October Charity CAL 10/14 - 10/19

nicolep

:cheer Come one, come all to the October 2010 Charity Weekend!!!!! :cheer

For new comers -

Anything handmade (crochet, knit, sew...whatever you like to do) counts towards the charity CAL. A group of us get together once a month and dedicate six days to charity. We chat about what we're making and lots of other non-craft things that pop up. At the end of the event, we post our totals in big, bold letter so we can all congratulate our hard work.

I'd love for everyone to join. :hook

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just sitting here wondering about this month's weekend, and here's the thread!:cheer:cheer

I will be in, hopefully doing some rectangles for Warm Up America. If the yarn doesn't come, I will need to come up with something else.

see you all on Thursday!

:manyheart

I really need to join you this month. I'm way behind on my 6 x 9 rectangles for the year. Have been doing a little knitting for a change but all big projects for Christmas. The 6 x 9's for HAP are a nice grab and go project. See you soon.

I'm in. I will be working on preemie hats. I have a rough draft for a paper due next Wednesday so I probably won't get too many done but each one counts. Can't wait to get started.

if i can get gran's ghan done my friday...count me in to work on the baby blanket...

I have already started my Lapghan for Soldier's Angels. I will be working on it for this month's charity weekend.

Hi, ladies! :hi Welcome!!! :yay

Hello, I am in and will be working on items for the animal shelter. Actually, we have a huge adoption event this weekend and I am volunteering there all day Saturday, but I have the rest of the weekend to get something done!

Good to see everyone! Thanks for joining Allyson!

Welcome Allyson and Denise! I'm all ready to get started tomorrow.

I have decided on my project. I'm making dishcloth bouqets for a charity auction my mom is helping run. They need to be done by 10/29 so I'll be working on those. :yes

:waving all!

I am having a hard time to decide what to make this weekend. It needs to be portable, as I am going away with my friend and her sisters this weekend.... I am thinking about either squares for Warm Up America, or preemie caps, which I have never tried....:think

I will post later on today, after I make my choice

Happy Charity Weekend, all!

time to get hookin':hook

I'm in! I need some motivation to work on the booties and hats for the Pregnancy Center Shower. :kick

Finished working on a sweater over lunch and started one of the infamous booties! :yes We'll be traveling this weekend, so these will be great little projects to take with me.

Will start tonight after dinner. Son and family were transferred to Nebraska last fall and just lost their renter at home about 25 miles from us. We have been showing the house and start tomorrow morning ripping up all the carpet throughout the house. Sister of my DIL will do final cleaning after new carpet on Tuesday of next week....new renter as of Thursday. Glad we are close enough to help but sure changes your schedule. Always take a grab and go project with me but not always able to get anything done. Will be working on 6x9 rectangles for HAP and maybe mittens as time allows. Glad to be back from my crocheting dry spell.

DH has been out of town the past 5 out of 6 weeks. He just got home this evening so I have nothing accomplished crochet-wise. Tomorrow is research paper day. I have to turn in my rough draft on Wednesday. I should be able to complete the rough draft tomorrow if I don't procrastinate. That leaves the rest of the weekend for crochet.

My Lil Troopers group has a challenge going on until the 31st, so I'm working on baby cocoons and matching hats. So that's what I'm working on this time.

Archived