Clematis

Enfys

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Clematis is breathtakingly gorgeous. It is a true work of art. Well done! :cheer:cheer:cheer So, whenever you get bored with this hanging on your wall, and you don't want it anymore, you can send it my way....I will definitely take good care of it and keep it blooming :devil I do love Clematis, it is such a stately flower and just adds beauty no matter where it is planted.

I must say one thing for you Daisy, you are persistant! LOL

Maybe, if I get the pattern done, you could make your own.

Does that mean you would buy it????????

It will be a bit of an undertaking and not all of it is crochet. But I am considering writing it.

I must say one thing for you Daisy, you are persistant! LOL

Maybe, if I get the pattern done, you could make your own.

Me persistent? Naw :lol I just happen to love beautiful things and your creation is incredible :yes. Oh please let me know if you ever make up a pattern for this design.

I don't mind if the whole thing is not crocheted..... I just love crafting.

Yes I would buy it.

Me persistent? Naw :lol I just happen to love beautiful things and your creation is incredible :yes. Oh please let me know if you ever make up a pattern for this design.

I don't mind if the whole thing is not crocheted..... I just love crafting.

Definately going to have to write it then! The flowers are already done, I just need to put the whole thing together and take some pics for the not so simple parts.

What part is not crochet?

First of all the frame. I lashed bamboo together with jute then used the jute to create a lattice. I used these materials because I wanted it to look realistic.

Secondly, the stems. I bought a lucet at a craft exhibition in March and thought it would be fun to use my new toy. If you can crochet, you can definately lucet. They are not expensive and quite addictive!!!!! Mine is from http://www.thelucet.co.uk/ . He does ship internationally.

See how popular you have become? :D Everyone wants your pattern now, but I dibs first :lol. and I want my pattern autographed :P....you could become famous for your incredible works of art....maybe you already are and I just don't know it yet :blush I may be teasing you (in a good way), but I just wanted you to know how much I really love what you made. I know a lot of hard work went into making your Clematis, and it was probably quite tedious, to do all that designing and crocheting to make your idea a reality....and what a beauty it turned out to be! Congrats on a job well done :cheer:cheer:cheer

LOL!

You really are a lovely lot, especially in the way you have been making me laugh over this. Yes, it was a lot of work but rarely am I so proud of something I have created. This gives me a glow every time I look at it. It is totally different to anything I have done before and was a major experiment.

It was never intended to be a pattern but I have had so many comments that I am going to have to write it. It is going to have to be a bit different to the way I normally write them and I might have to make another, smaller and slightly simpler one to get more photos of some of the steps.

However, if I can do it with what I have, I will do.

Competition is tomorrow night so I will let you all know how I get on. It isn't an automatic win. There are a lot of very talented ladies at this club but all with different crafts. I have seen some amazing needlework projects there over the years.

Thank you for the support.

Thank you.

I won. It certainly wasn't an easy win as there were some other equally stunning entries. But that makes the win all that much more special. The prize was a £20 gift voucher for the local garden centre which has a very nice craft section!

The judging was done by everybody. All the pieces were numbered and we had to write the number of our favourite on a piece of paper and put it in the pot.

:cheer:cheer:cheer CONGRATULATIONS! :cheer:cheer:cheer

I knew you would win, without a doubt! Your stunning clematis, out- shined all the other entries. See what an eye-catcher it is! You deserved this win. This is your moment....enjoy with all your heart and savor the fruits of your labor. Congrats and best of wishes! Oh, and hugs, :hugfor putting up with my teasing.

Thank you All!

And I really don't mind the teasing. I have been having a bit of a stressfull time at work just recently and it has been good to come on here and smile.

No, I suppose I had better get on with the pattern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Enfys, If you need a smile, I don't know why, but every time I see ivy, or any other climbing plant, I think of your gorgeous clematis :yes. Its stunning beauty is really a treasure and once again, I congratulate you on a winner and a masterpiece well done. :yay:cheer:clap

That is really nice of you to say so.

I have to admit, I am really proud of it. I have never felt quite this pleased with anything I have made before as it is so totally different. Its a bit difficult to explain but would you understand if I said this feels like "Art" and not just "Crochet"?

I have started on the pattern but it is going to be a long process and I am trying to finish up the projects in the wardrobe to earn some cash so I can learn to drive and find a new job. I will be working on this in between though.

Archived