A Green Christmas - 18" Doll

darski

A Green Christmas 18” doll :pinterest

post-4896-135897599104_thumb.jpg

With 5.5mm hook and Bernat Happy Holidays green glitter yarn

Ch 20..

Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, *ch 3,sk1, sc in next* rep to end.

Row 2: sc in sc, 5 dc in every ch 3 loop, sc in sc. (45 dc, 2 sc)

Row 3: sc in sc, work [dc in 2, 2dc in next, dc in 2] over each 5dc group, sc in sc

Row 4: dc in every sc and dc. (56 dc)

Row 5: dc in 7, sk 13, dc in 16, sk 13, dc in 7. (30 dc)

Row 6: hdc in 3 dc in 4, dc into armhole, dc in 4, hdc in 8, dc in 4, dc into armhole, dc in 4, hdc in 3. (14 hdc, 18 dc)

Row 7: dc in 1, [2dc in next, dc in 2] 5 times, dc in 1, [2dc in next, dc in 2] 5 times . (42dc)

Row 8: dc evenly across. Join. Join all rounds from here

Row 9: ch 4, tr in same st, [dc in 2, 2dc in next] 5 times, dc in 5, [2dc in next, dc in 2]5 times, work 2 tr over join, (4 tr, 53dc)

Row 10: ch 4, tr in same st, dc evenly to last st, 2tr in last st.

Row 11: 2 tr in 1st, tr in next 4, dc to last 5 sts, tr in 4, 2 tr in last.

Row 12: 2 dc in 1st, dc evenly to last st, 2 dc in last.

Row 13: rep row 12 but work in back loops only. Note: it’s a good idea to mark this row and row 15 so you can find them again when doing the trim.

Row 14: 2 dc in 1st, dc evenly to last st, 2 dc in last.

Row 15: rep row 12 but work in back loops only.

Row16: 2 dc in 1st, *dc in 4, 2dc in next* rep to last 3 sts, dc in 2, 2 dc in last.

Row 17-18: 2 dc in 1st, dc evenly to last, 2 dc in last.

Row 19: 2dc in 1st, *dc in 2, 3 dc in next* rep to last 3 sts, dc in 2, 2dc in last.. Break off and tidy all ends.

Back edging…

Work a row of sc along back edges. Work in button loops on the right edge as you go.

I used the rather large buttons because they looked like ornaments on the back… ok my bad. J

Trim rows.

post-4896-135897599107_thumb.jpg

Att white yarn in the remaining loop from row 13.

Work [ch 4/ sk 1, slst in next] around.

Att white yarn in the remaining loop from row 15.

Work [ch 5/ sk 1, slst in next] around.

Att white yarn at row 19 base and work surface crochet along the row

Surface crochet how to:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4853950_crochet-letters-onto-blanket.html

Att white yarn bet rows 3-4. use a FPsc technique to work a row of [ch 4/ sk 1, sl st in next ] around.

Att white yarn bet rows 4-5. use a FPsc technique across the bodice parts and regular crochet over the sleeves to work a row of [ch 5/ , sl st in next ] around.

The necklace is the same style I have used in other pics to hide the neck seam – which I don’t much like.

This dress looks better in person. it did not photograph well. :wlol

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2010

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897599101_thumb.jpg

I think it is adoreable and I will probably make it after Christmas as everything has fallen apart in my life right now and I have not time to myself.....welcome to family and the holidaysLOL

:hug I will pray for you.:hug

Working on this right now, while DD watches Cake Boss.

I was thinking of you and your project while I was making this one. :wlol

Mine has been sent off to a Ygroup Christmas gifting.

• 1 year later...
Love this dress! Have made it for three granddaughters so far and they all love it too.

You are very kind. This dress does seem to go over well with big and little girls.

Oh.. and :welcome to the Ville. :hug

• 5 years later...
  • Donna changed the title to A Green Christmas - 18" Doll

Archived