Ugly Blanket Cal

x3melissa3705

Would anyone be intrested!!?? I seen this in a different cal but it has died off and I figured I start a new cal for "ugly blankets" or whatever blanket you want. It's so easy. I've seen it called 3 SUB or ugly blanket. All you do is pick three random colors crochet your width and crochet away and the stitch of your choice. & Change the colors of course. Great for scraps. I am switching one the the colors at the end of every row. Sometimes two colors but usually just one. I would love the see the amazing colors we could all come up with. It's like a personal rainbow! Plus it's totally mindless if you choose an easy enough stitch. I just did double crochet.

post-33123-135897585952_thumb.jpg

post-33123-135897585957_thumb.jpg

post-33123-13589758596_thumb.jpg

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to do this because your blanket is beautiful, but I don't have enough scraps. Maybe one day though!

I not even useing scraps. I'm just grabing random colors. lol I love the look, I didn't want it to look planned out.

i thought this was going to be just a whatever you want type blanket cal!!

You can do whatever you want!! You know you want to :lol

I've already started and I'm loving it :). I've done mine with the first row being dc and then every row after that until the last row is going to be sc,dc,sc,dc and then the last row will be another row of dc. It's so bubbly!

I would love to join cause I started a blanket for my dh. I started in rows but knew it would be to heavy on my hands. So I started making squares and am gonna sew it together. And also I started it in fall colors but ran out so now I am having to just use what I have. Is that ok.

I would love to join cause I started a blanket for my dh. I started in rows but knew it would be to heavy on my hands. So I started making squares and am gonna sew it together. And also I started it in fall colors but ran out so now I am having to just use what I have. Is that ok.

sounds intresting. my apartments always cold as dh like it chilly so the blanket just lays on my lap. lol cant wait to see pictures!

Would anyone be intrested!!?? I seen this in a different cal but it has died off and I figured I start a new cal for "ugly blankets" or whatever blanket you want. It's so easy. I've seen it called 3 SUB or ugly blanket. All you do is pick three random colors crochet your width and crochet away and the stitch of your choice. & Change the colors of course. Great for scraps. I am switching one the the colors at the end of every row. Sometimes two colors but usually just one. I would love the see the amazing colors we could all come up with. It's like a personal rainbow! Plus it's totally mindless if you choose an easy enough stitch. I just did double crochet.

Um, I don't see an ugly blanket here...honestly! :crocheting

What hook are you using? I can see this working well for scarves and bags too....

WTG, ladies! I made one for my dog some years back...the big hook can be a bear to use, but it does work up fast.:yes

:cheerGo, ladies, Go:cheer

Um, I don't see an ugly blanket here...honestly! :crocheting

What hook are you using? I can see this working well for scarves and bags too....

I'm useing a Q & that's a great idea as well. It works up so fast!!

WTG, ladies! I made one for my dog some years back...the big hook can be a bear to use, but it does work up fast.:yes

:cheerGo, ladies, Go:cheer

=-]

Why, oh why, must you tempt me?!?! I'm already working on three afghans (the Bernant Myster CAL, a scrap granny strip and a flannelghan to match my livingroom). This is really a great idea though!! :D

Because it's loads of fun and you know you wanna :hook:devil

I will join you if I can knit...I have some Homespun which I hate to work with in crochet and needed to get it out of my stash. Homespun is much easier to knit and it gives me a break form my many crochet WIP. It was intended as a lap throw but my cat sure loves it.....

I will join you if I can knit...I have some Homespun which I hate to work with in crochet and needed to get it out of my stash. Homespun is much easier to knit and it gives me a break form my many crochet WIP. It was intended as a lap throw but my cat sure loves it.....

Sure you can knit! I personally can't knit. It's way beyond my skills lol I always just throw the needles. But I love the way kniting looks so I'm excited to see what you make!:cheer

All the pics I saw are looking great :yes I've seen these before and soo want to make one, but am putting it off until after the holidays since I already have too much on my plate to finish by xmas :blush However, I will keep checking in to see y'all progress :yes

I decided to make what I consider an ugly blanket. :hook I am using up my homespun to make a cozy winter blanket. All I had left was odds and ends of hepplewhite, sierra, prairie, and berrington. :yarn They really do not match and that is why I call it an ugly blanket. I am only using one strand though since it is homespun and I have a limited amount. :cheer :cheer :cheer I have finished 8 rows so far tonight. :crocheting

Everyone's ugly blanket photos look great, I really like the color combos. :clap

I decided to make what I consider an ugly blanket. :hook I am using up my homespun to make a cozy winter blanket. All I had left was odds and ends of hepplewhite, sierra, prairie, and berrington. :yarn They really do not match and that is why I call it an ugly blanket. I am only using one strand though since it is homespun and I have a limited amount. :cheer :cheer :cheer I have finished 8 rows so far tonight. :crocheting

Everyone's ugly blanket photos look great, I really like the color combos. :clap

yay! Glad you see you join and I can't wait to see pictures!:cheer

Archived