Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Good morning, and Happy New Year, Bestest Besties!!!:yay

Enjoy your :hook:yarn and may your :yarn be tangle-free, Joanne!

Actually, that's a good new year wish for everyone -- May your :yarn be tangle-free and your patterns easy to understand!

Love you all!:hug:manyheart:hug

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning and HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my besties! I hope this is a good year for all of us! We could all use something good this year and I hope we all get what we need! I am with Stacy - Start Again in 2010!

I fell asleep quite early last night so I didn't get to see the ball drop last night. But I did hear all the fireworks going off, just like Sarah did. I thought they would go off a lot longer than they actually did, so it was relatively quiet around here.

Pam and her family made it home safely yesterday. Her plane was delayed an hour yesterday due to the air traffic control problems in NY. But she is home and all is well!

May we all have a quiet day with untangled :yarn and no complications in whatever plans we have. We are going to finish taking down the outside Christmas lights today. The inside stuff came down yesterday. Now it is time for the outside stuff to come down.

Joanne - Have a good day 5. You can get through it!

Have a great New Years Day all! Thanks for being besties!

Vicki

:clap No tangles in the yarn today!!!! I was able to finish a hat with no problems with the yarn (same brand SS-same color-different skein-it was perfectness). So I guess it was a problem with the skein I had from last night.

It made my day to be able to complete the hat b/4 I have to get ready for work. Makes me feel like the whole day isn't about working!!!

Have a great one everyone!:manyheart:hug

:clapfor no tangleness, Joanne!

Happy New Year, everyone! I am hoping to spend my day quietly with :chook & :yarn:yarn

My most important to me resolution is to make at least an hour each day for me to :crocheting!

I hope you all have a terrific day, filled with all of the peace, health and happiness you could wish for!:manyheart:hug

My most important to me resolution is to make at least an hour each day for me to :crocheting!

I like this resolution- I think it'll be mine too- hope you don't mind if I share the idea. I also like Beth's- may your yarn be tangle free and your pattern easy to understand :hook

Happy New Year, Besties!!

I hope everyone had fun yesterday. We had company over, but I was still asleep before midnight. I was actually proud of myself for that.

My computer's not feeling well, so I'm on DH's laptop, which is pretty slow. I won't be around much in the next few days.

I do have a question about the flannelghan. Where do I start the border?

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I look forward to spending this year with you all. Maybe this is the year we all meet??? Love you guys!:manyheart

what is a flannelghan??????? someone please clue me in...

Joanne- :yay for no tangles!!!!!

I had a dreadful day at work, I'm a CNA and work in home care, which I :manyheart my job, and my clients tremendously, getting all the one on one time with them makes it so hard not to get attached. But then today my client wasn't feeling well at all, and he DIL was with her and sent me out to the store for some things that she would need to get her through the weekend until I work again on Tuesday. I run to wal-mart to get her everything see needed and come back (was literally gone like 20-25min) and I can't pull in the driveway because an ambulance is pulling out!! :eek:(

I'm waiting to hear back from the daughter in law now to see what all happened at the hospital and if she's going to be ok..... my client is a dear dear woman, and I'm very fond of her, please pray for her. I just want her to be alright, she's had a rough time of it, and I feel like my heart is breaking.

Chaya ~ prayers being said for your client... that is scary!:(

a flannelghan is from a CAL right here at C'ville! look for the Lumberjack flannelghan from RoseRed.... we have some tips for you if you look and decide you want to do it:wink It is actually the pattern I use the most!

Shannon ~ Happy New Year! Sorry we missed you last night, and sorry that your 'puter is sick...that sux. You can start your border wherever you want. Just make sure that you do 3 stitches in the corners. I would suggest starting on the top or the bottom, since it's easier to put a stitch in a stitch. Also, when you put row 1 of border on the sides, do 3 stitches per every 2 rows. I'll try to get some pics in here to show you what I mean....

:hi, :hug, and :yayHappy 2010's to the rest of our gang! Please add me to your blessed to know you and have you as a friend list! I honestly don't know what I would do without each and every one of you!:hug:hug

Chaya ~ prayers being said for your client... that is scary!:(

a flannelghan is from a CAL right here at C'ville! look for the Lumberjack flannelghan from RoseRed.... we have some tips for you if you look and decide you want to do it:wink It is actually the pattern I use the most!

Thank you for your prayers, keep them coming. I heard back from the DIL, she has Catastrophic Pnuemonia, is in the ICU right now, her advance directives dictate no extraordinary measures and they are just trying to make her comfortable right now. There's a chance she'll come back from this but she'll be very weak and quality of life won't be the same. Haven't been doing my job long, and this is very hard, I'm just praying and hoping.

oh, boy.... I will pray:(

do you have yarn for a prayer shawl for her and DIL? It wouldn't hurt to send some positive thoughts out there... I will think of them in my stitches tonight...:hug

I wish I did, my stash is pretty small at this point, my paycheck clears tuesday though and i was thinking of making something for her or the DIL then, for now all my good thoughts I can muster are headed her way.

what about a thoughts pocket? you could make a small strip and sew it up like a wallet to "keep a prayer" in.... something like a gift card pocket. just use your favorite stitch. It will work, and you could use scrap for it.

