Spider Queen Crocheted Halloween Costume

CroshayQueen

I ADORED this set! My DD had so much fun while we were creating it:D

I freehand crocheted the entire set from my own pattern, including the tiara(stiffened with fabric stiffener and jeweled with purple stones) and the star on top of her magic wand:hook... I even made those hokey spiders out of pipe cleaners and googly eyes:loco ... I added a few of the spiders onto the skirts "webs" it pulled the chains down and made them look more like real spider webs!:devil

(last is a pic of the pinafore over the krinalin(sp?) on my mannequin to show the detail, it was sooo much cuter with the full skirt underneath, but it was driving Miss Diva crazy;))

WebSPIDERQUEEN2-vi.jpgWebSPIDERQUEENtalkingtospiders-vi.jpgWebSPIDERQUEEN5-vi.jpgWebSPIDERQUEEN6-vi.jpg

Do you crochet all the time you have made so many pretty things wish i had your talent to make patterns like that they are great

LOL!!:hook I know it's sad to say, but I crochet for a living, so I crochet about 18 hours a day!:eek All the while getting divebombed by a toddler and a new baby and a very silly but cute 11 year old boy;)

I was thinking of a Crochet Halloween book, some with costumes, some home decor and novelties, then you all could make them too!:hook Sound crazy??

You really should consider doing a book. You are very talented and your items all have a bit of "oomph" that makes them very unique. I bet you would do well with a book.

You really should consider doing a book. You are very talented and your items all have a bit of "oomph" that makes them very unique. I bet you would do well with a book.

Thanks so much!! Actually I am working on my designs for the 2007 crochet-a-day-Calender right now:hook, but I plan on having a few patterns up on my new pattern website next month, then hopefully I can concentrate on submitting some designs to a publisher...I have WAY too many irons in the fire, and with a new baby at that!:eek LOL But I am sooo excited to get it done:D

Im just ...... gobsmacked!!

where do you get your ideas from and to come out so amazing, i take it everything youve made is your own design?

Just wish i could design like that, well even just a little bit

your work is just FANTASTIC i want to buy your patterns come on purleesssse lol

Im just ...... gobsmacked!!

where do you get your ideas from and to come out so amazing, i take it everything youve made is your own design?

Just wish i could design like that, well even just a little bit

your work is just FANTASTIC i want to buy your patterns come on purleesssse lol

he he patience Grasshopper;), I'm trying to find time to create the new women's designs and write them down while I make them.

I dunno HOW God made my brain work, he just did:D..I have heard that self-taught crocheters and knitters are always "against the norm" as far as designing and hardly ever using patterns!LOL

ANYTHING you ever see of mine is an Original design since I do not follow or use patterns, there are all totally freehand, although I do time from time recreate something that is trendy or a fad, in crochet;)

I promise promise to get the pattern site up asap, I know we are all needed gift ideas for the holidays:hook Thanks for all the support gals! It's VERY ihnspiring:manyheart

Thanks for letting us see all of your designs before they make it to a calendar :manyheart at this rate you will be able to fill a crochet-a-day calendar all by yourself :clap

LOL....actually, I am creating ALL NEW designs for the calender!WHEW!:hook

But the great thing is that most of the designs are less complicated and as I have had so many requests for them, most are Women's items, really cool, trendy well-fitting designs,(Peasants, halters, open, lacey sweaters) in realistic sizes! WooHoo!!!!!:manyheart

**Please excuse the horrific spelling in the last few posts, my toddler kept grabbing my arm while I was typing!LOL**:rolleyes

Archived