Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Hi all!

I have officially started my weekend!! :woo:clap:cheer:clapThanks all for the kind words about my attitude! :manyheart Hey, life is life, you deal with what it deals you!:yes

I got home from work at 5 and promptly took a nap- I actually had to be waken up by DH at 6:45- hopped in the shower, got dressed and we were "fashionably late" for the party - it started at 7:30- we arrived at about 7:50. The nap did wonders! We had a great time at the party- the DJ did a great job of mixing up the music for the young folks and the adults- I did alot of dancing tonight and it felt GREAT!!!!:dance:dance

Have lots on my agenda for tomorrow- Christmas decorations down, clean the bathrooms, mop floors, vacuum, dust, get oil changed in my car, get my nails done and then..............sit on my badorkus, watch football and crochet!!!! Not sure what I'm starting tomorrow- probably should finish DH's flannelghan once and for all, but maybe that'll wait till Sunday. Also have to make a hat to match DD's green scarf. But I have the urge to start another never-ending square ghan!

Beth- love the colors for the mosaic tiles afghan!

Shannon- good to hear from you and enjoy time with DH

Colleen:birthday:cake:birthday to DD Have fun at the :party!!!!

Stacy- Ooh, that roomie--what was she thinking leaving the garage door open? How are the socks coming along? I have socks on my long list of things to try someday. But first on the list when things settle down a bit is felting something---just need to figure out what I want to felt:lol

LeaAnne- thanks for the times of the games- It should be a fun weekend. And Yes, I saw Keith Jackson--brings back memories of when he was in the broadcast booth. I am also rooting for the Saints. Rooting for the J-E-T-S (hey they are a NY team, (even if they are not MY NY team, they are Vicki's) I am NOT rooting for the Cowboys or the Eagles. Undecided about the Pats- who are they playing?

Sarah- I'm sure Keith is frustrated that you can't answer him--and did you pick out the pictures for the frame?

Mary- hope you are keeping warm and sorry your computer was acting up tonight.

Vicki- good luck to DD with her Green Belt Test tomorrow- I'm sure she'll do fine. Enjoy! (and try and stay warm- it is in the high teens here:wbrr

Well, my besties, I guess it is time for me to say goodnight! :manyheart

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all!

I have officially started my weekend!! :woo:clap:cheer:clapThanks all for the kind words about my attitude! :manyheart Hey, life is life, you deal with what it deals you!:yes

I got home from work at 5 and promptly took a nap- I actually had to be waken up by DH at 6:45- hopped in the shower, got dressed and we were "fashionably late" for the party - it started at 7:30- we arrived at about 7:50. The nap did wonders! We had a great time at the party- the DJ did a great job of mixing up the music for the young folks and the adults- I did alot of dancing tonight and it felt GREAT!!!!:dance:dance

Have lots on my agenda for tomorrow- Christmas decorations down, clean the bathrooms, mop floors, vacuum, dust, get oil changed in my car, get my nails done and then..............sit on my badorkus, watch football and crochet!!!! Not sure what I'm starting tomorrow- probably should finish DH's flannelghan once and for all, but maybe that'll wait till Sunday. Also have to make a hat to match DD's green scarf. But I have the urge to start another never-ending ghan!

Beth- love the colors for the mosaic tiles afghan!

Shannon- good to hear from you and enjoy time with DH

Colleen:birthday:cake:birthday to DD Have fun at the :party!!!!

Stacy- Ooh, that roomie--what was she thinking leaving the garage door open? How are the socks coming along? I have socks on my long list of things to try someday. But first on the list when things settle down a bit is felting something---just need to figure out what I want to felt:lol

LeaAnne- thanks for the times of the games- It should be a fun weekend. And Yes, I saw Keith Jackson--brings back memories of when he was in the broadcast booth. I am also rooting for the Saints. Rooting for the J-E-T-S (hey they are a NY team, (even if they are not MY NY team, they are Vicki's) I am NOT rooting for the Cowboys or the Eagles. Undecided about the Pats- who are they playing?

