Crochet Pattern-A-Day Calendar 2006

diamond

I emailed Annie the other day and here's what she said.

Hey Dot!

I've been told by Heather Fleck at Accord that the calendars should be to the contributors by Labor Day (or shortly thereafter...)

The calendars in the big stores were shipped directly from the boat when they arrived, that's why they're in stock so much sooner!

I can't wait to see it, either!

Annie Modesitt

Editor,

Accord Crochet Pattern A Day Calendars

PO Box 813

South Orange, NJ 07079

annie@modeknit.com

So we can look forward to receiving our new calendars soon. Way to go everyone! :hook

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a pattern in the calendar. I have no idea what "day" it is. It's a filet scarf pattern with embossed flowers.

I had mine shipped to my mother's house (because I never know when we're going to be here or there) and so I haven't gotten it yet! I can't wait though.

I'm very excited that I "know" the designers in this calendar, lol.

Ya'll see mine on January 27th! I'm there! :)

They are here:

http://crochetcurbsidecouture.blogspot.com/2005/01/crochet-mary-jane-slippers.html

Now this is nice. That is my birthday. It sure will be nice to see some slipper pattern then.

Got my calendar yesterday from calendars.com. Haven't opened it and don't plan to till January 1, 2006.

Congrats to everyone who has a pattern in it.:cheer

I have a pattern in the calendar. I have no idea what "day" it is. It's a filet scarf pattern with embossed flowers.

Alice, I love your pattern for the 'Filet Scarf with Embossed Flowers'. It's May 12th, so ya know!

I emailed Annie the other day and here's what she said. So we can look forward to receiving our new calendars soon. Way to go everyone! :hook

Thanks so much for checking Dot. I am so excited I don't think I can wait though. lol

I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU CAN WAIT!!! Looking forward to next year so I can start putting those away in my book. I think I'm going to get some sort of photo album to put them in and keep them! :cheer

You all did an awesome job.

I got to check mine out today! It's awesome! I love it.

I saw patterns from MommaChelle and Deneen as well as those mentioned here already.

I have never had any desire to make mittens or gloves but with the patterns in here I'm going to have to try them out this year. I have to go look at all the patterns again though. I was so excited to see just who was in there I just scanned the designers and didn't see half the patterns.:lol

Thanks Diamond.

I went to Barnes and Noble today and they said they weren't in. I said are you sure, everyone else has them and they are not in the spot the calendars usually are. Well she went looking and I got my 2006 today.:hook

sondra

I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU CAN WAIT!!! Looking forward to next year so I can start putting those away in my book. I think I'm going to get some sort of photo album to put them in and keep them! :cheer

I loooove the photoalbum idea!!! I'm going to take some measurements and go get me one soon! :yay

Thanks Diamond.

I went to Barnes and Noble today and they said they weren't in. I said are you sure, everyone else has them and they are not in the spot the calendars usually are. Well she went looking and I got my 2006 today.:hook

sondra

I mentioned in an earlier post to this thread, the Crochet-A-Day calendars aren't where the other calendars are. They are in the craft area in a free-standing corrugated display case. Not in the magazine area but where the hardbound & other crafts (ie: knitting, polymer clay, weaving, beading, glass making, etc) area.

This is a great idea!!! They can be put in a 3-hole binder in plastic sleeves as each day is done, that way they will stay in order. Thanx for the idea!

I picked up my copy yesterday! I used a B&N gift card my brother gave me for my birthday....hee heee! I thought about waiting for Christmas, hoping somebody would buy me one, but then I thought NO WAY! They'll all be gone by then! So I snagged me one. :c9 I haven't opened it yet though. It's just sitting up there on the counter tempting me. I can't wait to see all the C'ville designers patterns! :manyheart Oh, and at my B&N they were with all the other calenders.

OKay so I went to B&N to hunt down 2006.....I was stoked as I usually flounder on buying something for me....I walk around the front area, not there, hmmm, maybe by the crochet books, not there, HOLY MOLEY....I couldnt believe I drove an hour to get this thingy and can't find it. I go ask the lady at the front register. She has no clue but go look on the customer service kiosk as it as calendars on the little shelves! I look, can't find. So I stand it a long line to ask if I can order it. Finally I get my turn to be helped, I ask for the crochet pattern .." The very helpful customer service person finished the title for me, (btw that usually bothers me, but I didnt even mind tonight!). He says come this way I'll show you! YIPPIE about 25 were there. I said I am so glad you have this, he said "are you kidding, our manager is a crochet fanatic, there was no way we were doing without these!" Wonder why they never have crochet mags then HMMM?:think

Anyhoo I got my calendar, I already looked at all the patterns. Saw about 5 or more things I MUST make. As Im thumbing through I am saying, "Hey I know her, Hey I know him"...well not really know know, but ya know what I mean! :blush

Congrats, Dawn - I saw the pattern for your fur shrug in here, too!

My two cents - even though I've not gotten all the way thru it [i'm only on October] I've noticed there's no Red Heart. Seriously! A very high % of the yarns used say they are higher end - but some are *obviously* cheap acrylic!! Brown Sheep worsted and super saver DO NOT look the same, LOL!!

I don't know what to think about this!! Like, nice that all the yarns aren't cheapo, except - they are?

Be sure to ask at the customer service desk of Barnes and Noble, the calendarsaren't always in the obvious places. At mine it was on a display table in the middle of the cooking section along with some other crafting books.

That's where ours were too...in the middle of the cooking section! Who comes up with their floor plan?

Donna

I got to see one at my Club Crochet meeting last night. I told the ladies, "oh, I know this designer, and this one, and this designer, too." What fun! Of course, I explained how I "knew" you all. Now, I've got to get one for myself!

Archived