Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Colleen, love that line "I'd rather be nookless than hookless." You crack me up! But trust me on this -- your dd will be grown before you know it!!! Maybe, in a couple years, you can get her addicted to crochet, too, and you can share a nook! So, what is your indulgent crochet project just for you?

Stacy, good luck finding the yarn you need for your snowflake ghan. How exciting to come back to a project with renewed interest.

Joanne and mary, nobody up in the wee hours? I was hoping for some company!

Mary, that afghan is made one half-circle at a time. The dark beige is first. Then the "deep pink" is attached to the dark beige, and that half circle is made. The pattern calls for making long strips of all the colors (30 motifs) and sewing them together. Does that explain it any better?

Sarah and LeaAnne, good luck with job hunting!

Tena, I hope you aren't working too hard.

Shannon and Scooby, I hope you and your families are all doing well.

Here's a big :hug for everyone.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was cracking up with the "nookless in seattle" and the I'd rather be nookless than hookless. Actually, I got a nook (e-reader from Barnes and Noble) for Christmas, so I'd rather NOT be nookless OR hookless!!!:rofl

I plan to be here on Friday night for chat- its been a while it seems and I'll finally have finished working my last day b/4 2 days off!!

Stacy that is fun that you found the snowflake afghan and are excited to finish it.

I am about 1/4 way done on the border of the scarf I started last night- Colleen, you were right- this is a fun scarf- fast, easy, mindless---the way I like it. Should be done tonight! Then I need to make a hat to go with the scarf!

Have a wonderful day Besties!

Good morning all! I am feeling a little better today. I think we got the unemployment straightened out, so hopefully that will kick in soon. Hubby has a new lead on a job, so we are waiting to see if they call. I hate this part.

Anyway, I did not go bowling last night. My stomach was bothering me and I was soooooo tired. I went to bed at 8:30 and I actually slept very well last night! Now it is back to the work day. I think this is what I need. I need the routine.

Chaya - I am so sorry to hear about your client. Please accept my condolences on her passing.

Stacy - You were quite busy yesterday! You go girl!

Colleen - Did you figure out your space problem?

Joanne - You are on day 10! You are almost there!

Good morning Beth! I hope you have a great day!

I need to get some stuff done for one of the teachers who will not be in today. I have to print something that she e-mailed me last night. I will check back in later!

TTFN!

Vicki

:coffee I'm a bit behind some of you on my coffee :lol

I think I need a new body. My knee/leg has been bothering me and then I was awoken several times in the night last night with kinks in my neck :( Not good. :no It's like a new year started and my warranty ran out or something :rofl

It was a VERY cold walk up the hill to school today so I'm sipping my coffee and defrosting before I go out to do errands. :wbrr Last birthday gift to buy and supplies for lasagna tonight. DH's birthday is next week. Yes, DD and DH are only 4 days apart. When DD was born I told DH that means pink Barbie cake for him :lol I'm going to try to get his gifts while I'm out today too (:xfin hopefully).

Have a good day everyone!

Morning. since misery loves company my son has joined me w/ this cold... =0( finished another square last night, have 8 done now... don't know how many I'll end up w/ though or how big it'll be... but that's the fun part, finding it out =0)

Colleen - hope your knee starts feeling better soon

Vicki - glad you are feeling better and things are going better for you.

hope everyone is doing good

:hug to everyone.

Colleen, you are just full of wonderful quips! :lol I'd definitely rather be nookless than hookless. Being hookless (by your own accord, even) is the pits. I'm sure your warranty hasn't expired- you did a LOT yesterday- including cleaning out the crawl space. That is probably why you are so sore. :yes Good luck with your birthday shopping.

Beth, :clap for no more early days!

Joanne, you are almost there!! 2 more days- you can do it!

Vicki, I'm happy that you are feeling better. :hug Good luck to dh on that job lead.

Shannon-ness, I am thinking of you today and hoping all is well in your end of the world. :hug

Leaane, how goes the job search? Did you get more snow?

Judianne, you haven't posted in a while. I hope all is well with you! :hug

Scooby, how are you today? Thinking of you and praying that the drama clears up. :hug

Mary, how is the snow in God's country today? Are you resting with your :crocheting after your cleaning streak? :hug

Tena and Sarah- happy Hump Day! Have a great one. :hug

My plans for today- sit on my badorkus and :crocheting. Isabella wants to do a craft and I do have to run to the store for some dinner things. I am also :xfin that my car part arrives today.

It is quiet here without Mia. Isabella is playing her DS and Eva is just hanging around, playing with my chapstick and brush. I got a really cute picture of her "brushing" Roomie's dog's coat today, while mumbling to herself, "Jersey so pretty." :rofl I'll see if I can add the pic here.

I am off to find the supplies for the craft, then a project. BBL! :hug

Hi Ladies

Iam on a cleaning roll today. Not too much of a roll cause I don't want my back to be really sore again. I have done dishes, vacuumed, put things away and took out the garbage to be burned.

I hope everyone is having a great day

Talk to you later

:hug:manyheart

Hi Gang!

I am sooo tired I need a nap! I want to go to sleep!

Colleen - I hope your knee is feeling better today. Stacy is right. You did a lot of cleaning so you are probably sore from that.

Mary - Take is easy and don't do too much!

Stacy - Enjoy your quiet day!

I need to go get some paper work on a student done. Then I have to go to class! See you all later! I just wanted to come by and see what was going on here this afternoon!

Bye for now!

Vicki

Chaya ~ :hug so sorry for your client's passing. I will think of you and her family in my prayers. It is good, though, to be in peace and not in pain anymore. :hug

Beth ~ :clap for no more early mornings this week! Have you started those ghans yet? :drool

Joanne ~ :yay Only 2 days left! :dance and another :crocheting project to be completed tonight? Wowzers! You sure are on a roll!

Vicki ~ I hope you are feeling better... :xfin on DH's job lead and :applause for strightening out unemployment. That must be a load off:whew...

Colleen and Stacy ~ I have been a cleaning nut just like you! hey, I am nookless, too... can I be the Boston end of "Nookless in Seattle"? :rofl:rofl You guys crack me up! :lol

Colleen ~ take care of your knee... and :yes your warranty is still good! :wink

Mary ~ How are you doing? Are you taking care of your back?

I started a journal, too, after reading your idea. Mine, though, is on 1 side of the page cleaning, and :crocheting on the other. :ty:ty for the idea! I am feeling soooo much better because of it! isn't it funny how little things can make you feel soooo goood?!:hug:hug I hope you are having a great visit with DS! How long is he staying?

Shannon ~ Any word about BigBob's Biopsy yet? I continue to pray for you, sis, and Honey, right along with BigBob:hug:hug:hug Are you doing ok? How is our Janna? Any good adventures to share? Will you be at chat on Friday night?

Sarah ~ :hug Feel better soon! Good luck with the Hobby Lobby, too. Maybe you'll feel up to going tomorrow.

Tena ~ I hope you are getting enough rest, and that you have commandeered some aid on the cleaning front:hug:hug You are an amazing lady!

Scooby ~ :hug:hug:hug sorry to hear that you are in a bad patch. We are here if/when you want to talk about it:(:(

:waving and :hug to anybody I mighta missed... I sure didn't mean it:no

Tonight we are taking down the tree:yay It is tradition that we put it up as a family, and take it down as a family:manyheart ... we also still eat dinner together, every night, which my oldest 2 informed me that NO-body does anymore! ...:think:scrachin... maybe that's what's wrong today... lack of good ole family values;)

I'll catch you all as soon as I can... and catch you all up on what else is goin on 'round here :wink

I am thinkin of you:hug

:hi Leanne!!

We eat as a family, too! So you can tell your oldest ones that SOME people still do. :lol WTG on your cleaning streak, and on your journal. It sounds good in theory but I am not ready to be that organized just yet. :blush

I straightened the bathroom, made the bed, did a craft (Isabella made a "welcome home" cat for Mia) and went to the grocery store. We had lunch and now I am going to :crocheting while watching the girls play in the front yard. It feels soooooooooo nice to not do anything! :c9

Hi everyone!

