Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hug to all of my besties today. I did not sleep well at all last night, lucky if I got *maybe* 1/2 of uninterrupted sleep at a time. I am very tired and cranky and way too groggy to answer everyone, but I had to check in. Reading everyone's posts really brightens my day. :manyheart

Scooby, I'm glad you checked in and that all is well. Glad to hear your power is back on. :xfin that it warms up a bit for you.

Joanne, one more day!!! WTG! I will have to go over to the Christmas CAL and check out your scarf- I absolutely love that scarf pattern!! Can't wait to see what else you make to match.

Vicki, good luck to dd on her lima green belt! I think having dd use her money for tournaments is a good idea- it will give her a realistic idea of how much it is to be involved in things like that. :yes Hope your cold weather passes quickly.

Leanne, :woo on finding those jobs. And :whew that the babysitting woman was just busy. :xfin that it turns into something better. And good luck with selling your :crocheting!! That is way too cool! Btw, you can send some of those cupcakes my way. :devil

Tena, glad things are quieting down for you. :yay

Everyone else, sending :manyheart and :hug your way. Have a great Thursday!

Yesterday was nice. I made 3 hats :eek:cheer and finished Klaus' other sweater. I need to get the girls' room cleaned up today. I've found 3 spiders in there, all with 2 bodies and large front fangs/pincers, and I need to find out where they are coming from. :eek:faint I've never seen anything like them and I don't know if they are poisonous. Other than that, I see naps in the future for 2 little girls. They are being quite the duo today. Also x:fin that my car part arrives today, and that it is the correct part. Mia made a cat this morning for Isabella, so I will take a picture of both. I also took a picture of Eva brushing the dog but forgot to add it to my post from yesterday. I will do that later, too. :manyheart

:hi Leanne!

That would be so cool!

I've also been meaning to tell you guys...remember how I found out what Roomie really thinks of me? Well, it definitely was not nice, but can you believe the very next day, she invited me to go to her friend's house for a wine and hot tub party? :think I said no, of course, but what in the world is going on? I am just too old to be playing high school games. Seriously.

Oh dirty diapers! I just lost my long post, and it was so incredibly well-written...

Stacy, :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug Your roommate situation sounds very stressful. Please know that you have a group here that thinks you are amazing, intelligent, fun, interesting, caring, and important. Do you feel the love?

LeaAnne, I love what you said about getting organized and opportunities coming. Things will work out fine for you!

Vicki, sounds like dd is a true tae kwon doer. I am so proud of her. You sound like an amazing mama.

Colleen, what book did you get from the library? Did you find something in it you want to work on?

Joanne, is there much difference between an RN certificate or an Associates in Applied Science with an RN? I'm taking my son to a college next weekend that has the AAS degree It costs more than the certificate program at a nearby hospital. I would like the input from my very favoritemost nurse.

Everyone else, I am ready for my after-lunch nap, so my brain has shut down. Please know that I love you all!:hug:manyheart:hug

:hi ladies!

Stacy - Sorry you didn't get much sleep last night. I can't wait to see your pics! WTG on 3 hats and a dog jacket! :xfin that your car part comes today.

LeaAnne - I am so happy to hear about all your job news! Congrats on the few hours with the 8 mo. old. Sounds heavenly and I wouldn't be surprised if it does lead to something. I love what you said about being organized and ready for the opportunities! Hooray for the idea about the team colours and your crochet :yay I have a feeling you are about to be very busy earning!

Beth - I hope your after lunch nap was good. Mine sure was :lol. The book is called Vintage Crochet. I flipped through it, realized I'd checked it out of the library before (I think I've checked out all the crochet books at the library at one time or another). No projects in it for me right now, but always nice to look. Dirty diapers, I love it!

Got the groceries home and unpacked and I don't feel so well right now. I want to make homemade chicken and rice soup for supper to serve with a baguette, crackers, cheese, veggies & dip. I kinda want to lie down on the couch more though. Oh well, I better get the soup on. I can lie down while it cooks. See ya later alligators.

Ok, as promised, some pictures. The first one is of our tree- sorry it is so late! :blush The second is Isabella's snugglie. The third is of the dog sweater and 2 of the hats I worked on yesterday, and the last one is of the cats that the girls each made. (First two are the ones Mia made this morning and the last is the one Isabella made for Mia yesterday.)

post-22280-135897493942_thumb.jpg

post-22280-135897493946_thumb.jpg

post-22280-135897493949_thumb.jpg

post-22280-135897493952_thumb.jpg

that can be sooo frustrating! After all, how stressful is it to not know which witch she will be today?:lol

:rofl

Yes, doesn't she sound slightly bipolar? And she's going to school for psychology. :rolleyes Pancakes sound yummy- I think that is what we will have, too! :lol I also forgot to say :h5 on getting everything done yesterday! Your cleaning supplies were smokin'! :wink

Colleen, chicken and rice soup sounds yummi-ness, too! I'm sorry you are feeling yucky. Hopefully your soup will help you feel better. :hug

Beth, hope you had a nice nap! :hug

I cleaned the girls' room from top to bottom and didn't find signs of other spiders. Jorge put some stuff in the attic last weekend and I'm wondering if he stirred up something there- maybe they are coming through the vents or something. :think Either way, I did some Google research :yuck and it seems like the ones I've found aren't poisonous- just ugly. :whew

I'm thinking of walking to the store for some flour. I have about 3 lbs of bananas that are looking good for banana muffins/bread. :drool

Stacy - I love your hats, doggie sweater and Isabella's snuggly (very creative!). The tree picture is beautiful. I must apologize, I couldn't see the tree in yours or LeaAnne's pics because I was looking at the beautiful chickens instead. That is so cute, the three of them all on-top of each other. :manyheart Your girls cats are cute too! :manyheart

LeaAnne - Pancakes are a great supper :clap

I am feeling much better. I got the soup on and then made myself a coffee and enjoyed the one last biscotti I discovered unexpectedly in the cupboard while looking for the bay leaves :c9 Just needed a recharge!

Soup turned out pretty good and I skipped the veggies and dip and crackers and cheese, so we had soup and baguette. Yum!

Stacy~ I'll trade you... cupcakes for banana bread! :P:lol Have you ever tried banana pancakes? I would like to, but haven't yet. There's a recipe online for banana pancakes with pineapple syrup... YUM!

Your girls are BEAUTIFUL! That is my first time seeing them, since I have yet to get the high sign to join Facebook:blush I also love the earflap hat! Where did you find the pattern for that? Your crochet work is just lovely... you should be proud of you!

Colleen - the soup and baguette sounds wonderful! (as do the coffee and biscotti!)... I would've skipped the veggies and dip, too:yes

I am glad that you were just in need of a recharge:hug

Hey, Joanne, Vicki, Sarah and Shannon... are you going to watch the big game tonight? Texas vs. Alabama:cheer should be a great game! ...does anyone else miss Keith Jackson announcing the college football games?

:waving to Mary, Beth, Scooby, Tena, Chaya, and all my cleanin' buddies... I hope you all had a great day!

I'll be back later on... gotta get my 2 little ones showered and pick a :crocheting project before the game starts!

Hello. Spent most of the day in the chair, slightly dozing (not asleep, but not awake, just aware enough of what Keith was doing so he couldn't get into something he wasn't supposed to). Then took a nap when Keith did. Fiance woke us when he came home. Still not really all here. Voice is gone again. Hope everyone is having a good day, not up to answering each person. Laters.

Wow- lots to read today!

Stacy -thanks for all the pics- love everything! And I love the earflap hat- pattern please?

LeaAnne- WTG on all that you are getting accomplished- and the job (that I'm sure will lead to some other jobs) and the selling crochet! You are really on a roll!

Beth- you crack me up with your sayings- I'll have to remember that- Dirty Diapers!!! As far as nursing- I would definitely recommend the AAS program - this way if your DS wants to go further- say for BSN, it will be a seamless transition. Many 2 year community colleges have articulation programs with 4 year programs. My DD went to Rutgers and earned her BSN and she started out with a higher salary than nurses with an Associate Degree and associate degree nurses usually start out with higher salaries then diploma nurses. There are many hospitals that offer tuition reimbursement so technically after getting the 2 year degree, he could get a job and continue on with his education for a BsN. Also, many hospitals offer to pay back student loans if you agree to give them a certain amount of years. My DD had some of her student loans paid off this way (not all, but some which was a big help). There is always talk of making all nurses have bachelors degrees. I strongly recommend the AAS program (apply for financial aid if needed) http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/ So happy to hear that there will be another nurse in the ranks. And it is a wonderful career for a man- my DH started out as a nurse and was able to use that background to move into other areas in the hospital- (he should be hearing next week about the job) My cousin's DD is graduating from Pitt this year! My stepdaughter got her associates degree in nursing 2 years ago- she did some travel nursing- (nice way to see other places) and is now settled down in Alabama (right by GA border) and is now going to go back to school to get her bachelors degree.

Vicki- Go LIMA Green on Saturday!!!

Colleen- WTG on all you have been getting done- and have fun with DD at her party-4/5 years old- so much fun!!

Well, I didn't get out of work until 6:30 tonight- and my new eyeglasses were in so I stopped by to pick them up and didnt get home till about 8. Seems like pancakes is the dinner of choice- I cracked up when I read that is what LeaAnne and Stacy were having. When I got home, guess what DH had made for dinner? Yup- you guessed it pancakes!!!

