Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Wow, Tena! That is so wonderful!!! It is so nice to read that people care! I wish you much success (and rest!), as the project gets going:hug:hug:hug

I can relate to your cleaning dilemma... I have similar issues around here:blush Don't worry, it will get done... just do a little at a time

Hi, and good morning to you all!

Today, I am cleaning... I am anxious to get my house back to "plain", too. Tomorrow is LIttle Christmas, so my tree will come down. Today, I am getting ready for that! Also, I will spend some time on the job search, and spend my hour :crocheting. Hopefully, all before the kids get home from school:devil

...anyway, I Love you all, and wish you a fantabulous-ness day!

I'll "catcha" later on! :hug:manyheart:hug

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning Ladies

Today is cleaning day here also. My back is sore so Iam only doing a little each day. I have 4 loads of laundry, 1 in washer, 1 in dryer and 2 to go. Iam downstairs so I think I might vacuum down here also. The it is back to crocheting.

I thought of the idea for a journal because I too have people ask me how much I crochet in a year and now I will know. I crochet soooooo much that I forget everything I made.

I hope today is a great day for everyone. Stacy I read about your temps. can I come to your house please???? I could use some warm weather right about now.

Talk to you later

:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

Mary, I can't send you any warm temps, but how about a warm virtual hug??? :hug I'm sorry your back is hurting -- that makes everything so difficult. I hope you get the work done you want done, and enjoy your time :crocheting.

LeaAnne, I was so happy when everyone pitched in to take our tree down. there was only one broken ornament, and that was entirely my fault, so maybe I shoujld just watch next year?:devil Good luck with your to-do list. I believe you can get it all done before your chickens return to their coop.

Tena, Wow! I hope you are getting some rest! I've heard of project Linus, and I'm so glad you are going to get some nice blankets. How cool for Disney to offer incentive for people to help. I'm sorry you are geting bombarded with so much work at once, but I hope it will slow down a bit for you. Here is an extra :hugfor all you do!

Vicki, I hope your day goes extra well today, to help you get out of your funk. :hug You're entirely too sweet to have a sour day!!!

Joanne, the idea of coffee in the morning with you is very appealing. It would be hard to stop talking to let you go to work, though! :devil

Colleen, I love that play dough recipe. I made it when I worked in preschool. We had to make sure the little ones didn't eat it!!!

Shannon, here's a :hug for you, and a few for your family.:hug:hug:hug:hugI hope you get good news from the doc soon.

Stacy, if you make the kool aid play dough, let us know how it works. Your girls are such fun ages. You are such a good mama, too. I hope your time away from the terror is good!

Scooby, HI! How is your first winter in your new house?

ChayaSar, How is your client?

Everyone else, my son wants me to do school work with him, so I need to go! Have an awesome day!!!

Mary - sorry your back is hurting. :hug hope it feels better soon.

Tena - glad you are getting more helpers/blankets but sorry it's causing you so much extra work and sorry you have no helpers at home :hug

Vicki - :hug hope your days goes better then it started.

Morning. Voice is mostly back. Still need to work on cleaning, haven't had an motivation as the christmas stuff is half up/half down... and it's driving me crazy, but fiance needs to empty a tote for me (he has to go through his papers for what he needs for taxes). Did 3 squares last night as I just didn't feel up to getting out of my chair (not feeling good, the cold is starting to get to me cause our heater doesn't work all that well)

Need to finish filling out my hobby lobby application so I can take it in when fiance get's off work (need to wait til then even though I have a vehicle cause he has to watch Keith) LOL and of course I'll buy some yarn while I'm there... need to print out the 40% off coupon so I can buy some more homespun yarn for my squares... (I rarely buy at full price if I can help it)

Help! :bang

I have gotten lots done today. I decluttered the kitchen, did some decluttering in the living room, some dusting, 4 loads of laundry 2 of which are already folded and...:faint PUT AWAY :clap I went through some old papers and shredded them. I went through the cupboard in the crawl space and wiped out the shelves and assessed the space availability (very little :( ). After lunch I brought DD down to the playroom with me to tidy up. For the most part, it works fine as a place to store toys and for her to play, but this weekend we will have 7 kids here and we need space for them to play. This is where I need the help. Where do I put all the toys?????!!!! I try to get DD to give some toys away, but to be honest she really does play with them all. It's not as if they are not being used. I don't think I have much choice but to give up my little crochet nook :(:cry

Alright, sorry about that. I really needed to :rant a bit. :sigh Time to go clean out the office closet in hopes of finding space for my yarn.

:hug:hug:hug Colleen. You are on a roll! WTG on getting all of the shredding/sorting/organizing done. I think that is the worst part of cleaning. :lol Are you looking for a temporary spot to put the toys, while the children are there? If so, maybe you could just move them to your bedroom, or put some of the "lesser used" toys in the office closet. Somewhere just to make temporary room and you can put them back once everyone leaves. :hug:hug:hug Thanks for that play dough recipe. Our Mommy and Me instructor and Mia's teacher have given me similar ones, and they are quick and easy to make. :yes I used to be very good and organized about doing crafts with the girls, until I had Eva. It seemed that 3 was just too much for me to juggle while doing crafty stuff. I am hoping to change that now that she is older. My kids LOVE arts and crafts.

Sarah, glad to hear you're feeling better. Good luck with your job search and getting the Christmas decorations taken down.

Mary, I'm sorry your back is hurting. You are on a cleaning roll today. Please make sure to take it easy so your back doesn't hurt worse. :hugIf I could bottle up these temps, I'd send a little off to all of you, in exchange for some of that snow. :manyheart

Vicki, sorry you are in a funk today. Extra :hug:hug for you. You went back to work today, didn't you? Hope your first day back went smoothly.

Tena, you have been busy!! Very cool of Disney to team up with Project Linus. Sounds like you will have lots of nice blankets for the kids. Sorry you are not getting extra help at home. :hug

Beth, good luck with lessons today! :hug

Leanne, good luck with getting everything done before the chickens return. Make sure you get to the most important part- the :crocheting. :devil

Lots of :hug for all of my besties today. I have been on a cleaning streak today, too! It's just that time, I guess- the after-holidays clean-up. So far I have done 3 loads of laundry- one in the wash, one in the dryer, and one folded and put away. Taken out the recycling and brought the bins back inside from the curb. Unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher, cleaned up the kitchen and put away all of our stuff that was lying around. Dusted everything in the living room and wiped down the dining room table. The two things I'd still like to do are clean the bathroom and dust the bookshelf in our bedroom. I think I am going to take a shower (:xfin that the shower actually does more than trickle today :angry) and sit down to :crocheting for a little while, before doing the other things. :D

Help! :bang

I have gotten lots done today. I decluttered the kitchen, did some decluttering in the living room, some dusting, 4 loads of laundry 2 of which are already folded and...:faint PUT AWAY :clap I went through some old papers and shredded them. I went through the cupboard in the crawl space and wiped out the shelves and assessed the space availability (very little :( ). After lunch I brought DD down to the playroom with me to tidy up. For the most part, it works fine as a place to store toys and for her to play, but this weekend we will have 7 kids here and we need space for them to play. This is where I need the help. Where do I put all the toys?????!!!! I try to get DD to give some toys away, but to be honest she really does play with them all. It's not as if they are not being used. I don't think I have much choice but to give up my little crochet nook :(:cry

Alright, sorry about that. I really needed to :rant a bit. :sigh Time to go clean out the office closet in hopes of finding space for my yarn.

for Keith's room I use little boxes for little toys and larger boxes for larger toys and put them on shelves (the clear plastic shoeboxes work really well as w/ the lid on you can stack them but still see what's in them) rolling bins like what you use for crafts also works really well for kids toys... he's got two, two shelf bookcases and I'm also using his old changing table as a toy shelf (top part for stuffed animals and bottom two for toys) I also recycle the pullup and wipes boxes to put toys in (like all his mega blocks are in one box, his thomas the train in another, his daddy's old transformers in another...)

Colleen, Vicki - how about sending some of those cleaning vibes over here... lol I sure could use them :lol:clap for getting so much done both of you...

Colleen another thought is storage ottomans as they can double as a playing surface for a child (tea table, workbench... whatever their imagination decides) or a seat as well as the storage...

Thanks so much Stacy and Sarah for the suggestions and the moral support. :hug Everything fits in the play room, it's the space around the toys to play that we need :lol. I do put some toys away temporarily when we have friends over (playdough, tiny small toys that will get spread over every inch of the room, hockey sticks AKA weapons, instruments that they might put their mouths on, etc.). I've got a lot of space dedicated to a desk and crafty things, because she does a lot of colouring and stuff like that, and I put all of that away when friends come (we definitely do not want paints and beads out when there are lots of kids :no). She has a little fold up table that takes up a lot of space and can be easily put away, but she sets it up for tea parties or playing store, so I think that one has to stay. Then there is the dress up section and the baby dolls section--both must haves with 6 little 4 and 5 yo girls :lol. There is just too much! At any rate, I threw a whole bunch of yarn and WIPs in a tote and put it in the crawl space, giving her half my crochet nook for her Barbie castle. I'll sleep on it and see if I'm going to do any more rearranging. I might move her desk back into the nook, making more room in the main part of the room. Maybe when she gets older and outgrows tea parties and baby dolls I can have my nook back. :sigh

I got a lot done today and I feel good about it. I just shoveled the driveway (we got a dusting of snow today).

Sarah - I'm sending my cleaning vibes your way! Maybe you could send me some relax and read and crochet vibes :D

Thanks so much Stacy and Sarah for the suggestions and the moral support. :hug Everything fits in the play room, it's the space around the toys to play that we need :lol. I do put some toys away temporarily when we have friends over (playdough, tiny small toys that will get spread over every inch of the room, hockey sticks AKA weapons, instruments that they might put their mouths on, etc.). I've got a lot of space dedicated to a desk and crafty things, because she does a lot of colouring and stuff like that, and I put all of that away when friends come (we definitely do not want paints and beads out when there are lots of kids :no). She has a little fold up table that takes up a lot of space and can be easily put away, but she sets it up for tea parties or playing store, so I think that one has to stay. Then there is the dress up section and the baby dolls section--both must haves with 6 little 4 and 5 yo girls :lol. There is just too much! At any rate, I threw a whole bunch of yarn and WIPs in a tote and put it in the crawl space, giving her half my crochet nook for her Barbie castle. I'll sleep on it and see if I'm going to do any more rearranging. I might move her desk back into the nook, making more room in the main part of the room. Maybe when she gets older and outgrows tea parties and baby dolls I can have my nook back. :sigh

I got a lot done today and I feel good about it. I just shoveled the driveway (we got a dusting of snow today).

Sarah - I'm sending my cleaning vibes your way! Maybe you could send me some relax and read and crochet vibes :D

lol should I ask my sister for suggestions? she's got 4 girls ages 2, 5, 7 and 9 and they're not in a very big house... (and she's also got a 7 month old boy)... honestly I don't know how she does it..

lol ok we'll trade vibes =0) if only it were that easy...

:hug:hiBesties!!!!! I have been :lurking again when I can. Haven't been around the Ville too much and haven't been posting either. Lots and lots of drama going on here and maybe some big changes are going to be made. I wish I could tell you more than that but I can't do it here. Needless to say the New Year started off with a bang, but not a good one. I hope that all of your New Year's are going better. I have pretty much just been keeping up with what household chores have to be done and keeping myself busy with lots of mindless stuff like :crocheting and :book.:lol I have pretty much become a recluse/hermit the last couple of weeks but things will eventually get better :xfin. Anyways, just wanted to let you all know that I am thinking about you, miss you and I have read thru all the posts. Take care and sending out lots of :hugand :manyheart to you all. I will post again when I can and give you all updates:).