Beth- yay for you- don't have to be up as early! That's great news! I, on the other hand will still be up around 5 or so ---that is until Saturday!!!

Colleen- you have done a ton (hey that rhymes:lol) cleaning getting ready for DD's Birthday party- that is probably why the knee is sore- and the neck. And I don't think your warranty has expired yet:lol You really have a great way with words- love it. Hope you got DH's present too- and yes, i think a pink Barbie cake is perfect-ness for him too:lol

LeaAnne- We used to eat together as a family too (b/4 divorce and after divorce:) I think it is important to spend time together as a family. Glad to hear that some people still do that!!! You too Stacy :yes.

Stacy- Hope you get a pic of Eva brushing the dog. And glad you are having a relaxing day- crafting it up!!

Vicki- Good news about getting the unemployment straightened out and hope that you are not to tired when you got home. Fingers crossed that something comes along for DH soon- cause then I know you'll feel much more relaxed

Shannon- thinking of you and praying for good results on Big Bob's tests!

Scooby- here's another :hug

Sarah- sorry to hear that Keith and you are not feeling well- I guess HL will wait another day.

Mary- Glad that you are pacing yourself with your cleaning so your back doesnt act up again.

Which reminds me, Beth -how has your back been feeling? and your leg?

Tena- Thinking of you and all that you are doing. I thought I had alot to do with all the work, but raising 3 kids is the tough work (I know, been there, done that:lol)

Judy- Hope all is well with you

Have fun taking the tree down tonight LeaAnne. Mine will be up until Saturday when I have more energy- Tonight is another sit on the ole badorkus night and :crocheting night and early to bed night. I think these 12 days of working are catching up- but hey only 2 more to go:clap:clap:clap

have a great night everyone:manyheart

:hi everyone!

:yay for family dinners! :hug to all of you who still do them. We do too, now that I'm not working evenings. And the TV must be off during dinner at our house. We have family breakfasts on the weekend too.

I got DD's last gift and returned a sweater I had given DH for Christmas (the stripes were too busy, apparently :P). I had no luck finding what I had in mind for him, but he asked if he could have the money back from the sweater and whatever I would have spent on his birthday gift to buy a new belt for the snowmobile or something :shrug:yes That means I'm done :clap I'll get something small to wrap up from DD. I also picked up a new pair of winter boots for my growing girl.

DD and I played outside with her sled after school and I discovered that we have almost worn it out, so that would have been a good idea to tell MIL who asked 10 times what to get her for her birthday. :blush Oh well, maybe she'll just have to come up with her own ideas. :devil

Shoveled the driveway again, one load of laundry, vacuumed the basement, changed DD's bed, kitchen all clean, lasagna was delish. Pretty sure I earned my :crocheting time today :hook

My knee is almost all better, but my neck is still sore. I used a hotpad on it today and probably will again this evening.

Thinking about you all and hoping you had a great day! Happy :crocheting for all those who get to this evening. :hug

Good evening,

Things are starting to slow down and my assistant is able to help some.

I haven’t done much else other then Linus and very basic family care since last Fri. So today I got busy and did some dishes and laundry in between calls and answering questions and collecting blankets. At least I’m not glued to the computer now that JoAnn is able to help.

Beth: Thanks for the good thoughts, I can really use them. I’m glad you will be able to sleep in a bit

Vicki: I’m glad you slept well, sorry your tummy wasn’t feeling well. Hope the job pans out for DH

Colleen: I think my warranty ran out when I hit 50

Sarah: Hope you and your son get over your colds fast

Mary: Sounds like a roll to me, Way to Go!

Hi Chaya, sorry to hear of the passing of your client.

:hiScooby, LeeAnn, Stacy, Judy, Joanne and everyone elso:hug

Hope to be able to come to chat Fri night too, if I have a life by then

I need to go back and read about this nookless thing, sounds interesting.

I have been crocheting a few rows each night before I go to sleep, helps relax me.

Have a good night you all,

tena

I finished the Happy Hooker one skein scarf for combo WinterWonderland themed project and gift for DD- I made it with the yarn she picked out in Boston- Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash Wool- it is so soft and glided over the hook! I hope she likes it- I have plenty left since we bought 4 skeins, so I hope to make a hat and fingerless mitts to match and maybe I'll have enough to make a scarf for a gift for someone next year.

I posted the picture on the Caroling CAL. It is a pretty green-but it was hard to get a good picture of it at night- the color can be found here

http://www.cascadeyarns.com/cascade-superwash.asp It is Color #866

Off to catch some shut eye!:hug

Mary - yay for cleaning but don't overdo it... =0) glad your back is feeling a little better

Vicki - did you get your nap? are you ready for the cold weather coming our way? lol I think Keith will be the warmest of us given how many blankets and stuffed animals he sleeps w/... (last count was 8 blankets ranging from baby to throws, plus his sheet, 2 regular blankets and his comforter and 15 stuffed animals of varying sizes)

Beth - yay for no more early mornings though to me 7 am is early LOL (Keith rarely wakes before 8 am)

Tena - you're amazing w/ all the stuff you do and raising your grandkids, I know it's hard work and that your gk's are lucky as I was raised by my grandparents and am very glad they did...

Stacy- hope you enjoyed your day

Joanne- the scarf is lovely, really love the color. one of my favorite shades of green =0)

we also eat as a family most of the time though sometimes we don't turn the TV off as it makes a good threat when Keith is being picky (he loves wheel of fortune and threatening to turn it off will make him eat his meat, we have no trouble getting him to eat veggies, it's meat he's picky on)

:hug to everyone and hope you all have a goodnight.

Well did go to Hobby Lobby... but not to turn in application, that'll wait til my head isn't feeling so thick. Bought 2 more skeins of homespun since they have the 40% off coupon on their website to print (I bought one and had fiance buy the other one so could use 2 coupons today)... I'm getting about 9 squares per skein of Homespun but haven't made it through the 1st skein of the italia yet... so still no idea on the size yet or if I'll end up getting a 3rd yarn (thinking chocolate brown) to do for centers if I need more squares after I finish the skeins of italia...

Hi besties!!!! Just stopping in to say I am still here and making it :lol. Didn't do a whole lot today as we have some very cold wintery weather coming in with more :2snow. I think we are sitting at about 5 degrees but feels like -18 with the windchill. Today we had ice and lost electricity for the biggest part of the morning and early afternoon. The schools let out early today and are closed tomorrow. Looks like we will start warming up Sunday or Monday. I hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying some nice :crocheting time. Thinking about you all and sending out lots of :hugand :manyheart to you.

Good morning everyone!

Hope you all have a good think warm day- it seems that this arctic cold is hitting alot of us! Even our TX friends! I can't wait for spring!

WTG on getting the 2 skeins of yarn with your coupons Sarah.

Beth- I hope you enjoyed your "late" morning! (late for me, not for most :lol)

Scooby- Glad you stopped by! Ice storms are not fun- been through one a couple of times- Glad that you have your electricity back! Keeping you in my thoughts!

Everyone else- I'll be thinking of you and wondering what you are all up to today and will check back in after work-:manyheart

:morcoffee

I am so glad we have each other.:hug:manyheart I get so much joy just reading how we cheer each other on, and share everything. I love having so many cyber-sisters!!!

Since you've asked, my back is feeling fantastic!!! I can actually do everything. It's great to do simple things without thinking about how to move. My leg is coming along well, too. Last time I bought bandaids, my son grabbed Scooby Doo bandaids, saying they'd make me feel better. (he's right!) I still need something bigger, but when I'm done with the box of larger adhesive pads, I think I'll be ready for Scooby!

Speaking of Scooby, :hi Scooby! I hope you stay warm, and don't lose power.

Sarah, so glad you got some nice yarn. I hope your head feels better soon.

Joanne, I haven't been to the Caroling Cal to see your scarf yet, but I :drool that yarn!!! Your dd has great taste! Can't wait to see the finished project! Guess what? Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!:clap:yay

Tena, :hug I'm glad your helper is... well... helping. I think your project is awesome. I told my dd about it when that commercial came on. She is impressed.

Colleen, are you enjoying your family's birthday week? I hope you are staying warm and dry. I love it when my dh picks his own gifts. I prefer to buy for myself, too. Your house must be spotless. You've been working like a whirlwind.

Stacy and LeaAnne, our goal is to eat as a family, but some days I leave for work before my oldest gets home from work, and my other two have their evening activities in there, and we're lucky if we all eat!!!

Vicki, did you get a nap? I've heard that you have a sleep deficit problem if you fall asleep in class -- and you're the teacher....

Mary, take care of your back, sweetie!:hug I need someone to roll that cleaning roll my way! I just want to :crocheting:crocheting:crocheting

Shannon, I hope you and your family are well. I miss our Jenna stories!!!

Big :hug to everyone! Happy Thursday to you all.

Happy Thursday! It is still a little warm here, but that is going to rapidly change! The cold air is getting ready to push its way here and Sarah, Shannon and I will be in for quite a cold snap! This is not why I moved south! We will be running a good 25 degrees colder than we should be!

I did not get my nap yesterday. I got home and yesterday was tae kwon do night. I had to pay for DD's belt test. She goes for lima green on Saturday and she is already talking about the next tournament in the spring! She is making my head spin. It is good exercise for her and she really likes it, so I will try to find a way to keep her in. Her money may have to be used. At least for tournaments and things like that.

Then when we came home I watched the Rangers beat up on the Stars. Yes, the Devils beat them the other night and now it was the Rangers turn to do it. Sean Avery had an awesome night and was all over the ice and had a 4 point night, which is great. He was really keyed up for the game. Then I went to bed and had a fairly decent night sleep. Now it is back to the grind and getting all my paper work done! Lots of it to do!

Colleen - Have fun getting the birthday party together! What is DD getting for her birthday?

LeaAnne - We still eat as a family! Every night! When hubby was working late was the only time we didn't eat with him, but otherwise, DD and I sat and ate together every night. Lots of people still do that.

Sarah - Are you ready for the cold? I am so not ready and so not looking forward to it! It needs to come and go as quickly as possible!

Tena - Hope the GKs and having a great week! Glad you hve a helper and that Project Linus is going better!

Scooby - has the drama slowed down a little? GLad you have your power back and hope you are staying warm!

Stacy - You need to take a picture of the welcome home cat! I would love to see it!

Joanne - 1 more day! You are done!

Beth - YAY for your back and leg feeling much better! I hope they continue to feel great! Did you start the Christmas ghans for your nieces yet?

Shannon - Any word on the biopsy yet? Let us know how everything is.

I will come back and check in later! Talk to you all later!

Vicki

Good day friends!

Just home and lunched after the first swimming lesson of the session. DD did fabulously!

Beth - Glad to hear your back and leg are better. Scooby Do bandaids sound fun! That would cheer me up too :yes We have Barbie bandaids at our house ;) I see on fb one of your babies is looking at colleges! Is that for this coming fall? How exciting!

Joanne - By the time you read this, you will only have one day left :yay

Scooby! :hi so nice to hear from you. I hope the weather passes quickly. You've had quite the winter over there already...must be a big shock for a Southern girl! What are you crocheting these days?

Tena - Glad things are quieting down for you.

I have some dishes soaking in the sink to wash up. I got a crochet book from the library, so after the dishes I'm going to enjoy some quiet time with my book before we go for groceries.

Whassup, Ladies?!

I hope you are all nice and warm today! ... What a crazy winter so far... so cold!

Scoob ~ :ty for checkin in... glad you are getting to :crocheting. I hope everything else is going well:hug

Beth ~ I am with you about the cyber-sisterhood! :hug I am so very thankful that you are all here! You all are unreal... :cheer, sharing,:hugs :kick, inspiring...:dreaming... and best of all... the :lol:rofl:heehee Just when we need them!

I am glad that your back is feeling better. :lolabout the Scooby BandAids... your DS is pretty funny (and thoughtful!)

Stacy ~ That is so cool that you had a "do nothing" kind of day yesterday... You have more than earned it, that's fer sure! :wink:hug So, what are you and your girlies up to today? Has Eva told you any great stories? Is she still :blah up a storm?

