September '10 Charity CAL 9/16 - 9/21

nicolep

I finished:

2 Cat Mats

Such a lame contribution, sorry.

I love the hats that Toni made. The one with the little flower is too cute!

And I also love the truck & crochet blog. Your cat is adorable. Ever notice how many hookers have cats? :think It's very counter productive because they never help finish anything! I put my yarn in those plastic containers but one of my cats just grabs the yarn at the top and walks away with yarn in his mouth, leaving a trail behind him.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I finished:

2 Cat Mats

And I also love the truck & crochet blog. Your cat is adorable. Ever notice how many hookers have cats? :think It's very counter productive because they never help finish anything! I put my yarn in those plastic containers but one of my cats just grabs the yarn at the top and walks away with yarn in his mouth, leaving a trail behind him.

Oh, don't apologize! That's 2 more mats than they would have had.

Thank you, I looked everywhere to find a flower small enough that I liked for that hat. The button center has a smiley face :) Will be making quite a few more of them with the flower for sure.

:waving

Here it is. My project for this month. the colors don't show nicely because my lighting is not great. It is Simply soft in pink and white, and the finished size is 34" x42"...perfect for a lapghan!

I will bring it to school in the morning to give to the mom whose friend is recovering

Thanks, Nicole, for hosting this CAL! :hug

Everyone did a really awesome job!

post-4747-135897577665_thumb.jpg

I finished:

2 Cat Mats

thanks! i really appreciate it...morgan loves it best when i frog things...she also likes the yarn winder!

1 - scarf

1 - 12 inch square

Way to go, PineKnott! :clap :clap :clap

:waving

Here it is. My project for this month. the colors don't show nicely because my lighting is not great. It is Simply soft in pink and white, and the finished size is 34" x42"...perfect for a lapghan!

I will bring it to school in the morning to give to the mom whose friend is recovering

Thanks, Nicole, for hosting this CAL! :hug

Everyone did a really awesome job!

That's beautiful, LeaAnne! :clap :clap :clap

Wow, what great work everyone did. The ripple and the afghan were both beautiful. A round ripple has always been tempting, but I have not tried one yet.

Ok, I used to belong to a CAL where people were doing a sampler with this book of 63 blocks. Well IMHO the instructions for finishing blocks in that book are terrible. No matter what the pattern, you have to somehow force it to have a certain number of sc's evenly around the edge. Not something I can manage to just figure out on my own. The CAL merged with a bunch of others and I dropped out. I'd like to give away the top two blocks in this picture to anyone who might want them. They are 7-ish inches square.

post-13802-135897577823_thumb.jpg

do any of you get the TalkingCrochet e-mail newsletter?

In this week's issue, there was an article about the Warm Up America project. It seems that Land's End is giving yarn to crocheter's who will commit to making 7x9" squares for this cause.

I thought you would all like the head's up, and I bet you can guess what I'll be doing for charity weekends in October and November!:devil

I saw a bit about Lands End on "The Early Show" this morning. The host was wearing a crochet wrap (it was still a work in progress by a member of the crowd so the guy was walking around with yarn trailing behind him).

Lands End might have info on their website.

Archived