Sarah- I'm sure Keith is frustrated that you can't answer him--and did you pick out the pictures for the frame?

Mary- hope you are keeping warm and sorry your computer was acting up tonight.

Vicki- good luck to DD with her Green Belt Test tomorrow- I'm sure she'll do fine. Enjoy! (and try and stay warm- it is in the high teens here:wbrr

Well, my besties, I guess it is time for me to say goodnight! :manyheart

lol I printed 7 different pictures (2 of one so his grandma who gave us the photo paper could have one) so now I need to find frames for 7 5x7 pics LOL this was after I put 4 pics in frames earlier today... but we don't have very many pics of Keith printed, framed and put on the wall so that was fun trying to pic just 6 pics out of the hundreds of pics I have (lol actually it's over 1,000... lol and he's only 3... imagine how many I'll have by the time he turns 18?)

Good morning all! It is a cold morning here! We dripped water from the faucet in the bathroom since it sits on an outside wall, but we had no problems with the pipe freezing. I will turn on the water in other places just to make sure, but so far so good! The house is nice and warm and the sun is coming out! I can open the blinds and that will help to warm up the house! IT should start to warm up by tomorrow.

I am going to change the sheets today and I need to vacuum and dust. I have to figure out what to make for dinner. I am thinking hamburgers. I have rolls in the fridge so that may be a good idea. DD can have chicken nuggets. She doesn't like hamburgers and I don't think I have any more hot dogs. Tomorrow I need to go grocery shopping and begin the laundry.

I will let you all know how the belt test goes! Then later it is the football playoff games! The JETS play at 3:30 here so hubby is ready! Hopefully the game will be a good one! I don't care who wins the Cowboy/Eagles game. That game actually doesn't interest me. I will watch it, but I don't care who wins. I think there is more pressure on the 'boys to win that one. Romo needs to produce.

Colleen - Have a great time at the birthday party for your little princess! Let us know how it all goes!

Sarah - How are you feeling? Is your voice back yet?

Mary - How is the vist with your DS going?

Joanne - Enjoy your day off! Isn't it amazing how a nap can rejuvinate us? Glad you had a great time at the party! Enjoy the games! J-E-T-S! JETS! JETS! JETS!

Have a good day all! Talk to you all later!

Vicki

Good morning!

The beginning of a the weekend- just woke up about 8- of course didn't fall asleep till about 2:30 AM, but that's ok. It is still very cold here today, but the sun is shining!! Sitting here with my cup of java and need to figure out the game plan for today. JETS are on at 4:30 (my time) so that gives me lots of time to get things done around here. I think first up on the agenda is de-Christmasing! Then clean the bathrooms and kitchen. After that, I think I'll run my errands- oil change, nails done and a quick trip to Michaels with my 20% off coupon good on all sale and full price items. The hat that Stacy made calls for Designer Sport yarn and it is on sale for $1.49- so with the 20% off, that is a real bargain.....and I just can't resist a good bargain.....especially on yarn!

Hope everyone has a nice Saturday...Happy Birthday to Colleen's DD....and good luck to Vicki's DD on her green belt test.

I'll be back later!

OH, LeaAnne, I was watching sports center as I fell asleep last night and found out the PATS are playing the RAVENS. I think the Pats will win, but I've got to root for the Ravens- Ray Rice is on that team and he was a great player for Rutgers- gotta root for a fellow alum!!!:manyheart

Good Morning, friends!

Joanne ~ so glad you ended up enjoying the party... and I hope you get all your gotta do's (including Michaels:devil) done in time for some football!

Colleen ~ :birthday to DD!!!! I hope her :party is total fun-ness! (and that the after party cleanup is not too bad for Mama!:wink) The craft sounds really cool! cupcakes and a craft sounds like the perfect recipe for a little ladies party to me!:clap

Sarah ~ Have fun with your picture framing! Sounds like you might be starting to feel better, even though you can't talk yet... don't forget to rest! ...and some hot tea should help as well:)

Vicki ~ :lol I could actually hear your cheer! Glad you didn't have any frozen pipes, and that it should be starting to warm up down your way today:sun :clover to DD on her LIMA GREEN test today! I bet she will Ace it!

Stacy ~ I hope you had a good night with Jorge and your girlies:U Thanks for the tips on the hat... I think I found the hat I want to try:devil

Shannon ~ I hope you had a good night with hubby last night... can't wait for your 'puter to feel better... we miss you!!!!

Beth ~ how are you today? Do you have to scorekeep for the stashbusters again this week? What are you up to this weekend? I hope it involves :hook:yarn:crocheting and relaxing! :hug thanks for the laughs this week!:devil

Mary ~ I hope you are doing ok, and staying warm up there. sorry I didn't stay at chat last night:blush I hope we get to catch up soon:hug

Scooby ~ How are you holding up out there in snowy Nebraska? I hope you and DS are well. Please know I am thinking of you:hug

:waving to Chaya, Tena, and anyone I might have missed... I hope you have a terrific Saturday!

Sorry I missed chat last night... I had some softball things that needed to be addressed. They are already getting ready for tryouts (indoors, of course!) at the end of the month... DH will not have the time to manage our team anymore, so I have been working to find the right person to take the team. I was going to interview for the position, but have decided that I am not the best person for the job. Anyhoo... I think it is resolved. Best news is that I might actually get to be a parent in the stands, for the first time in 6 years!!!:cheer I am happy about that:yes

I have started another afghan this morning... the Stitch Sampler/Lace&Bobbles... I :manyheart:manyheart that 'ghan! I also am working on my grey mittens. So, guess what? Lindsey asked for a FLANNELGHAN!:D she wants plum and Lime green... DS overheard the request, and said "well... you'll have to wait a month!":lol:lol He cracks me up! I will need to get some Lime Green Red Heart or some Plum Simply Soft. I have only 1 color of each kind of yarn.

That's the update in my neck of the woods...

Have a great day, Besties...

I love you all!!!:hug:hug:hug

Leanne- plum and lime green! That will be a very pretty 'ghan! Excellent colors, Lindsey. :tup:clap for being a parent in the stands. I am proud of you for handing off the job to someone else. :hug Good luck with your sampler afghan. Sampler ghans are so pretty, IMO, but I don't have the patience! LoL

Colleen, hope the party was awesome-ness! :cheer:birthday to the birthday girl.

Sarah, hope you are feeling better today. Good luck finding the frames. I don't know about there, but our Dollar stores have awesome frames!

Vicki, sounds like a good start to the day in TX. Hopefully it will warm up a bit for you! Can't wait to hear about the belt test!

Shannon, it was good to see you, if only for a minute. Hope you enjoyed your time with dh. How is miss Janna-ness doing?

Joanne, you are a party animal! :lol Isn't it funny how a quick nap can refresh you? Good luck getting everything done before the games today. I also need to run to Michael's, if dh will take me. :xfin, I have to return the 4 skeins of RH Soft and that 20% coupon would come in handy for a Pounder (if they have the right color this time.)

Beth, Mary, Scooby, Tena- hope you all have a wonderful Saturday. :hug

So sorry I missed chat! Although it looks like everyone came and went anyway. :lol After dh came home, I needed to run to Trader Joe's and Target. We didn't make it to Target because dh ended up getting sick in the TJ's parking lot. We watched The Hangover once he felt better (around 10) and it was so funny!!! I really needed to laugh.

I woke up on edge this morning (as did yesterday.) My car part wasn't even shipped until the 6th so now I will have to borrow FIL's car again this week. And we're still not 100% positive that it's the correct part. If it's not, we won't be able to order the correct one until the 1st of Feb, because dh's company switched to paydays twice a month instead of weekly. :sigh I am just so tired of always feeling anxious and worried.

I finished Mia's cat pillow last night while watching the movie. Today I need to run to Target for diapers and dog food, and work on another hat. Roomie's friend saw my snowy day hat and paid me to make one for her. :clap She also said she would pay me to make 3 or 4 more. Plus SIL emailed to say they will be here for Super Bowl weekend, and that shaves 3 weeks off my deadline! :eek I see lots and lots of :crocheting in my future today! Have a good one, besties! :hug

Oh! Does anyone happen to know if Michael's will accept returns without a receipt? I accidentally washed the receipt for the RH yarn. I think they give a store credit, but I'm not too sure. :think

:woo:dance! WTG Stacy on your new business venture! :tup:wink:applause!

That is sooooo cool! I am proud of you!:hug

:xfin that you get to Michaels (who does do store credit without a receipt as far as I know) & Target!

Give your family big :hug:hug today, then tell them they need to give them right back!!! I know how you feel about the $$$ anxiety... but I try to remember that wealth isn't always related to $... It's family that makes us rich!:U

Love you, kid!... Have a terrific day~

Hello Besties!!

I really miss you guys! Nothing too exciting going on today--except for football, that is!! I'm sad that it's almost over. DH and I have been playing the Wii a lot, and DD is having fun watching. We even made a Wii for her. Oh, I forgot to tell you all. She got her hair cut. All her curls are gone.:( But she got bangs, and we don't fight anymore when I do her hair. She looks too cute!!

Stacy- The Hangover is so funny! My sister got it for me for Christmas.

Colleen- :birthday to DD!! How was the party, and did she like her presents?

Joanne- I'm so glad you enjoyed the party last night! What a way to finish off a very long work schedule. Enjoy your games today!

Vicki- Go JETS! It's very cold here too. We've stayed inside the past 4 days. I'm ready to get out!!

LeaAnne- How are the chickens? Another flannelghan, oh my! I haven't felt like picking Dad's up again. I need to work on it tonight. He was wishing he had it after his biopsy the other day.

Mary- Sorry we couldn't chat last night. I guess we were both having problems. Stay warm!

Sarah, Scooby, Beth, Tena, Judy, Jenn-- I hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

Hi Ladies

Just a quick note to let you all know Iam still around. Iam just having a hard time with somethings that are going on here right now. I know I can get threw it, it is just going to take some time.

Colleen please say :birthday to DD for me. I hope she is enjoying her day.

Talk to you all later

:hug:manyheart

It's Badorkus Time!!!!

All the errands done, oil changed, new windshield wipers (can't head to Boston without getting those replaced- I was having a hard time seeing when it rained or snowed!). Went to Wally World and picked up some things and then went to the grocery store. Went to get my nails done and vacuuming/dusting done. The only thing left are the bathroom floors and I'll do them tomorrow morning. Christmas is put away until next year and I love when the house is back to "plain". The only trip I didn't make was to Michael's- but the 20% coupon is good tomorrow too!

WTG Stacy on getting sales from that hat. I've got to try it!

LeaAnne- Good for you getting to be a mama in the stands this softball season! Another flannelghan--love the color choice- purple and green are aweseome together. I can't get motivated to finish DH's flannelghan- I feel like I need to finish making things with the green yarn for DD.

Mary- Hope things work out- and glad you stopped by.

Shannon- Glad you are having fun with DH playing the WII= that is on my list of "toys" that I want. DD has one and it is fun- I love the sports ones (are you surprised?) Can't wait to see a pic of Janna's new "do"!

Hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday! Go J-E-T-S (can't believe I just said that, me a NY Giants fan- LOL)

Happy birthday to Colleen's DD.

Being lazy here. Hardly gotten out of my chair today (and didn't get out of bed until noon). all I've done is put some clothes in the washer and dryer... and read a book, got the dropsies today so can't handle a crochet hook.