I probably won't be here for chat tomorrow night. DH called me at work today and said he made a mistake on the date for the Sweet 16 party we are going to--it's not Saturday night- it's tomorrow night!!! Only good thing is that frees up Saturday to get the Christmas things put away and then I can crochet in the evening. But I'll miss chat and I was so looking forward to it after all this work!

Think I'll go watch the game and unwind a bit and call it a night. I am TIRED!!!!

Love ya all!:manyheart

Joanne, how funny that you had pancakes also! :lol It's too bad that you won't be here for chat! You will be missed. :hug Have fun at the Sweet 16 party! Tomorrow is day 12!! :cheer:cheer As for the earflap hat- it is in this month's issue of Crochet Today. :tup

Leanne, all you have to do to make banana pancakes is use your usual pancake batter, and mix in about a cup of mashed or diced banana. :D Sometimes I add a bit of vanilla and a pinch of sugar, for taste, but usually not. That pineapple syrup does sound interesting, though! I went to Smart and Final and all they had was a 10-lb bag of flour! Looks like I will be having LOTS of banana bread and muffins. :rofl Good thing I have so many bananas. Maybe I'll do one with chocolate chips, too. :drool

Colleen, soup and baguette sounds wonderful! Yum! Thanks for the compliment about my girls. I think they're kinda cute- but I might be biased. :wink I'm glad you are feeling better. :hug

Ok, time to make the muffins! :lol Have a good night and enjoy the game (for those of you watching it!)

Stacy, LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics!!! Your babies are adorable!!! Too cute. And your projects are so nice. They look professional. I really like the cats, though. Your dds did a wonderful job on them! How sweet!!!

Joanne, thanks for your input about the nursing degrees. I had no idea how it worked before I started researching, but it's so good to hear from someone living that life what it actually means. Thanks so much!!!:hug

Sarah, feel better soon, sweetie!!! I'm glad you got a good rest in today. I hope you find your voice soon.

LeaAnne, I blame YOU! I HAD to make chocolate cake today -- I think it was those cupcakes you mentioned calling to me.

Colleen, so glad to hear you are feeling better.

I had a lovely day doing absolutely nothing. I want to go do more of that!!!

LeaAnne, I blame YOU! I HAD to make chocolate cake today -- I think it was those cupcakes you mentioned calling to me.

I had a lovely day doing absolutely nothing. I want to go do more of that!!!

:devil:P Anytime!!!! :rofl. It's so good to hear that I had company in the chocolate department! :heehee

Guess what I am planning to do tomorrow? :yes you guessed it... NOTHING!:D So, can I blame you back??:lol:haha

Stacy ~ Banana bread with chocolate chips sounds yummy! Thanks for the tip on the pancakes... I will be trying it really soon:U

Hey, isn't that the hat you made for the Christmas CAL? I followed the link and found it:blush ... :oops now I gotta go buy another :crocheting mag?! :devilWhat a shame! :lol

Joanne ~ What a riot that we all had the same menu tonight! :lol It's kinda like we got to eat dinner together, right?:P Sorry to hear that you won't be at chat... You have been so looking forward to it, too:(

Hey, who knows, there might still be some of us here when you get home!:devil, and like you said, now your Saturday is freed up to :crocheting away, while you watch some playoff football!!!

Sarah ~ Feel better soon! I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight:hug

To all the rest of my besties... :hug I am thinking of you!

All righty, I gotta go watch the 2nd half till it watches ME! :lol

Peace out!:night

I'm making chocolate cupcakes tomorrow! DD's request for her birthday. She actually wanted a round cake, but no layers :think. I talked her into cupcakes. No cutting, just hand each kid a cupcake, ta da! She got these little princess cupcake liners and little princesses to stick on top of each one from my Grandma for Christmas, so they'll be cute. Chocolate, white icing.

I just wrapped the gifts. I think it was Vicki who asked what she is getting. She is getting a full-length mirror for the wall behind her door. She is always trying on dress up clothes and looking in our mirror, so we thought she'd like it. We also got her a book, some plain hotwheels tracks, and a little Minnie Mouse locket I bought her at Disney World. We started a tradition last year that I buy her a little piece of jewelry each birthday. It's right after Christmas, so she doesn't need toys and I hope it will continue to be a nice tradition as she gets older.

Sarah - I hope you feel better. :hug

Joanne - :yay for the last day!

LeaAnne - Enjoy your day off tomorrow. You so deserve it! :hook

Beth - It sounds like your DS has a good head on his shoulders to pick such a practical and important future profession. How was your cake?

Stacy - Enjoy your muffins. I put chocolate chips in my banana bread too. I also put them in my pancakes :devil You have reminded me that I have some bananas in the freezer I need to make into something. :think

I got some good work done on my scarf tonight, so I feel good about that. I'm not sure if I'll be here tomorrow night for chat what with the party being Saturday morning. We'll see. :hug to all!

