Ugly Blanket Cal

x3melissa3705

Updated picture of mine.. Am I driving everyone nuts yet? :blush It's only 32 inches wide so far. :sigh Feels so much bigger. It's getting super heavy to move around. (It's warm, though. :D)

post-20-135897591251_thumb.jpg

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

such pretty afghans. i have a 2sub in the works already but had to put it aside because i ran out of scraps to use. so, currently, i have SEVERAL scrappies going on to try and build up my scraps supplies. and trying to finish 2 comfortghans that i've been working on for what seems forever.

when i can get caught back up to start back again, I'll post a pict or 2 to show it off.

Oh, i did cheat last yr and did a 2strand using only black and white as a bday present for a friend. he loved it and used it w/ the extra cold winter that we had.

they so nice and cushy.

Sandy

Forgot my camera this morning....was going to share pics - mine is about 5ft long now! I'm loving this blanket so much! It'll officially be our "patio blanket" because I won't mind bringing an afghan outside since it's made of scaps!!! :lol My husband - who could generally care less what my current project is - even likes this one!

Forgot my camera this morning....was going to share pics - mine is about 5ft long now! I'm loving this blanket so much! It'll officially be our "patio blanket" because I won't mind bringing an afghan outside since it's made of scaps!!! :lol My husband - who could generally care less what my current project is - even likes this one!

mines gonna be my "me" blanket since i have so many projects for other people right now

Wow, it looks great!! Can you just crochet over all the ends (or some of them) when you do the border? Looks great. :)

quote=PAndrus;2170130]Here is the latest and greatest - Working on the border now.....and then to weave in all those ends :eek

Wow, it looks great!! Can you just crochet over all the ends (or some of them) when you do the border? Looks great. :)

quote=PAndrus;2170130]Here is the latest and greatest - Working on the border now.....and then to weave in all those ends :eek

I probably could, but I'm so picky about ends since I've had a few pull out some (maybe I just didn't do it right? :think) ....and I know this one is going to get a lot of use.

Here is the latest and greatest - Working on the border now.....and then to weave in all those ends :eek

That turned out great!! Can't wait to see it with a border

I just made two of these type of blankets but I don't consider them ugly LOL. It was so nice to get ride of the older thread I had, much of it was given to me by a friend and might have been as old as I am.

lol I don't consider them ugly either but it's just a fun name for the Cal

when I have lots of ends to deal with I crochet over 1/2 the length, going back with a tapestry needle to weave in the rest - by going back in the opposite direction...up and down...whatever works. It seems to lock them in really well that way.

Being mine is a 2 strand RR, it's not what all the rest of you are doing, but here's my Christmas RR in subdued colors. It's laying on a Queen bed.

post-8552-135897592064_thumb.jpg

Judy it looks so nice!!

Being mine is a 2 strand RR, it's not what all the rest of you are doing, but here's my Christmas RR in subdued colors. It's laying on a Queen bed.

That is going to be really nice, too.

This is a blanket for my dh. I started out with stripes,but I thought it would be to heavy. I started making squares and adding to it. I am just using colors I have. It will be king size when it is done.

Thanks, Tina!

Country mom....that looks great....and if you check out my blog ....earlier this year I did the same thing and have a huge "amish" quilt for my king bed. Hubby calls it that. Put on top of regular blankies it's sooooo warm! It also helped put a little dent in my stash:lol

Archived