:hi everyone!

Thank you all for your well wishes for DD's birthday. I can't believe my little girl is 5 years old :eek How did that happen? 5 years ago right now I was just getting my epidural :D That was a great moment in time, not anywhere near as great as 11:45 pm that night, but still a memorable moment :D

What a day :tired I am wiped out! DD had a great birthday! She LOVED her gifts :yay and her party was a success. I think all the kids had fun. Right after the party my parents stopped by and just as they were leaving my MIL stopped by. It was 4:00 by the time we had the house to ourselves and then it was clean up and dinner time. I've just ordered some pics to send to the kids as a thank you for coming and now I can relaxed. Tomorrow DD is going to a birthday party, so DH and I will have a couple quiet hours to ourselves. :yay

I'm not with it enough to write to each of you now, but here are some :hug:hug:hug:hug. I hope you are all staying warm.

J-E-T-S, JETS! JETS! JETS! The JETS won! They are on their way to the second week of the playoffs! YAY JETS! Now we just have to wait to see who they play! It will be either the Colts or the Chargers, depending on who wins tomorrow in the Pats/ Ravens game. Don't ask me, I just watch and report what I hear!

DD did great at her belt testing today! She is officially a lima green belt! We think this was her best belt test yet. Her moves were right on and she even broke the rebreakable board on her first kick! She is going to have one strong kick! We were so proud of her!

Anyway, otherwise, it was a very quiet day here. I washed two loads of towels, but I never ran the vacuum or dusted. I actually took a nap this afternoon watching the hockey game. The Rangers beat the Bruins in Boston today (Sorry LeaAnne). Tomorrow I need to go to the grocery store and do the shopping. I need to change my sheets and do the laundry tomorrow also. I can start the laundry before I go to the grocery store. I can change the sheets after I get home.

Colleen - How was the birthday party?

Joanne - So glad you got to enjoy your day home today! And in your "plain" house!

LeaAnne - When will you start the new flannelghan? Green and plum sounds like it would be pretty together!

Shannon - Janna's hair cut sounds so cute! I love little girls in bangs! I think it makes them look like the cute little things they are! Glad you were able to log on and say hi!

Mary - We are here for you! I have learned that! Whatever is going on, and whenever you are ready, the besties are here for you!

Sarah - Hope you are feeling better soon! We should begin to warm up soon! If we can get through tonight we are home free!

Stacy - I would think that Michael's would take a return and give store credit without a receipt as long as they sell the yarn. Call them and see what they say. The worst thing they can say is no, but I doubt they will say that. Let us know!

Okay, hubby is waiting for the lap top to check on his fanasty football playoff stats. I will come back tomorrow and see how everyone is doing! Have a great night all and talk to you all later!

Vicki

J-E-T-S- Jets win!!!! I am so happy for Vicki and her DH who are the real JETS fans here! I'm only rooting for them since my NY Team isn't in the playoffs! It was a good game- and I almost won our football pool (it's one of those where everyone fills out a block on a grid and then they pick #'s and fill in the #'s on the grid. If the score had ended in 7 for Jets and 4 for Bengals I would have won. Why didn't the JETS try and get down field and go for a field goal? I would have won the pool then!!:lol

Congratulations to Vicki's DD on her Lima Green Belt! WTG!!!!:cheer:clap:cheer

Glad that the party was a success Colleen! I knew it would be with the preparation you put into it.! Loved your comment, can't believe she is 5...wait till you have to say I can't believe my baby is 30!:lol

I didn't pick up the hook during the game- sat with DH and now I am going to pick up the hook while I watch the Boys play the Birds! DH has gone upstairs to watch some drama- He really hates the Cowboys and the Eagles:lol

Have a great rest of the night eveyone!:manyheart

:yay for your DD Vicki and getting her Lima Green belt! That is fantastic! You must be so proud! Give her a high-5 for me!

