October Charity CAL 10/14 - 10/19

nicolep

Toni - those cocoons are so precious. Are any of those patterns for beginners??

Although I think I could show the same two cat mats every month and nobody would notice - here you go anyway. This was before I finished #2. The toys are the ones I made while in the jury pool. During the FIVE HOURS of jury selection, we couldn't text, read, crochet, nothing. It was excruciating for me because I just can't sit still.

[ATTACH]29163[/ATTACH]

Here is one of my current foster babies. This is how he sleeps! I woke him when I took the picture.

[ATTACH]29164[/ATTACH]

That would be awful to just sit without anything to keep my hands busy! Great kitty mats and an oh so cute kitty.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Toni - those cocoons are so precious. Are any of those patterns for beginners??

Although I think I could show the same two cat mats every month and nobody would notice - here you go anyway. This was before I finished #2. The toys are the ones I made while in the jury pool. During the FIVE HOURS of jury selection, we couldn't text, read, crochet, nothing. It was excruciating for me because I just can't sit still.

[ATTACH]29163[/ATTACH]

Here is one of my current foster babies. This is how he sleeps! I woke him when I took the picture.

[ATTACH]29164[/ATTACH]

All of your foster kitties are so cute!! :manyheart I don't know how you ever let them leave.

Thanks Toni. I will give it a try. Do you use "baby" yarn when you make them or just regular weight?

Denise

I use both, depending on what the pattern calls for and what I pull from my stash first . :lol If I change up the yarn, I change up the hook to match. Two were done with WW, the lavendar with baby yarn.

Hi Nicole sorry I'm late with my totals. I had a bad leg and was in bed for a few days. But I had so much fun doing this and look forward to doing it again. My total was 14 preemie hats. Have a wonderful crochet night all.

Carol

:hug

Hi Nicole sorry I'm late with my totals. I had a bad leg and was in bed for a few days. But I had so much fun doing this and look forward to doing it again. My total was 14 preemie hats. Have a wonderful crochet night all.

Carol

Way to go, Carol!!! Hope the leg is better now. :hug

Carol

No worries! I updated the totals. I hope you're feeling better.

I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of the dishcloths. This is the bundle for the charity auction. I had to ditch the dishcloth bouquet because I couldn't find a cup or bowl that would work. I didn't like the original flower dishcloths used to make it. Anyway, I'm rambling. Here's the pictures of what I'm sending to the auction -

post-28827-13589758916_thumb.jpg

These are the dishcloths laid out so you can see the individual dishcloths.

post-28827-135897589156_thumb.jpg

I wanted to make something small so those without a lot of cash could participate in the auction. So many of the items are big ticket items that a lot of people can't afford right now.

Your dishclothes are a great idea, Nicole. Many people are struggling in this economy but still want to be involved...you are helping with that problem. Plus they are pretty :) I couldn't wait until Mid November so I made a couple baby cocoons this week. Black and yellow like a bumble bee one I saw somewhere before. I have to make the hats and I actually have two little bumble bee appliques that I will sew on the hats. They will go to a local shelter for homeless families. Don't know where the camera walked off to but when I find it will take pictures.

Sounds like a fun thing to knit or crochet together (virtually) for a week each month. I'll have to swing back by in November, soon to head out of town. Cool idea.

Good job Ally!!

And Nicole - I have never seen dishcloths done that way before. Heck, I'd bid on those if I could! Those are really fun. And sometimes I think people who organize those things forget that there are people who want to participate and support the cause, but need smaller items on which to bid. You hit the mark with those.

Buckeye - we'll be glad to have you next month!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived