My first creations

NurseFrawg

:frog Here are some pictures of my first crochet creations. The olive green one was my first. It was supposed to be double crochets but as you can tell from the up close picture it isn't. I dont know exactly what stitch it was but loved it. It is made from some sort of wool I purchased for a dollar a skien at a thrift shop :D . The blue and yellow one is my second attempt at crocheting, but my first attempt at changing colors. I wish I would have written down what stitches I used. Alas I have no clue what stitches are used, but they are basic ones. The red, white, and blue one is done with single and double stitches. Instead of crocheting the width I did the length. I was very pleased with this one. My absolute favorite is the last one that I completed. It was done with brand new store bought yarn (Caron Simply Soft in Lime Light, Lemonade, and Berry Blue with LB fun fur in Citrus).

DSC04405.jpg

DSC04411.jpg

Sorry about the pictures all being sideways...

Elizabeth

They are Terrific !! I love the stitching on the first one.. I looks great!! But all are beautiful.

I dont have a pattern for any of them... I was making it up as I went. Well, except the one with the fun fur .... they are supposed to be random width stripes. Well I dont do random very well. (It was a great project to work on changing colors, weaving in ends, and several basic stitches.) Anywho, I looked very very closely at the olive scarf then went to a very trusty crochet book that I highly recommend to beginners Crochet School: A complete course. Nice pictures with great hip colors. Okay back to the olive scarf. The wrapped or column stitch is sort of like a treble crochet except that you work all of the loops off the hook at once instead of in pairs. The book cautions that it takes up extra yarn.... But my scarf is nice and thick while laying nicely because I have the holes in it.

I think :think this is the "pattern"

Foundation chain: Ch 45

Foundation chain: with a row of slip stitches across (Ummm this is where it gets a little odd because I didnt quite understand the idea of turning chains. So it has this funky angle to it.)

Row 1: Column stitch or wrapped stitch, ch 2, skip two stitches, column stitch or wrapped stitch, repeat across.

Row 2: Slip stitch across

Repeat row 1 and row 2 until you have the length you wish.

Ummm I wouldnt swear in a court that this is the pattern. Mostly cause I didnt know what I was doing at the time. I have learned to at least write something down so when people see something that I have made and say "Hey I want one too" I will have a clue where to start.

I have included two super close up pictures. The first is the front or right side the second is the wrong side. I thought that would at least help a bit more than my really bad "pattern".

DSC04418.jpgDSC04419.jpg

Archived