I almost forgot to tell you guys, my mom gave my DD a quilt for her birthday that she made. It is beautiful. I'll try to get a pic in the daylight. She handquilted it and worked on it for a year. It is a generous twin size. Gorgeous! :manyheart

Colleen, The party sounds like a huge success!!! And the quilt -- what an awesome gift!!! I am waiting impatiently for pics! :hyper:drool I'm glad dd had a :birthday! If she's as sweet as her mama, she deserves a wonderful day!

Vicki, Congrats to dd for her lime green belt. Wow! She must be so strong for her age. What an awesome sport for her to practice!

Joanne, HOORAY for a day off!!! It sounds like you are having a good day.

LeaAnne, Shannon, Stacy, Mary, Scooby, Jennifer, Sarah, Tena, Vickietoria, and Frogger, and any other friends I accidentqally missed, have a glorious weekend!!!:hug:manyheart

I'm quite brain-dead from :crocheting and :2frog and :crocheting the shrug. It has been a challenge to try to get it to fit the way dd wants it. The girl has LONG arms! I'm 5'9" tall, and her arms are 4" longer than mine!!! I'm almost half done, for the second time, and we're happy with the fit right now. I will try to finish tomorrow....

I hope you are all having a good Saturday. I'm going to bed early.

Good night, Besties!

:yay for Vicki's dd!! That is awesome! Go lima green! :cheer

:cheer for Colleen's dd's birthday party! Glad it was a success and that she loved her gifts. Can't wait to see a picture of that quilt! Enjoy your quiet time tomorrow. :manyheart

Joanne, have fun hooking! :lol What are you working on tonight?

Shannon, glad to hear all is well with you! :hug

Mary, sending :hug and :manyheart your way.

Sarah, sorry you are still feeling under the weather. I hope it clears up soon!

Beth, how was your Saturday? :hug

Scooby, I hope you are feeling better and that the drama/stress has lessened. :hug

I have been sooooo tired today. We went to Target, then came home and took the dog for a walk. About halfway through, Eva and I took a shortcut and went home. I sat in bed and started SIL's ghan while Eva played. Around 4, I finally made a pot of coffee, or I would have been :out. I will probably need to make another one if I plan to stay up to watch SNL with dh, as I only got 1 cup from the pot. The girls had planned to have a sleepover in one of their bedrooms tonight, but the 4 y/o's have been fighting all day, so that is probably a no-go.

Dinner is almost done so I better go. Have a great night! :hug

Quick question for all of you flannel-ghan'ers...what size hook are you using? For Isabella's, I used an 8 mm and it came out to about 4-1/2 ft but when I made my dad's, I used a 9 mm and it came out thinner than Isabella's. :think:eek I am using a 10 mm for SIL's but for some reason, the strips are only coming out to 8 inches across! :think It's a bigger hook than I used for my dad's but it's coming out at almost the same size. At this rate, I'll have to make 7 strips. :eek

Good morning all!

Stacy- I used a P 11.5 mm hook and mine measures about 10 1/2 inches across. Now to finish it- only 2 blocks left and then assemble and weave in ends. Why can't i get motivated to finish? LOL

I didn't do any crocheting last night. I decided instead to organize my yarn as I was watching the game. I sorted by color and type of yarn and now have it so I know where what types are- of course they are in different containers- I have some baskets, some are on the shelf of the tv stand, some are in clear totes, and some are in bags behind my chair. I would love a craft room!!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday and I'll check in later. I need a cup of coffee!!

Good morning. I'm with Joanne, I need a cup of coffee. I already had one, but I need another!

My dd's shrug has been a lot more challenging than it needs to be. Her arms are LONG!!!!! Did I mention that already? But today I need to work on a hat for the Hats for Boxing Day CAL. Gotta keep up!

Off to do the grocery shopping. Have a fun day all my besties!!!

Archived