Hi everyone! I got home today at 5PM- what a treat!

Sounds like alot of you have been on a cleaning rampage- good for you! I have a load of laundry in and that's all the cleaning I'm doing---well, except for dinner dishes which will go in the dishwasher and then it will be full and I'll run it.

Colleen- the joys of having a daughter! and all their dress up clothes, tea parties, arts/crafts, barbies, etc, etc....Sorry you may have to give up your crochet nook for a while- but she'll outgrow that stuff before you know it and you'll have it back. They do grow up too fast!!! WTG on all that decluttering and cleaning today! Amazing what having a birthday party at home wil do!

Stacy- You were on quite a little cleaning binge of your own too! BTW, I love your pics of the girls on fb- too cute!!!! Did you get any time to crochet today?

Tena- Wow- how do you do it- all that time with Project Linus and raising your 3 GK's. Sorry that the other adults don't help out with the cleaning. Hugs to you my friend and

Vicki- sorry to hear you are in a funk. How was it today back at school? Are you back to bowling tonight?

Beth- Hope your day went well. Coffee in the AM would be fun, but you are right, I'd be late for work every day!!

LeaAnne- how did your cleaning go today? Any leads on the job front? Did you get your 1 hr crochet time in b/4 the chickens came home? When does your PTO madness start up again.

Mary- Sorry your back is hurting- hope you are taking it easy and don't overdo it with the cleaning,/laundry. And I would love some warm weather too. Too bad Stacy can't send some our way!!!

Sarah- Did you get to Holly Lobby? Good luck with your job search too!

Scooby- missing you and hope all is well

Judy- how are you? Hope you are holding up in the "arctic" cold temps we have been having!

Shannon-how was your day? Did you ever finish your flannelghan? I didn't yet- and hope I'm not the only one who didn't.

I am going to try and crochet a litle tonight since I got home so early- can't believe it's only 5:30 and I have been home, emptied the wastebaskets in the bathrooms and laundry room and the garbage from the kitchen (forget that little bit of tidying), have laundry going and am catching up with all of you!

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Scooby- we were posting at the same time.:hug Sorry about all the drama in your life right now-I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope that things work out. Here's some extra :hug:hug:hug:hug for you!

Hey everyone, wanted to give an update. I was able to see my client today in the hospital, as well as her children, who all thanked me for the care I was able to provide, and told me how well she spoke of me and how I was a blessing.... I have a hard time taking compliments but felt :manyheart inside.

A little before 5 tonight she passed away. It was peaceful, she wasn't in pain, and won't have to be in pain anymore.

I appreciate your prayers and well wishes. You're all awesome! :hug

Hey everyone, wanted to give an update. I was able to see my client today in the hospital, as well as her children, who all thanked me for the care I was able to provide, and told me how well she spoke of me and how I was a blessing.... I have a hard time taking compliments but felt :manyheart inside.

A little before 5 tonight she passed away. It was peaceful, she wasn't in pain, and won't have to be in pain anymore.

I appreciate your prayers and well wishes. You're all awesome! :hug

:hug so sorry to hear that, but at least it was pain free and peaceful. my thoughts are w/ you and her family. :hug

Scooby - sorry to hear that you're dealing w/ drama, it can be draining so make sure you take time for yourself :hug

did not make it to hobby lobby, fiance was late coming home and I'm coming down sick so not up to driving (colds for me generally come w/ dizziness and nausea for some reason, not good idea to drive)

:yay for all the cleaning everyone else is managing.

goodluck job hunting LeaAnne.

have a good evening everyone. I'm going to use up the last of my homespun yarn and then just make the 2 rounds of the italia yarn squares until I run out of yarn or get a chance to go to hobby lobby for more homespun yarn... should be able to tomorrow since tomorrow is fiance's payday and we always go grocery shopping (though since his grandma cleaned out her freezer and gave us the excess we're not really in need of anything other then bread, milk and eggs) she does this every time they go on a diet so it doesn't go to waste so we don't have to buy groceries when she does it

Chaya- I'm sorry to hear about your client, but am glad that she went peacefully and how nice that you were able to see her again today and that the family told you how grateful they were for your caring! Hugs and prayers for you!

