Crochet Pattern-A-Day Calendar 2006

diamond

I picked one up at Barnes & Nobles today and must say I love it!! The cards are 5.5" (height) x 7" (wide). I wish the paper that the patterns (days) are on were heavier but then it would be a thicker calendar but overall it's great. I haven't looked thru all the patterns but have flipped thru it and I already see several that interests me. It comes with a 'Getting Started' page, 'Abbreviations' page, 'Skill Levels' page and 4 pages of 'Pattern Index'. As for the patterns: Jan. 6 is a Popcorn Stitch Shrug and Jan. 10 is the Swan Symphony Doily. I see many names I recognize (designers) but most importantly, many patterns I haven't seen before. I paid $12.69 for it and it comes in a magnetic box to keep it in. This is definitely a keeper even after 2006 is over!!!! If you get a chance to get one, I would do so. You won't be disappointed.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought it too and am really enjoying going through it. I would say i'm most impressed with the accessories...the gloves and scarves - awesome and two of my favorite Cville designers are in...Dot and Chelle - congrats on your patterns...i'm sure there are other Cville designers in there - but I haven't gone through everything!

There is also a 'no pattern round sweater that looks great. I was surprised at some of the pictures - a bit hazy or fuzzy! Also saw some 'crochetme' patterns. I bought mine at BandN too! Congrats to all with patterns published! I believe Annie Modesitt is accepting submissions for 2007 on her website modeknit.com - good luck all!

I just got mine today too. My daughter told me I was cheating by looking at patterns so I stopped! As for the clarity, they use whatever pictures are emailed or snail mailed to them. Make sure you send high quality email when submitting.

I ordered mine yesterday off calendars.com and got the confirmation email just now that it has been shipped. I should have it next week. I hope I get it on a day off my 2nd job!

I cannot believe how many of Drew's patterns are in this calendar. I just flipped thru every page and I lost count of all of his. He must have 1/4 of the calendar!!! Way to go, Drew (TheCrochetDude)! :clap And Bonnie Pierce has several bullion stitch squares as well. But the few things that really caught my eye were the thong panties (yes, you read right!), the barefoot sandals and the circular round sweater that Carmen (lithatshack) mentioned above. Along with sevearl tissue covers, tons of squares, teddy bears, clothing, jewelry, a little of everything really. Just no tea cozies!!

Okay - is it me, or is that the same tissue cover, listed over and over again with different embellishments? And I liked the barefoot sandals too! I must have skipped over the panties! Lots and lots of squares for the afghan lovers!!

Carmen, I don't think it's you. I thought the same thing. Same pattern, different embellishments. The 'Perfect Foot Beach Sandies' (barefoot sandals) are on August 10th. The panties (Desert Flower Crochet Thong Panty) is on Feb 13th. And did you see Rebecca's (WoolandFlax) 'Inspired Scarf' on July 12th? I love that scarf!!! :clap

:cheer Congratulations our super-mod Kari (Kariholtz) for a having her "Ponytail Thingie" pattern on March 24th!!! :cheer

:cheer Congratulations our super-mod Kari (Kariholtz) for a having her "Ponytail Thingie" pattern on March 24th!!! :cheer

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much, I'm here all week folks. :hook

Thanks for looking for me too Diamond! You are a true Gem!

Wheeeeee I'm so excited! To have a pattern that means so much to me published (I created it for a specific little girl, her picture wearing the hat is up here)

I kept fearing for some reason it was gonna get cut out of the calendar I don't know why :lol Thanks so much Diamond for verifying it is really in there, can't wait to see the whole calendar and recognize so many people I know and love here :manyheart Congrats Kari and everybody else with patterns in there I know there are lots of folks here who do!

Now, what to think up for '07 submission...

:yay I'm so happy!!!

Thanks again Cheryl!

Ro

Thanks. There are 28 afghan squares that make up a final afghan. Originally they were going to make me Mr. March (so to speak) but thought it would be more fun to string out the squares throughout the year and have them culminate on New Year's Eve with the original joining method. :bounce

I just got my calendar yesterday and have to say that the editors really did a fantastic job putting this together. I cannot imagine how much work it would be!!!! :eek

I cannot believe how many of Drew's patterns are in this calendar. I just flipped thru every page and I lost count of all of his. He must have 1/4 of the calendar!!! Way to go, Drew (TheCrochetDude)! :clap And Bonnie Pierce has several bullion stitch squares as well. But the few things that really caught my eye were the thong panties (yes, you read right!), the barefoot sandals and the circular round sweater that Carmen (lithatshack) mentioned above. Along with sevearl tissue covers, tons of squares, teddy bears, clothing, jewelry, a little of everything really. Just no tea cozies!!

You are all making me so jealous :drool that I can't get my mitts on a calendar yet.....I keep looking for it at Amazon.ca but it's not available yet, I know it's on calendars.com but I would rather buy it from a Canadian source :thair if I can.....If all fails I will order one at any cost..........:eek

I picked up my calendar today at Barnes and Noble along with a new softcover book, called "Just Scarves," by Lionbrand yarns. If you'd like to see what the LB book looks like, check out the 8/13 post on my blog.

I've been flipping through more and more.....I see Kari's, Ros, Drews and Rebeccas...i'm sure i've missed others - congrats - patterns look great - so happy for you all!!!! I LOVE the way its laid out - with each page separate and the box also changes into the stand...will have to get more for gifts!!! Congrats all!!!

Just thought I would add a bit for those going to Barnes & Nobles looking for this calendar. FYI, it wasn't in the normal rack where the craft books are. It's in a free standing cardboard display rack near the craft section. There are other 'boxed' calendars but Crochet A Day was on the top racks. I thought I might mention this as some of you might not notice the display case with the boxes. This calendar is not a book, it's in a box that has a magnetic closure. The box is basically blue with a woman peeking over a crocheted scarf on the front. Crochet is written big on the cover. Remember, look for a box, not a book!!! I'll post pictures tomorrow so you can see what to look for.

:yay I saw this post, realized the calendar MIGHT be available, logged off, called B&N to hold one for me, then drove right over and got mine. :cheer I'm May 26. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee! I am so jazzed.

Hey.. aren't we (the published) supposed to get a free copy of the calendar?

I love the calendar. Kudos to everyone, especially Annie :D for making it so nice!

Archived