October Charity CAL 10/14 - 10/19

nicolep

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone. Count me in. I'm doing a marathon of preemie hats for our local NICU in North Carolina. I want all the babies to have a snugglie warm winter. Good luck all on your projects.

Carol

Hi, everyone! :hi I just spotted this this morning and probably won't get a chance to work on anything until Sunday. The Georgia Quilt Show is going on now and I'm signed up for three classes. I took Kim (the lady I care for) to it yesterday afternoon. I'm taking a class this afternoon and two tomorrow. But I'll see what I can get accomplished on Sunday through Tuesday. I've got a prayer shawl that's about 1/4 done, so may try to finish that. :hug :hug

so i worked on the blanket last night in a sports bar...but mom won both her 8 and 9 ball matches! :cheer

on a side note i received two boxes stuffed with yarn! these will make great charity gifts!

Aha, first shipment from Grandma? Your mom must be a lot of fun :)

:hi, all!

I will be bringing a skein for baby hats on girls' weekend. We leave in the morning, and will be home late Sunday night!:cheer:woo

I will be back to check in on Monday...

Peace, Blessings, and big :hug:hug for all of you! It's really wonderful to be part of such a nice group each month:U

Good morning all. Well I stayed up until 2am crocheting. I have my first photo for the Charity CAL. We now have 12/100 preemie hats for NC NICU. What a great start!! Thanks to all who are helping.

baby.jpg

Good morning all. Well I stayed up until 2am crocheting. I have my first photo for the Charity CAL. We now have 12/100 preemie hats for NC NICU. What a great start!! Thanks to all who are helping.

baby.jpg

Those are adorable! :clap :clap

Today was the last day of the Quilt Show, so I'll start crocheting tonight or tomorrow. I'm really tired but had a wonderful time. And to top it all off, I won a brand new Baby Lock sewing machine in the prize drawing at the end of today. I'm giddy, I'm so happy. :lol :lol

baby.jpg

2am :eek No way could I be :crocheting at 2am and have it resemble anything :lol

I have a boy ripple cocoon and hat done, a girlie cocoon and flower for the hat I'm making tonight done. So far, so good. Will take pictures later.

due to spending some quality time with my new yarn and my yarn winder...i didn't get any hookin' done on my blanket...but now i am sitting in Three Forks, MT watching some favorites like Pollyanna (lots of crochet) and working on my blanket.

Linda, congrats on your big win! I am also a quilter and right now the metro-Phx area is a wasteland for quilt shows. Boo.

And tmpinsnty (I don't know your name) I really, really want a yarn winder, but the manual kind are about $40! Yikes. That's a lot of yarn money. I used to work at a recycling facility and nearly all of the truck drivers were smelly men with trashy cabs. One day I jumped up on a truck to talk to the driver and found that he, yes he, crocheted and his cab smelled beautiful. He said he hated sitting for load and unload with nothing to do and made lots of $$ on the side selling the things he made. He was SO nice and I loved when I saw his truck heading into the dock because he was always full of show-and-tell.

And - day one of the adoption event found homes for 150 dogs and 65 cats. I hope they are doing as well today. I finished one cat mat so far. I have 3 foster-kittens right now so distracting them from the yarn while I work is not easy!

i got an electric one because i wasn't sure i would be able to clamp it anywhere...it was a splurge...

i have yet to me another crocheter on the road though i know there is another lady on the ville that also crochet's and trucks. my truck is cluttered...i try to not let it get trashy but i am not the best house cleaner...

OK, so the lapghan got too big. So it became a full sized 3'x5' 'ghan and instead of Soldier's Angels it will go to Krystals Veteran's .

Either way ... two veterans are going to receive blankets from me this year, just not through Soldier's Angels.

Ratdog, well, the person who gets that ghan won't really care which agency gave it to him/her. The idea is the same right? To reach out o a vet? It's good to call it "done" though, isn't it?

And to our truckin' crocheter, wow, and electric winder? What a nice splurge. I'll keep trying ebay and garage sales.

I am mid-way through my 2nd cat mat and still have one more quarter of football to watch.

We went to the hill country for the weekend, so I had lots of time to crochet in the car. Got home last night and finished sewing in the ends. My totals for the CAL - 3 Sweaters, 6 hats, and 4 pairs of booties! :clap These will all be going to the Pregnancy Center Baby Shower on December 3rd.

post-33588-135897586004_thumb.jpg

:waving, fellow charity CALers!

just stopping in quick to let you know that so far I have 8 preemie caps done.... I will see how many more I can get done tonight, now that I am home.

Hope you all are having a great day!

:ghug

We went to the hill country for the weekend, so I had lots of time to crochet in the car. Got home last night and finished sewing in the ends. My totals for the CAL - 3 Sweaters, 6 hats, and 4 pairs of booties! :clap These will all be going to the Pregnancy Center Baby Shower on December 3rd.

Those are adorable. :clap :clap :clap

Those are wonderful! I'm working on the third cocoon and matching hat. Hope to have it finished tomorrow so I can take picture. Then do another one in boy colors and have four to send to Lil Troopers for the challenge that ends 10/31

Darling baby items. Keep up the good work. I am slowly plugging along with my 6 x 9 rectangles for Hap, six done so far. Not as much time as I would like over the last few days to crochet. Will be waiting, watching carpet installers at DS rental house tomorrow so hopefully I can get more done.

Archived