ChayaSar- I'm so sorry to hear about your client. I will be praying for her, her DIL, and you. You must have a very big heart to do what you do.

LeaAnne- Do I use 2 strands for the border too? I'm so confused! I don't understand the 3 stitches per 2 rows. Help!!!!

Chaya - I am so sorry to hear about your client. My thoughts and prayers are being sent her way. I hope all is well. That must have come on fast if you were only gone for 20 minutes! She was showing no symptoms before then? Wow. Are you okay?

Joanne - Did you hear anything about the hockey game? It was a good one! Boston won it in OT! I like watching the Winter Classic in the outdoors! I actually fell asleep during the first period. I needed that nap. But it was still a good game!

Colleen - Glad you could stop by! Hope you are having a great day and I hope you have a Happy New Year!

We finished taking down all the outside Christmas stuff. The only thing left to do are the big Christmas wreaths. Those will come down tomorrow. For some reason the take down seemed to be very easy to do this year. That is a good thing I guess.

Have a good night all!

Vicki

Vicki- she's had some coughing the last week or so, and i mean MILD, but she's a smoker and has been for 40+ years, wasn't a harsh cough, nothing that made her lose her breath, wasn't even a bit worried... and she had her energy and stuff, so not like she appeared sick.. it came on so fast, the last couple days she's seemed off, sad though not sick... just not motivated... I've been given special permission to see her in the ICU tomorrow, I'm not family which is the rule of thumb but by a loop hole I'm considered part of her medical team and she asked for me just before visiting hours were over, so I am going in the afternoon when I'm done with the client I work with on the weekends.

LeAnne- The prayer pocket is a great idea, it'll work up fast and I can bring it with me tomorrow.... what a lovely idea! :hug

Really appreciate you all and your prayers, I'll check in on everyone later!

Hi all,

Work went well. Got out at 5:45 tonight- came home and promptly took a nap! I missed the Winter Classic, but read all about it- must have been an exciting game- a Bruins win in OT!

Chaya- prayers being said for your client- as a nurse, I know how hard it is when one of your patients gets so sick. Just know that you were an important part of her care and I am glad that you will get to go see her tomorrow in the ICU. CNA's are the unsung heroes of healthcare, and I commend you for what you do!!

LeaAnne- I'm with Shannon, I don't know what it means either re: the border= 3 stitches per 2 rows? If you could show pics that would be great. Next weekend, I plan on putting it together- so what I do is put the strips together, and then do the border, correct? I can't wait to be done with this! I love the pattern, but I did grow a little weary of the big hook and 2 strands of yarn. That is why I enjoyed making the hat today with an I hook and 1 strand! But I would definitely make one again- I'm thinking that I'll make one for my SIL next Christmas. But want to get it done without the pressure of Christmas- I was on such a roll with Dh's flannelghan, until Christmas got in the way and I had many things left to make. Hope you enjoyed your day.

Vicki- good for you- Christmas decorations put away- that is another thing on my next weekend to do list. At this rate, I'll have a to-do list next weekend that won't allow for any relaxing time!!!

Colleen- welcome back - hope you had a good time with SIL- and that she and MIL loved the scarves you made.

Everyone- again- a very happy, crochet filled New Years!

Have to be at work at 8 tomorrow morning!

:hi everyone!

I just finished reading through everything and I can barely see straight :lol I am so eye tired (if that makes sense).

Our trip was great. It was very snowy and wintery there (much more than here!) and so pretty. DH had a great time out with the snowmobile and DD had a great time playing with her cousins. I saw some of you chatting about the rockband things. I played Wii rockband :yay. I rocked at the vocals best, but enjoyed the guitar.

I haven't stayed up until midnight on new year's eve for many years. The first year DH and I were dating his father passed away unexpectedly on Dec. 30th, so we never really celebrated new years eve after that. Once DD was old enough we would celebrate by attending a festival of lights they have in one of the parks here and enjoying free carousel rides for DD. The carousel is DD's favourite and we take her in her snowsuit. We get home from that by 6:00 pm :lol But this year we were up north and SIL had a party but we left to put DD to bed at MIL's and were in bed by 10:15 :lol Up there they shoot their guns at midnight! :ohdear

I didn't realize there were cuisines of choice for New Years. Black eyed peas and cabbage? :yuck Is that good? I've never had black eyed peas before.

Beth - I'm sorry about Old Red. May he rust in peace. WTG with all the decluttering! :yay

LeaAnne - I'm happy to hear that your DKs are enjoying their stayupovers and some holiday fun :manyheart I love your resolution - one hour each day for yourself! :tup

Joanne - I hope your working marathon is going quickly and that you find some time to unwind :hug

Stacy - