Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Hiya, Besties!!

I've missed you all so much! DH had to work for two days straight, so I haven't had a computer. I won't be able to catch up on everything, but I'll try.

ChayaSar- I didn't get a chance to tell you how sorry I am that your client passed away. :hugs and prayers for you and her family. I am so glad you were able to see her in the hospital.

Vicki- Happy Friday! Last time I was on you were in a funk. I hope you feel better now. Good luck to DD and her Lima Green belt!

Joanne- :cheer:clap:cheerYou made it!! I am so proud of you. You always have the best attitude about things. You're an inspiration!

LeaAnne- My, you have been busy! WTG on the babysitting job and getting so much done around the house! What kind of things are you making for the hockey games??? That's awesome!:D

Stacy- Love all your pictures! Your girls are too cute! And your hats are lovely! I'm sorry you're having so many problems with roomie. Please know that we are all here for you and think you are AWESOME!!

Beth- I'm so glad you're able to have some nice, relaxing days. And that your back is feeling better. We have Sesame Street and glow-in-the-dark Spongebob band-aids here, and they make me feel better.:P

Mary- Thank you so much for the journal idea. I have such a hard time remembering what size hook I use for my projects. This way I'll know exactly what I use! Hope you're staying warm up there!

Scooby- :hugs for you. I hope that the drama is working itself out, and that you are staying warm!

Colleen- Looks like your CAL is getting very popular! I'm so proud of you!! Have fun at the party tomorrow, and give DD a big birthday hug from me!

I don't know if I'll be here for chat. I'm not sure if DH's computer is fast enough to keep up, but I'll try it and see. DH just woke up and I haven't seen him in a few days! I love you all and will hopefully see you tonight!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning, besties!

Ok, so my chocolate chip banana bread somehow turned out way too sweet, despite it being the same exact mix I used for the muffins (which are perfect.) :think Now I have a stomach ache, first thing in the morning. Waa!

Beth, how nice that you went back to sleep after dh left! I also get the feeling of being fuzzy-headed after going back to sleep. I hope it clears up after you have your coffee! Enjoy your homeschool meeting day.

Joanne, this is your last day!! :cheer Woohoo! I hope you can get out of that party early so you can get some rest. :hug

Colleen, your birthday gifts for dd sound perfect. She will love the Minnie necklace, and of course the mirror to see it in! :wink I love the cupcake idea, too. We did cupcakes for someone's birthday last year (Isabella's, I think) and it was easy-peasy to clean up.

Vicki- 22 degrees! Yikes!! Your poor little trees. I hope the cold front moves out quickly. Good luck to dd tomorrow! Go lima green! :lol

Shannon-ness, Scooby, Mary, Leanne, Sarah, Tena- Happy Friday! :hug Have a good one.

I did not go back to bed after dh left today. Instead, I started a sock for Isabella. I bought the yarn about 2 months ago and just found it yesterday. That will be my project for today. I also need to finish the legs for Mia's cat pillow. Isn't it silly to get burned out when there is only the finishing touches left to finish? :blush

Oh, guess what?! Roomie left the garage door open last night after she came home from school! All night!! Our garage faces an alley, and it has all of our bikes (including dh's rather expensive road bike, because that's the only place to store it) inside. Luckily it seems like nothing is missing, but when I told her, she was very nonchalant about it. :bang

Well I'm going to work on those socks some more. Hopefully I can get them both done today (they are made with boucle so they work up *fairly* quickly.)

TGIF Everyone! :yay

Joanne - A very special TGIF for you :clap You did it! Shannon is right, you do have a great attitude about everything. :yes Thanks for being a good example.

Stacy - Good luck on your socks. :ohdear about roomie leaving the garage door open :angry I think she needs a reality check.

Shannon - I'm so happy to hear from you! We were worried. I hope you enjoy your time with DH. Is he home for a long weekend now? I hope Janna is doing well too!

Beth - Homeschool Meeting day sounds fun.

Vicki - Good luck to your DD on her belt tomorrow!

:hi to everyone else!

I have the house dusted, vacuumed (even the edges and corners :tup), floors mopped, 1 bathroom cleaned 1 to go (later), and 2 loads of laundry on the go. This afternoon I bake cupcakes :cake

Stacy - I am sorry to hear that your banana chocolate chip bread came out too sweet. Could the chocolate chips have done that? Just a thought. Hope your stomach is feeling better this afternoon. What yarn ar eyou using for the socks? What size hook? I want to crochet socks but have never been successful at it.

Colleen - How did the birthday cupcakes come out? I hope they are delicous!

I am almost done with the day! Then it is the weekend! YAY for the weekend! Now we just need to get rid of the cold! Unfortunately that won't happen. The cold is here for the duration.

Have a good rest of the day!

Vicki

Hi Vicki!

I am using Bernat Soft Boucle and a 6 mm hook. Isabella wanted fuzzy slipper socks like mine. I do have some sock yarn that I want to try, but I know it would take me forever to finish even one. So I'm saving it for something else. :lol As for the bread, I'm sure the chocolate chips added a good amount of sweetness but it tastes like I added an extra cup or two of plain sugar to the mix, too. :yuck I made a double batch of batter, and used half for muffins, which turned out pretty yummy. You'd never know they came from the same batter. Oh, well.

Colleen, how did the cupcakes turn out? I bet your house smells yummy right now!

Shannon! It's good to hear from you. I've been thinking of you and hoping all is well. Hope to see you here for chat, but if not, know that we are thinking of you! :hug

Hello everyone!

I'm home from homeschool meeting day. Guess what was waiting for me on my front porch? My order from Joann's came in -- the yarn for the Morroccan Tile afghan for my SIL. I can't wait to dig in, but my daughter really wants me to finish her shrug first. She asked for it a long time ago. So I'll be shrugging this weekend, until it's done.

Hooray for Friday, fuzzy slipper socks, birthday parties, and most of all, BESTIES!!!

post-16396-135897494105_thumb.jpg

:waving, everyone!

Beth ~ :drool I love the colors for your mosaic 'ghan! WTG on sleeping in:c9 Homeschool gaming day sounds fun! Good luck with your new :crocheting students:clap... oh, and tell your inventions "you're welcome" for the cake!:wink

Vicki ~ glad you had a good night's rest! And good luck:clover to DD on her belt test tomorrow! Will you be back for the J-E-T-S game at 2:30 your time?

Colleen ~ have a super fun party tomorrow! I :manyheart the gifts you and DH chose... very nice, practical, and to be enjoyed for a loooonnng time:U

I hope your cupcakes came out as good as mine did... Yummy!

Stacy ~ I hope your tummy is feeling better from the sugar overload this morning! ...and :whew that nothing went missing from the garage! I don't know why I'm saying this, but you should check for spiders who might have gone in there to get warm:eek

Joanne ~ I, too, cast my vote for you having the best attitude about things... :clap:yay:clap:yay for making it to Friday!!! Enjoy the party... I hope you don't get too tired:yawn The JETS are the second game tomorrow:wink:tup My Patriots play on Sunday at 1! :cheer:cheer I am cheering for the Pats and the Saints. although, Dallas and SanDiego seem to be getting hot at the right time:yes. However you slice it, it is going to be a FUN weekend for football!

I stayed up for the game lastnight, to see Alabama win the National Championship. I felt horrible for Colt McCoy, being knocked out in the beginning of the game:( ...poor kid. It was the biggest game of his life, and he missed it. ... did you see Keith Jackson do the coin toss?

Shannon ~ It was so nice to hear from you! I hope you get to enjoy DH tonight. How is Janna? And BigBob and Honey? I have been thinkning about them (and you) a lot this week.:hug

Scooby ~ prayers and :hug for you that you 1. aren't snowed in... 2. have power... and 3. are enjoying a stressfree/dramafree weekend... We sure do miss you!

:waving, Mary! How are you doing up there? Are you doing anything fun? :crocheting anything new? enjoying DS still? How are DH and your Mom doing? Are you getting any rest, now that you have gotten so much cleaning done?

