sure to post pics before it goes to it's new home. Thanks for everyone who encouraged me to do one row at a time.

I love making afghans, but this one kicked my butt!!! :kick

Sorry I was AWOL last week. I will be AWOL next week, too. Using up some use it or loose it vacation time.

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1 / YTD: +4

I have a bag of 4 balls of this multicolored yarn. I was a bit tired of my charity blanket, so I used one of the balls plus some from another for this 8" square.

post-19794-135897626872_thumb.jpg

I will use another ball or two on the next round of the charity blanket. Maybe will even get a yo-yo or two done. I sent off a big bag that I collected for over a year, so I've got to start over.

-Marzee

2011 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: +4

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Dishcloths of 2011 CAL

Well, my stashbusting went really well for the first month and a half. But a friend is expecting a baby girl in May and I just couldn't resist making a baby afghan. So I had to purchase 6 skeins of yarn yesterday, but it will be sooooooo worth it when my friend sees the afghan, she loves handmade gifts:manyheart. I wonder how much of that yarn I can bust through tonight and tomorrow.:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting

Well, my stashbusting went really well for the first month and a half. But a friend is expecting a baby girl in May and I just couldn't resist making a baby afghan. So I had to purchase 6 skeins of yarn yesterday, but it will be sooooooo worth it when my friend sees the afghan, she loves handmade gifts:manyheart. I wonder how much of that yarn I can bust through tonight and tomorrow.:crocheting:crocheting:crocheting

Well, it's for a good cause! :c9

It doesn't look as though I am going to get through a whole skein before tomorrow night....and so I don't forget...I will post my score now.

last weeks (which I forgot to post) is

WTD +20 YTD +75

This week's for the week ending Feb 12th

WTD +2 YTD +77

I have been extremely busy this week with the blankets for Project Linus. Alot of measuring, logging, thank you letters and tying them up all nice and pretty.

Archived