October Charity CAL 10/14 - 10/19

nicolep

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Denise, cocoons are basically a hat made bigger :lol I'm half way done with the third one and not sure I'll get it finished by the end of tonight, but will take picture of it anyway. This one is shell's and popcorns, one set is ripple and the third set is just a simple cocoon with a butterfly in the center at the top and a cloche with a flower hat to go with it. Tomorrow I'll have photos.

I cannot stand to make another chrysanthemum dishcloth right now. So, I'm working on a different kind for the same event. I'm making four dishcloths/washcloths to tie in a bundle. I'll post pictures of all of the dishcloths tomorrow. I hope to get two more done tonight first.

hi, everyone!

I have to stop in quick...

I finished 10 preemie hats this weekend. They were fun, and I wished that I had more time to devote this month. I think I would like to keep making them towards next month's weekend:yes

:cheer:cheer:cheergreat job to everyone!

I cannot stand to make another chrysanthemum dishcloth right now. So, I'm working on a different kind for the same event. I'm making four dishcloths/washcloths to tie in a bundle. I'll post pictures of all of the dishcloths tomorrow. I hope to get two more done tonight first.

What event are you making the dishcloths for?

What event are you making the dishcloths for?

A silent auction that my mom is having at work. One set is a dishcloth bouquet. The set are just four dishcloths I'm going to tie in a bundle with ribbon. It's something inexpensive that someone without a lot of money can bid on (hopefully).

Yesterday I had jury duty, and was exhausted by the time I got home and didn't finish my 2nd cat mat, but I will tonight, so I'll include it in my total. But I did get 8 toys done while I was in the jury pool room.

So:

2 Cat Mats, 8 Cat Toys

I will try to post a picture tonight!

Two cocoons with matching hat and third cocoon complete, hat to be done tonight. Not a great light for photo taking and need to really have a model :lol Then, see how many hats alone I can get done before our challenge ends on the 31st!!

The popcorn and shells cocoon has like a collar on it. Want to do one in blue with white collar and take some blue variegated and do a bowtie for it. Still working how I'm going to do the bowtie in my head. :think

post-25113-13589758714_thumb.jpg

post-25113-135897587035_thumb.jpg

post-25113-135897587049_thumb.jpg

Two cocoons with matching hat and third cocoon complete, hat to be done tonight. Not a great light for photo taking and need to really have a model :lol Then, see how many hats alone I can get done before our challenge ends on the 31st!!

The popcorn and shells cocoon has like a collar on it. Want to do one in blue with white collar and take some blue variegated and do a bowtie for it. Still working how I'm going to do the bowtie in my head. :think

[ATTACH]29123[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]29122[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]29129[/ATTACH]

Those look soooo comfy! Great job!

Thanks for posting your totals and all of the hard work the last several days everyone!!! I'll tally everything up and post totals sometime tomorrow. I'm looking forward to next month. Maybe I'll be a little more focused and get more done then.

My meager contribution this month -

4 Dishcloths

Toni - those cocoons are so precious. Are any of those patterns for beginners??

Although I think I could show the same two cat mats every month and nobody would notice - here you go anyway. This was before I finished #2. The toys are the ones I made while in the jury pool. During the FIVE HOURS of jury selection, we couldn't text, read, crochet, nothing. It was excruciating for me because I just can't sit still.

post-13802-135897587611_thumb.jpg

Here is one of my current foster babies. This is how he sleeps! I woke him when I took the picture.

post-13802-135897587622_thumb.jpg

Toni - those cocoons are so precious. Are any of those patterns for beginners??

Here's a link to the butterfly one. It's very simple to do. http://crochetingmemories.blogspot.com/2010/02/on-wings-of-butterfly-baby-cocoon.html

Thanks everyone. These were fun to do. See you next month.

:cheer Charity CAL totals for October :cheer

28 Preemie Hats

1 Baby Blanket

35 Saltines

1 Afghan

14 Rectangles (6X9)

6" added to Round Ripple

2 Cat Mats

8 Cat Toys

3 Baby Cocoons

4 Dishcloths

Good work again everyone! :clap