Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Good morning! :coffee I'm drinking my coffee now. :D DD and DH are drag racing hotwheels down the stairs and pretending they are on Pinks All Out (a drag racing show). I just got a very excited update that DD's polly pocket car works on the track. Lots of fun!

It is another beautiful blue sky day here and today I'm actually going to get out of the house :lol

DD is off to the birthday party this morning, so DH and I might go out for brunch and then to look at some new blinds I want for the living room at Home Depot. We need some serious UV filtering in that room. It is a south facing bay window and the floor and furniture are fading (not to mention the cooling nightmare in the summer). We probably don't have it in the budget now, but we can look to see if they'll work and get a quote.

Beth - Maybe taking a break from the shrug is a good idea. Have fun with those hats!

Joanne - How nice, organizing your stash :dreaming. I think I need to do that too.

Stacy - Happy crocheting with all your projects and :yay for more time for the flannelghan!

This is the start of the first week in a long time where I don't need to plan anything. Christmas is done, DD's birthday is done, now for some ME time :D Hoping to get those hooks smokin' this week. :hyper

:hi to all! Have a splendiferous Sunday!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!!

Colleen-:hug I'm so glad DD has so much fun yesterday! I hope you get lots of rest today. You certainly deserve it!

Beth-:hug Good luck on DD's shrug. What size shoe does she wear? Good for you getting hats done! I would love to join that CAL, but I have to get these pillowcases finished first.

Joanne-:hug Isn't it fun to go through your stash and pet all your yarn? I'm so glad you're having such a nice weekend. I'm sure you needed it, and you deserve it!

Stacy-:hug I used a P hook too. I'm not sure how big my squares are, but the whole thing is over 6' tall.

Vicki-:hug Are you staying warm down there? It's cold here, I know that! I'm glad we didn't have any precipitation though. That would have been a mess!! :woo:jumpyay for DD and her Lima Green belt! Give her a big hug from me and tell her I'm so proud of her!

Everyone else-:hug, and have a wonderful day! Ours will be filled with football and Mardi Gras decorations. I have a small Christmas tree that I decorate. If/when I ever get back on MY computer, I will share a pic!

Done with cleaning!!!! The 2 bathrooms have been scrubbed from top to bottom and the rest of the vacuuming done. I dusted and polished the living room furniture and the family room. 1 load of laundry washed, dried, folded and put away and I'm washing the bathroom rugs now.

We are going to go to B&N- DH wants to see what's on clearance! He doesn't know it yet, but on the way back we are stopping at Michael's:devil

TTYL!

Hi gang! Just wanted to check in and say hi! I got the groceries all put away! I spent a little more than I would have liked, but hey, what can I do?

The first load of laundry is done. The non dryables are hanging and the second load is in the washer. The third is waiting to be done. The towels were folded and put away this morning. Now I am waiting to hear from everyone to see what they want for lunch! Ugh, it never ends!

I still need to change my sheets and vacuum. I can do that later. It is still cold here, but it is supposed to warm up a little here. Not so cold today!

Have a great day all!

TTFN!

Vicki

Sorry LeaAnne, that Ray Rice scored a touch down so quickly. Those of us from Rutgers know how fast he is! That was the mantra- Run Ray Run!!!!

DD already texted me- wishing for a Pats win since she has so many friends who are Pats fans, but secretly happy for Ray Rice!

Enjoy the rest of the game.

Oh, stopped at Michael's but the Designer Sport wasn't on sale so didn't buy it. Instead I got some gold and black Vanna's and am going to make DD a scarf in the Bruins Colors to bring to her! We may go ice skating next weekend!

Good morning! Actually, it's probably the afternoon by now. :lol

Colleen, enjoy your "you" time! :clap for nothing to plan, except relaxing.

Vicki, you are on a roll today! :h5 You can come clean over here when you're done. :lol

Beth, it's probably good that you're getting a break from that shrug. Which pattern are you using? I had to :heehee at the comment about your dd's arms- Jorge's family has long arms, too. His dad's fingertips go almost down to his knees. Do you have trouble finding clothing that fits her in the arms, too? Have fun working on the hat.

