September '10 Charity CAL 9/16 - 9/21

nicolep

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fun little bear!

I was lame this weekend and only finished 2 cat mats. I think I am just done with the heat. It was 108 on Saturday and 111 (new record) yesterday. Pthth. We don't get the good weather until the end of October. (THEN I can work on afghans again.) But for now, at least two more kitties have a soft mat! I guess that's the way to look at it!

:yay Ratdog! I love that pattern and have it on my WIM list. It is soooo cute and love it in two colors.

I did two hats yesterday and one today. Going to go work on another to see if I can get it finished. My box is slowly filling up.

I've made another hat. Not going to meet my goal for this CAL but will have quite a few by the time the shipment is due :yay

tmpinsnty, the heat is horrible this year. I soooo want some fall weather. Poor Morgan, but at least you have Morgan to turn the truck on and AC down! I know the fuel cost is high, but you both need to be able to breath and sleep comfortabley :)

LeaAnne - Can't wait to see some pictures!

You all know the drill! Post your totals in big, bold letters when you're ready. :cheer I will post the totals sometime on Thursday to give everyone time to finish up and report in. Thanks for charity hooking with us this month!!! :hug

Good morning, everyone. I've got 8 rounds to go on the RR, so with luck I'll get it done today. I've made 6 of the 8" pink squares, too. It's been a good weekend for me. I'll post pics and totals tomorrow morning. good luck to everyone on the homestretch. :manyheart

As soon as I catch up the forum and eat my lunch, and wash linens, I'll sit back down to the little hat I started last night to add to my totals and take photo of what I have so far to send.

Well, my kit swap package came, so little hat won't be finished for tonight :lol To many distractions from my package!

So, my count is 12 hats and here's a photo of them.

post-25113-135897577174_thumb.jpg

Well, my kit swap package came, so little hat won't be finished for tonight :lol To many distractions from my package!

So, my count is 12 hats and here's a photo of them.

[ATTACH]27617[/ATTACH]

Those are lovely, Dobermama.

Those are lovely, Dobermama.

Thank you.

I love doing these little hats. Different patterns to keep it interesting. Trying to come up with added touches to make them special.

The nurses and the families are always sending notes to our coordinators on the things our group sends, so we know they are being used and appreciated. Some of them even send photos with the babies wearing their hats or booties or sweaters or all of the above.

I didn't get quite as much done as I had hoped but I did

Complete 2 WIPs

One was a baby hexagon ghan. It came out 30 inches across.

The other was a little bit larger project I had started. It is more child sized or lapghan at 35 inches by 45 inches. I now realize why that one was left in WIP status. It was all single crochet.

I will try to post pictures this weekend when DH comes home with the camera.

well i didn't get it finished...but here are some pictures of it any way

It's a great start and very pretty.

I am pleased with what I got done. I'll post pictures in a bit.

1 round ripple lapghan 58" from point to point

6 pink 8" squares

The round ripple is for a lady in the local nursing home who is turning 106 on Friday. She loves red and is always cold, so this should be a winner. She'll be able to really wrap up in it.

Archived