Crochet Pattern-A-Day Calendar 2006

diamond

WooHoo!! I finally found it after a little direction from CraftyCritter! (We shop at the same B&N, and I had already been in twice and couldn't find it, and the information desk didn't know anything about it...of course it was less than 20 feet from her nose!!) I could hardly wait to get home and look through it!!

Congratulations too everyone who has a pattern or two (or more!) in this years edition!

Laurie:hook

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW.....I'm so glad you got it! I have yet to find that mag, though!:(

Maybe we, us in the area, should swarm B&N and ask demand to know why they don't carry crochet mags!!! Hold a sit in....They will happily order them but not carry them..... ODD that. It could be fun...bring yarn and hooks and attitude..:P

:cry

I don't have a Barnes & Noble!

Has anyone spotted this at Books-A-Million?

YES!!!

I found mine at Books-A-Million last night. It was a $13.99 plus tax, so close to $15.

Although, again, the clerk had NO idea where to look for it - thank you Kari for sharing that it was on a display stand -- this one was along the left side of the "main" aisle, but it was shared by MANY other types of calendars ??? :think

I haven't had time to open it yet (I bought it on my way to chapperone my daughter's HS Football game) - plan to browse today during lunch break.

Sad news, though. I only saw ONE crochet magazine........and about 10 knitting ones! Honestly!!! :(

So I walked over to the craft BOOK shelf and they did have crochet books - more knitting than crochet, but.........they still had 'em. I'll probably go back for at least one I liked??

I got mine at Borders the other day - I've already devoured the pages and can't wait to make some of the items.

Congratulations to all of you who have a pattern(s) published in the calendar! Great job!

Has anyone found the calendar in Canada yet, I keep looking at the Amazon and Chapters sites and so far nothing :( I've also gone into my Chapters & Coles to see if they have it and no luck.......I'll wait until sometime next month and then I'm ordering it from a U.S. mail order site... :shrug

I'm going to send one in for next year's calender. Can someone tell me if the patterns use both sides of the page? How big is each page? I tried finding it at BN, but no luck. I'm trying to get an idea for how long a pattern they can accomodate.

Thanks!

And congrats to all whose names are in print! WAY TO GO!

Amie - This year's calendar has got patterns of all lengths. A few of them use use two or more days, front and back of pages, and are complex designs. I think you wouldn't have a problem submitting a long pattern and being accepted.

Personally, I'd like to see some nicer, more intermediate projects in next years, since a lot form this years were nice, but simple.

Thanks Natalie! That gives me a good visual on what I could send in. And I'm happy to hear that Drew had several ideas accepted, which means I could send in more than one idea and perhaps have them included too.

Thanks again!

I picked mine up today at Borders Books & Music...it was in the last row of calendars and near the floor...but I found it!!!!!:D

I'm so glad to be a part of such a wonder group. Good job to those who were published for 2006. Some really nice stuff there to try out...:hook

Also, submitted two patterns for 2007...I hope at least one gets selected...we'll see.:blush

I finally got my copy of this awesome calendar. I have a design in it and thought I need to share a bit of insight into it:

Of course, as my luck will have it, I chose a yarn that within weeks of being accepted to this calendar was recalled. Bernat Fur Out . Yes, I make the only flamable stole in history. PLEASE NOTE: you may substitute {successfully} any fuzzy, furry, knubby, bulk type yarn you want and still get a great stole out of this design, promise!

By the way, mine is March 1st the Fur Stole. This is a great buy and I am so happy that people are submitting patterns for the next one. They will only get better and better. Yeah for Crochet!!:clap ~DAWN

My pattern is in there, too. I've heard it's March 8th, but I haven't received my calendar yet. I had it sent to my in-laws house, as I knew we'd be in the middle of a move to who-knew-where. That's my youngest daughter in the pic and she was diagnosed with autism earlier this year. I know she'll be thrilled to see herself in a book. I can't wait to get the calendar.

I also have a pattern in there, and have yet to receive my copy. Wasn't aware they were for sale as my family in Illinois all want a copy. Guess I'd better let them know to keep their eyes open for a copy.

Maybe I should have them send me a copy? LOL!

HnC

I have a pattern in it, but I don't know what date... I have yet to receive my copy yet. I think I had it sent to my parents, because I wasn't sure where I'd be at this time. (I *will* graduate one of these days!)

Still haven't received my copy from the publisher ... but I broke down and bought one. It was fun to see my name "in print". hehehe

For those that don't know me, check Nov. 16 for the "Wedding Jewel Afghan".

HnC

I was at a local mall today and saw the calender store had opened (in prep for the holidays). I asked about a crochet calender and he showed me the Crochet Pattern a Day with Annie Modesitt and Friends, when I realized it was the same one that Dixieredhead just posted a picture of. Haven't had a chance to look through it yet but can't wait to check out those great Crochetville designers who have had their patterns published. Congrats to you all. I wish I had the talent to design. Keep up the good work. Can't wait for a 2007 calender (hint, hint).

LI Roe

Archived