Joanne, I think the Designer Sport sale ended yesterday. I didn't make it to Michael's either- I found out that their return policy is that they return it at the lowest sale price, with an additional 20% off that. So I kept the yarn and am just using that. The biggest hook I have is a 10 mm...I ended up frogging what I had and added 4 extra stitches per ro w and one extra row. It looks good, I think. I already have 2 strips done! (Lots of thanks to the coffee at 1 a.m. :lol:blush)

Ok. I have another question. :blush Mia left one of her library books outside and Klaus got ahold of it (it was on the table so I have no idea how. :shrug) It has bite marks all over the cover. I just checked the library website and there is a $10 processing fee, on top of the $15 damaged book fine. :sigh I am giving her a dollar/day to do extra chores and when she has enough we will go to the library and she will pay for the book. Do you think that is a fair punishment? She is almost 5, but I am wondering if, in 2 weeks when she's still working off the money, will she remember why she is doing it? :think Do you think there is a more appropriate punishment? The retail value of the book is only $9, and I'm wondering if I can just go out and buy a new one to replace it? I doubt it. Maybe I will call on Monday to see.

Afternoon. Slept in while fiance took Keith to church (Keith thinks of it as a play date cause of all the kids and different toys there in the nursery). Woke up and started cleaning... have found the floor in Keith's room (again) and am now in the process of trying to find room for all his new toys in his room (we need a 4 bedroom place instead of a 2, 2 extra rooms: one for Keith to have a playroom for all his toys and one for fiance and I to have a office/craftroom, no one visits us so we don't need a guest room, just a hide-away bed/couch would work) Had to stop to take a break as I get out of breath easily right now, but need to do the cleaning or it'll just keep getting worse until I'm feeling better (I don't get well quick as I have a weak immune system and even w/ vitamin C and other things I still take awhile to get over colds/flu). Need to go change laundry out and get back to cleaning the living room (Keith's toys out of it, then pick up and vacuum, then fold clothes)

Vicki - congrats to your DD

Colleen - enjoy having nothing to plan =0)

Joanne - :yay for organizing yarn

sorry if I missed anything for someone.

hope everyone is having a good day, staying warm and :hug to all

Hey, friends~

Wow! what a yucky weekend for being able to watch any football game that was actually A GAME! ...depressing. And Tom's baby must have kept him up all night, because I have never seen him play as poorly as he did today:sigh

Ok... I got that off my chest! :whew

So...

Joanne ~ WTG on sorting your stash! Sorry about your yarn not being on sale anymore... a B's scarf sounds fun! When are you coming up this way?

Stacy ~ sorry about the book... I would lean more toward her chores for a week. You are right, she will probably forget why after more than a day or 2. Maybe she has a book that she could donate to the library?

Colleen ~ Yay for "Me" time! Enjoy every moment, and make sure you cash in! :wink

I had to :heehee about the Polly Pocket cars on the race track! I remember those days... Our Polly's moved to CapeCod a few years ago!

Beth ~ Hooray for backup projects. I hope you are keeping up on your hat goal, and hope that you get those sleeves figured out:hug

Sarah ~ take your time... glad you are starting to feel better!

Mary ~ How was your weekend? Did you get any rest? :hug

Vicki ~ :cheer:clapfor getting so much done today! Have a good "Monday" at school tomorrow.:hug

Shannon ~ MardiGras decorating sounds like so much fun! How is Janna? What has she been up to lately? I hope you had a great day... oh, and it's official: I am down to 1 team GEAUX SAINTS!:lol:lol

Scooby ~ thinking of you...:hug:hug

Chaya ~ How are you doing? I hope you are doing ok... we haven't heard from you in a few days.

:waving to anybody I have mistakenly missed... I gotta go get my chickens organized/showered for school tomorrow.

Luv you all:hug:manyheart

Hey friend! Just watching this unbelievable comeback from the Packers! Go Pack Go!!

My pillowcase is giving me fits! Today I've been working on Dad's flannelghan, but I'm having trouble with it too!:angry What's up with that???

What are you working on? I can't wait to see your heather grey set. I :manyheart heather grey!!

Yeah, still on the laptop, so I'm kinda slow tonight. Well, I'm kinda slow every night, but the computer is right there with me. hehehe

...some days it just doesn't work out with the :hook... :shrug. I dunno why.

Don't worry, tomorrow will be better!:D

I am working on the Stitch Sampler afghan. I made one long ago, and decided I need a new one. ...and that I need something just for me:devil

DH took my grey scarf:blush... oh, well, at least he'll be nice and warm:wink

Awww. That's nice. I'm glad DH liked it so much!

I'll have to check out that Stitch Sampler afghan. Sounds interesting. And WTG on making something for YOU!

I was doing fine with the flannelghan until I got to the last side. The 1st side has 22 stitches in each block. This side has 28. Weird! But I think I'm almost finished with the pillowcase. Finally. And I learned what not to do on the other 9.

Hi Mary! That's alright. I've been getting frustrated at this laptop. I'm used to the speed of my computer.

How are you feeling?

Archived