September '10 Charity CAL 9/16 - 9/21

nicolep

All right, we're a small, but proud group this month! :cheer I'm all ready to get started. I had a new bible study start last week. It's on Thursday so I won't get much done tomorrow evening. I'll stop in and check in all of you though. Someone has to keep you all in line. :rofl

Aint it the truth! :lol :lol :lol

I've got three projects to work on. A prayer shawl, a RR lapghan for the nursing home, and 4 inch squares for a comfort ghan for a little girl just diagnosed with cancer. The first two are started, but far from done.

Have a great day, everyone.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All right, we're a small, but proud group this month! :cheer I'm all ready to get started. I had a new bible study start last week. It's on Thursday so I won't get much done tomorrow evening. I'll stop in and check in all of you though. Someone has to keep you all in line. :rofl

thank heavens SOMEBODY is around to keep me in line!!!!:lol

Enjoy your Bible study!

Have a great day, all!

:ghug

thank heavens SOMEBODY is around to keep me in line!!!!:lol

Enjoy your Bible study!

Have a great day, all!

:ghug

I keep calling it a bible study, but it isn't really. It's a study on Church history. It just happens to be the adult bible study group. I guess there is some bible discussion in there though. :think

:cheer :cheer :cheer everyone! :cheer :cheer :cheer

(I always wanted to be a cheerleader)

Have 6 little baby hats done. Hoping to make two more tonight and two each day through the 21st then whatever I can make before I have to send package for shipment to Fort Stewart.

:tup WTG, Dobermama!

I got 2 8" squares done today, and am hoping to finish 1 more tonight. Maybe tomorrow they will decide what they want to be...

Keep up the great works, everyone!!!! I am going to help cheer:

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

may i join? i just started a baby blanket for a family whose unborn baby was diagnosed with Turner Syndrome...i have 8 rows done and it's in natural baby coordinates i may end up stripping it with purple...

Of course, you may join us! Welcome to the group! :welcome I'm half way through an 8" square. I had to frog it and restart it as my guage was off.

Sounds like everyone is making good progress! :clap

I get off work at 12:30 today so I hope to get some slippers done this afternoon. I need to stop by the store and get some yarn though. I want to make them bright. I don't have the right Vanna's Choice in my stash to make them.

Stopping in to see how you are doing and support your efforts. Lost my crochet mojo a couple of months ago and have not picked up a hook in many weeks. Now that it is raining, or overcast and grey outside, almost daily, I am sure my stash will be calling my name again soon. Think a small portable project would be the way to get back into my groove. Keep up the good work ladies...I have been lurking, just not posting.

pineknott - Welcome! :hi

Darlene - Good to hear from you! :hug I hope your crochet mojo comes back soon. Maybe a small project for yourself will help.

Well, I'm almost finished with my first slipper. It's really more of a sock, but in worsted weight yarn. They should be very warm for the residents in the nursing home. I had to go to Petsmart after work so I didn't get started until about 4:00 even though I got off work at 1:00.

After talking to the director at the local nursing home I've started another RR lapghan for a little lady resident who likes red, is always cold, and turns 106 next Friday. I'll be working on it big time this weekend.

It sounds like everyone is plugging along well! :cheer

I finished my first pair of slippers for the nursing home. They are very soft and warm. I hope the person who gets them enjoys them. :manyheart

Here's a picture...

post-28827-135897575887_thumb.jpg

Oh and Hank wanted to say hi! :cat

post-28827-135897575894_thumb.jpg

Archived