Colleen ~ WTG on being done and ready for your :cake:party! It sounds like all you girls are going to have a Wonderful time! :yay:yes:yay Don't forget to pace yourself, and don't forget to play at the party! That's the best part: getting to know DD's friends!:devil ... I hope you got to enjoy your book!

:wavingMary! Are you done cleaning yet? How many items have you logged into your journal? I am thinking of you and hoping that your day is splendid-ness, and that you are stayin nice and warm up there in God's country!:hug

Sarah ~ WTG on using 2 coupons... how are you feeling today?

Tena ~ :jumpyay for getting to clean a little... I hope it's just what the doctor ordered to keep your spirits up! so nice of you to take the time to drop by and let us know how you are doing! You are one BUSY lady! A true inspiration:hug I am so glad you are here!

Vicki ~ I hope you are less tired today... Stress and Winter sure can do a number on you! Take extra vitamins B & C, to keep your energy and spirits up:hug I hope you stay warm down there in TX!

WTG on DD testing for Lima Green! :cheer Please tell her that her "cyber-aunties" are all cheering for her!

How is DH today? does he still think we are an underground society?:lol

Hey, Jo-aaaaannnne! Guess what?! You only have 1 more day, and it's the WEEKEND!!!! :dance:yay:applause:yay:dance You did it, girl!!!! What else can I say?! :hyper I am a little excited for you, can you tell?

btw... I love your scarf! You did a beautiful job on it, and the color is delicious!!!!

Chaya ~ :hug and prayers for you today... I hope that everything is ok, as you wish your client peace. Our Shannon says that when we are sad on earth, Heaven is happy... That saying stuck with me, and I hope that it brings you comfort:hug

Shannon-pumpkin-ness ~ How are you doing today? I miss you and Janna around here:(... How is BigBob, and how are you all holding up? I am praying for you all:hug:hug

:hi to the rest of the gang... Judy, Vicktoria, Frogger, FosterMom, Jenn, and any friends I might have missed.

well, like I mentioned yesterday, I have been on a cleaning binge too! Nothing like a NewYear to get you motivated to get organized and uncluttering! Here's what I have been up to this week, besides the usual pick ups, wipe downs, sweep-ups and wash/dries of dishes and laundry:

Done :whew

3 kids' bedrooms

Master Bedroom

Living room

tree down and put away

medicine cabinet & vanity

Coat closet (which is now, once again a coat closet!)

ALL of my laundry!!!

Remaining:

Linen closet

Junk drawer & cupboard in the kitchen

attic (needs to wait till weather warms up)

I have put all of my yarn in the attic, with the exception of 3 WIPs. It feels good to be able to find what I am looking for!

Job update:

I spoke to the woman who was looking for me to babysit for her. I am glad I called her again. She really has been just BUSY! she explained that she still needs to work the weekend shifts, and be home during the week for a while. She is hoping that March will offer the opportunity. I am cool with that, and told her in the meantime, if she needs only 1 day here or there, she should call me.

I found a mom at school who is looking for someone to mind her 8 month old baby girl once a week. I took the job. It's not many hours, but that's ok. I have a feeling that this could lead to other things. I am taking a chance. Besides, we know each other already from PTO.

Both of these jobs are in walking distance, and during school, so it works for a start...

Finally, I am nearly done with some samples of my :crocheting work for a couple of my friends to bring to the hockey rink to sell for me <insert CabbagePatch here>! This is what I am most excited about... I have 2 friends at school who are hockey moms, and are very excited to be able to try to sell some things for me. They said Hockey moms go crazy over anything and everything made in team colors! Luckily, i had some black and orange left over from my charity ghan. Just enough to get me going (hooray!)

I feel like the more organized I get around here, the more opportunitites will appear... does that sound hokey? :think

Holey Moley! I can't even believe that I just totally yacked your eyes off:eek! (well, I'd say ears, but you can't hear me!):lol I guess I should go... I want to make some cupcakes before the kids get out of school... I have a need for CHOCOLATE!:drool:devil

:ty:hug for being here.... I truly value your friendship, and don't know where I'd be without you!

Love to you all:manyheart Stay warm, ok?

Archived