Chaya ~ Thinking of you, and hoping to hear from you soon!

Sarah ~ are you feeling any better today?

Tena ~ I hope you are getting caught up, and getting lots of rest! :hug

:hi to anybody I am forgetting:blush I don't mean it!

Afternoon. Feeling about the same. Just woke up from a nap. Found some picture frames that fiance had pages out of a calendar in and took those out and put some pics of Keith in 2 of them, one of the 3 of his from his mom's wedding last year, and one of his grandparents at his mom's wedding last year...

Being sick has been productive for my squares... I've got 14 done total and am almost out of the 1st skein of yarn bee italia and on my second skein of homespun.. LOL it ran out just as I finished the second row of granny on the 9th square (literally just had enough to finish off that round, with about less then 1 inch to weave in) so had to use the new skein of homespun for the row of single crochet edging.

Keith does not understand that mommy cannot talk right now and keeps pestering me with questions then gets frustrated when I don't answer them all.

Stacy- love the pics of your daughters, their projects and the projects you've done, Sorry Roomie is such an ***

Beth - glad you enjoyed your day yesterday doing nothing

Vicki - I don't know what the temp was here this morning but I know the bucket of water outisde on the porch was frozen when Keith woke me up at 9 this morning, and it was still frozen at 2 when I put him down for his nap...

sorry if I missed anyone... brain not awake yet... (lol and given that it took me three tries to type brain instead of brian tells me I better go find some caffiene)

:hug to everyone, hope you all are having a good day and keeping warm.

Hi all.

I'm thinking I probably won't make it to chat tonight. If not, please know that I miss you all terribly and wish I was here to catch up with you all. I feel so out of the loop. Have a great chat. Don't have too much fun without me!

Sarah- I'm sorry I didn't "say" anything to you in my last post. I hope you're feeling better soon, and that you're staying warm. :hugs to you!

Hi all.

I'm thinking I probably won't make it to chat tonight. If not, please know that I miss you all terribly and wish I was here to catch up with you all. I feel so out of the loop. Have a great chat. Don't have too much fun without me!

Sarah- I'm sorry I didn't "say" anything to you in my last post. I hope you're feeling better soon, and that you're staying warm. :hugs to you!

that's ok =0) :hug

We must be having technical difficulties!! I guess I'll talk to you all another time. Maybe middle of the week? Love you guys!

Hi girls! I came on to see if anyone was here for chat. I guess I missed everyone! I was falling asleep in my chair (gee, now that was something different) and I decided to force myself awake to come on and check in with my besties.

I hope everyone is havin a great night! Talk to you all on the flip side!

Vicki

Hi girls! I came on to see if anyone was here for chat. I guess I missed everyone! I was falling asleep in my chair (gee, now that was something different) and I decided to force myself awake to come on and check in with my besties.

I hope everyone is havin a great night! Talk to you all on the flip side!

Vicki

no I locked up the computer trying to do too much at one time.. LOL

Good evening ladies!

I just finished birthday party preparations for the night and thought I'd come and check in. Not much chatting going on here.

Cupcakes look good, so we'll see how they taste. I had enough batter left over to make a small cake for the "family celebration". DD is so excited. She can barely contain herself. I put up streamers tonight and balloons, stuffed goody bags, and prepared a craft. We're making masks, glued each mask to a ruler so they can hold it up to their face, DH cut out the eyes, and the kids can colour them, put stickers on them, feathers, foam shapes, little bits of yarn ends (yes, I even save my ends sometimes :lol), whatever they want.

Beth - Those are beautiful colours for your mosaic and I have to go look up the pattern to check it out.

Sarah - I hope you feel better soon. :hug I don't suppose those cold temperatures help.

Vicki - Good luck to your DD at her test tomorrow. :cheer I hope you are staying warm.

Mary - How are you! :hi What are you working on these days?

Shannon - I hope you are enjoying having your DH home. :hug

:hi to LeaAnne, Tena, Scooby, Joanne, Stacy, Chaya, Frogger, Judy, whomever I've missed. Love you all! Have a great weekend!

Archived