Those Square hats

darski

In my quest to make those 340 hats (175 finished) I made some of the "square hats" I did another one in pinks but didn't get a pic before it was donated.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/darski_2007/hats%20squared/?action=view&current=26bd8316.pbw

does anyone else like these. I admit that it took me a while but now I really like them. They just seem to say "having fun today".

Does anyone know how to get the pic to show in a direct image from photobucket?

I really like them! I had been debating on making the same type of thing for my daughter but hadn't wanted to figure the pattern out yet. :lol

I need to make a square hat with ear flaps for a friend....he asked for it in a smart alec kinda way...so I need to figure out how to do it

There is a pattern online - I'll look for it in a bit

but what I do is make a chain as long as the head is wide - with a little ease. then I work in the round for as many rows as I need. I like to finish with that crisp white border in FPdc ribbing.

I can't find the pattern - It doesn't seem to be called what I thought it was called :wlol

I'll keep an eye out for it. It might not be a site that can be posted here :think

Very cute! I think some little ones would look adoable in them. As for adding the picture direct in your post:

--Click Go Advanced at the bottom of where you are typing.

-- That will open up the smilies on the right and a whole lot of options below your post writing box.

-- Go down and click on Manage Attachments.

-- A box will open up giving you the option to upload from your computer or from a URL. You can click the browse button to look through your picture files and then upload what you want.

-- Hope that helps. :)

Very cute! I think some little ones would look adoable in them. As for adding the picture direct in your post:

--Click Go Advanced at the bottom of where you are typing.

-- That will open up the smilies on the right and a whole lot of options below your post writing box.

-- Go down and click on Manage Attachments.

-- A box will open up giving you the option to upload from your computer or from a URL. You can click the browse button to look through your picture files and then upload what you want.

-- Hope that helps. :)

I know about the system but It did not allow me to upload directly from photobucket. Every time I entered the URL it said it was invalid. I wanted the slideshow or else I would have just uploaded from my comp. :ty for trying though :hug

There is a pattern online - I'll look for it in a bit

but what I do is make a chain as long as the head is wide - with a little ease. then I work in the round for as many rows as I need. I like to finish with that crisp white border in FPdc ribbing.

I can't find the pattern - It doesn't seem to be called what I thought it was called :wlol

I'll keep an eye out for it. It might not be a site that can be posted here :think

I think this might be the pattern you were looking for, but I do like yours better!

I made one of these for my granddaughter when she was a baby but she kept pulling it off! Now she's 2 and likes hats, so I'll make another one this winter. They are darling hats. I left off the ruffle and made the "ponytails" bigger and fluffier. :hook

Have a good day!

I think this might be the pattern you were looking for, but I do like yours better!

I made one of these for my granddaughter when she was a baby but she kept pulling it off! Now she's 2 and likes hats, so I'll make another one this winter. They are darling hats. I left off the ruffle and made the "ponytails" bigger and fluffier. :hook

Have a good day!

No that is cute but it is not the one I was thinking of. It was on an allcraft page but they seem to have changed and I can't get the page I was looking for.

Maybe I'll try by looking in the teddy clothing at CPC.

Ooooh - I really like Suzie/s pattern. Love those healthy tassels :rofl

Thank you for that.

I think those curlycue tassels would look cute on these hats. Those tassels were a bit healthy looking, weren't they! :lol:lol:lol

I like your "square" hats!! I've been looking at the pattern for some time now, but I was afraid to make some for fear that my granddaughters would look at me and say, "Grandma, what were you thinking of--square hats??":think I'm thinking of making my 6 yr. old granddaughter a square hat now that I see how cute yours turned out. My 6 yr. old granddaughter has a "kooky" sense of humor, which makes her fun to hang around with!!

darski............. hey there lady.... good to see you!

I LOVE your square hats!!!! I just may have to make some for my grandbabies for Christmas this year.

:heart

:mug

Archived