Good early Friday morning! Day 12 of 12 is finally here and I can say TGIF!!!!!!:clap:clap:clap

After I logged off last night, I went upstairs to watch the game and I think the game watched me after only 10 minutes or so- hence, I am up extra early! Why can't I sleep more than 5 hrs or so? I'll be tired tonight at the party, but it'll be a good excuse to leave early- This is for the daughter of one of my DH's staff- so it's not like it's family or anything!

Colleen- Your tradition sounds wonderful-I'm sure she is going to love her Minnie necklace!! Have fun at the party and the cupcakes sound perfect. Much easier than cake for sure!

LeaAnne- have fun doing nothing today- I am jealous:lol

Beth- glad the info was helpful- and good luck to DS in choosing where he wants to continue his education.

Sarah- hope you are feeling better and your voice starts coming back

Mary- How is the visit going with DS? Are you keeping warm up in God's country

Scooby- I heard that Nebraska is getting hit with snow- hope your electricity stays on and that you are ok. Hugs for you that whatever drama is going on works itself out

Vicki- Its Friday!! TGif, TGIF- boy does that sound good. What time are the Jets playing tomorrow?

Stacy- I know I am tired when I asked you for the pattern for the hat. I know you had mentioned that you were going to make the one from the Crochet Today issue and I have that issue and know it was in there :lol Brain cells on overload here in NJ:lol

Everyone have a terrific day and let me say it one more time TGIF:clap:clap:clap:clap

I stepped out of my house today and it is SO COLD! My car told me it was 22 degrees outside! My poor little robelini palm trees are all wrapped up (they look so pitiful!) and my pool filter is running to keep it from freezing at night! We just need to make it through Saturday night and then a warm up will start to happen. It will still be cold Sunday by Texas standards (40's), but we won't be in the freezing temps at night and we can begin to unwrap everything.

I picked up my crochet hook last night for the first time in about three weeks! I was watching the Rangers play the Thrashers and I did five rounds of a baby sweater sleeve and I must have relaxed so much I promply fell asleep in my chair! Next thing I know the dogs are barking, I am losing my hooks and it is time for DD to go to bed, so I just put it away and went to bed. I slept the whole night! YAY me!

Colleen - DD is going to have fun at her party! YAY for cupcakes and the presents sound wonderful! I hope she likes them! I love the idea of the full length mirror and the Mimmie Mouse necklace. Those sound great! How was the soup?

Stacy - I add chocolate chips to pancakes when hubby isn't home. He isn't supposed to have them and doesn't like them in his pancakes. DD and I on the other hand love them! When he isn't home and we make them for dinner we add them in! Pancakes make a great dinner! The girls are beautiful! Your projects are gorgeous as well!

LeaAnne - What did you end up working on for the game? Anything good?

Sarah - Hope you are feeling better today. The cold is not helping I am sure! Stay warm today! If you can get through the weekend you are set! It will get warmer by Monday!

Beth - YAY for a doing nothing day! Do you get to have another one today?

Joanne - Have fun at the sweet 16 tonight. and it is your TGIF! YAY YOU! You made it through 12 days! You can have a relaxing day tomorrow! What project will you work on after the Christmas decorations are down?

I hope to be around for chat tonight. That is if I remember and don't fall asleep in my chair as I have been doing lately! I will come on tomorrow and let everyone know how DD does on her belt test. I am sure she will do fine. I love watching her test for her belts! I missed the last one, so I get to see this one!

TTFN!

Vicki

:morcoffee

Hi everyone! I went back to bed after sending my dh off to work, and just woke up! It felt GOOD, too, but my head feels kind of cobwebby. Haven't had my coffee yet...

Vicki, I'm so glad you got a good night sleep. I hope everything survives those horrid temps. We got a dusting of snow last night, whcih is very odd. Today is homeschool meeting day - first bowling, then game day. Poor David has training at work during the game day meeting, but he usually doesn't attend those. I have 2 new crochet students coming to game day today -- wish me luck!

Joanne, :cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer You made it!!! Happy Friday!!! Here's to a Saturday with no party!!!

Colleen, dd's birthday party sounds wonderfully perfect! I love the gifts, too. Hotwheel tracks are lots of fun. Jewelry is so princess-ish, and the mirror is a necessity! She'll love that for years!!!

LeaAnne, I'll gladly take credit for your day of doing nothing, and you can take credit for the day of chocolate cake over here!!! My children thank you, by the way.

Sarah, I hope you feel better.

Mary, I hope you aren't freezing in God's country!

Shannon, I hope Louisiana family is doing fine.

Tena, I hope you aren't working too hard, and your gks are all well.

Scooby, I hope you aren't buried in snow, and your drama's final curtain falls.

Jennifer, I hope college is going well for you, and you are still crocheting for your consignment store.

Everyone, have a wonderful FRIDAY!!!:cheer:hug:manyheart:clap:yay

Archived