Sarah- sorry you didn't get to HL, but hey, tomorrow is another day!

Off to start a scarf for DD with the yarn she picked out last time I visited her in Boston.

Chaya :hug I'm sorry to hear about your client. It is great that you were able to see her today and meet her family and receive their well-earned thanks. What a blessing that she went peacefully. :hug

I am off to reward myself with an indulgent crochet project just for me :hook while I watch the World Juniors Hockey Gold Cup Final Game - Canada vs. the USA! :cheer:cheer Go CANADA! :cheer

Chaya, I'm so sorry to hear about your client. :hug It's so nice that you were able to see her before she passed.

Sarah, good luck getting to HL tomorrow. How nice of his grandma to give you her extra food. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Joanne, I can't wait to see that scarf! :clap for coming home early!

Scooby, so sorry you are dealing with drama. :( That is never fun. I hope everything works itself out soon. It makes me sad to hear that you are keeping to yourself. :hug

Colleen, glad you got the toy situation straightened out, at least for now. I don't have a nook either, so we can be nook-less together. :wink:hug

Ok...I did 5 loads of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, swept and mopped the bathroom floor, swept our floor, dusted, wiped down, and organized our bookshelf and dresser. I also re-hung the hammock, since I made it fall the other day, while trying to untwist it. Brought in the recycling bin and took another bag of trash out. :whew I also managed one snowflake before dh came home. Now waiting for a turn with the oven so I can get dinner started. FIL picked up Mia and took her to their house. She will go to work with MIL tomorrow, then MIL will drop her off and pick up Isabella, who will go with her on Thursday. That should quiet things down around here for a couple of days. :yes

Ok, going to work on another snowflake- I have enough yarn left for at least one. I'm hoping to squeeze two from it. We'll see. :xfin

Hi Ladies

Vicki I hope today turned out better for you :hug

Stacy WTG on all that cleaning :cheer

Shannon hope your dad gets good news for the doc.:cheer

Beth Iam still not understanding that afghan.:(

Scooby I hope things get better. Know that we are here for you :hug

Joanne for getting home early:cheer

LeaAnne Hope you got your crochet time in today:hug

Colleen WTG on the cleaning, sorry to hear you have to give up your nook.:hug

Sarah feel better soon:hug

Chaya sorry to hear about the passing of your client:hug

Tena WOW were do you get the engery:hug

I miss you all. I think Iam in need of a good chat.

Talk to you later

:hug:manyheart

Chaya :hug I'm sorry to hear about your client. It is great that you were able to see her today and meet her family and receive their well-earned thanks. What a blessing that she went peacefully. :hug

I am off to reward myself with an indulgent crochet project just for me :hook while I watch the World Juniors Hockey Gold Cup Final Game - Canada vs. the USA! :cheer:cheer Go CANADA! :cheer

Go USA!!!!

Actually I'm watching the NJ Devils right now- 3rd quarter winning 4-0:clap

:hi Mary! Hope you are feeling better. :hug I am in need of a chat, too. Will everyone be here on Friday?

Colleen- :rofl Good one!

I pulled my snowflake afghan out of the closet, and guess what? I had 4 unfinished snowflakes and another 6 with the border but not attached! :clap I am excited to finish this one, but I will have to look around online to find the green yarn first.

Go USA!!!!

Actually I'm watching the NJ Devils right now- 3rd quarter winning 4-0:clap

Joanne, the game I was watching was much more exciting. USA won in OT, 5-4. :(

Stacy, I've decided I'd rather be Nookless than Hookless :rofl

I'm about 80% done my little project for me :hook

Archived