Ugly Blanket Cal

x3melissa3705

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm making a 2 strand ugly RR:lol Well, maybe not so ugly, since I'm using muted Christmas colors and there is a half baked plan in my head for arranging them... so it won;t really be that random...beauty is in the eye of the beholder in this case, though:D

Hmmm - I have a couple of 2SUBs that I've done in the past....But yours are sooo much prettier than mine ever came out. Maybe does the 3SUB make it look better?

I like the things I've seen done with two strands, particularly if one of the strands is varigated, but add a third color to the mix and things get even more crazy fun. This is a neat idea and while I'm not sure I have the time to fool with it right now, I plan to explore this next year for sure.

Hmmm - I have a couple of 2SUBs that I've done in the past....But yours are sooo much prettier than mine ever came out. Maybe does the 3SUB make it look better?

I think it does. I am loving mine more and more and it's all the crazy colors I have and I'm a big fan of color so it's suits my personality perfectly. It's totally a me blanket. lol

I have been working on my ugly blanket with one strand of different, non-matching homespun colors.

Here is what I have so far.

I like that!:cheer

Everyone's blankets look great. Not ugly at all. I started mine last night. :hook No real plan, at all. Just COLOR!! :artist Oh, and I liked Melissa's idea to change one strand of color each row. I think I made mine a leeeeetle bit too wide, though. :eek It's almost as long as our couch.

post-20-13589758788_thumb.jpg

post-20-135897587883_thumb.jpg

Everyone's blankets look great. Not ugly at all. I started mine last night. :hook No real plan, at all. Just COLOR!! :artist Oh, and I liked Melissa's idea to change one strand of color each row. I think I made mine a leeeeetle bit too wide, though. :eek It's almost as long as our couch.

Looking good!! yay i'm all excited now!! Mine is big too :blush lol so it's all good. :lol and I totally agree with COLOR!! :hook

Lookes great!! I kinda looks like your useing multiple strands :lol:cheer

Thank you! :) You're right, it actually does.....sometimes it looks like I changed colors in the middle of a row, but the homespun is just so weird like that with some of their colors. ;):yes

I like that!:cheer

Thank you Judy! :manyheart

That looks great....I love the colors. :cheer

I may have to make a double strander one after my homespun one. :yes I like that they work up quickly. :yes

Very nice start :yes I like your colors soo far and it is long :eek You can always switch and make it vertical stripes if you feel it's too big :idea Or you can just make a huge one and it'll be that much more comfy :yes

Tab - I love those colors so far and the pattern your working up with it :manyheart

You didn't make it too wide...you're just being creative & working "lengthwise"! :wink

After doing this and going back to my H hook, it seems so tiny. :lol This is addictive and fun. :hook

I get the same feeling...using my J hook:lol

You didn't make it too wide...you're just being creative & working "lengthwise"! :wink

I did that when I made a straight ripple...still looks great done lengthwise:lol

I've got a whole bin of odds and ends that need to be used up, but I think I'll probably wait until the new year to start it. I've got a ton of Christmas things to make yet. :D

I've added about 8 more rows to mine. I've decided (since I made a little too small) I'm going to make it a lapghan for my mom so she can keep warmer in her chair. Here's the new pics, sorry about the quality but the lighting is really bad.

post-38400-135897588533_thumb.jpg

post-38400-135897588536_thumb.jpg

I was thinking that, too. If I get overwhelmed/sick of it.. :P My kids are acting like this is the coolest thing I've ever made. :lol My 18 yr old said "Who are you making that for?" ("Me?"...) :think The 8 yr old tried to cover up with it. Then laid on it to see how big it was. It's two of him wide. :lol With about an inch to spare, even. :P

Very nice start :yes I like your colors soo far and it is long :eek You can always switch and make it vertical stripes if you feel it's too big :idea Or you can just make a huge one and it'll be that much more comfy :yes

Tab - I love those colors so far and the pattern your working up with it :manyheart

I've added about 8 more rows to mine. I've decided (since I made a little too small) I'm going to make it a lapghan for my mom so she can keep warmer in her chair. Here's the new pics, sorry about the quality but the lighting is really bad.

It's looking great!! I haven't worked on mine still.. lol I want to so bad though. Maybe I will later tonight, if not deff tomorrow!!!

OK - I'm almost finished with a 70th birthday gift afghan. After that, I'm going to start a 3SUB. I already have a 2SUB almost half finished, but I figure with some creative frogging I can make it a 3SUB pretty easily. At least I hope it's easy...

Archived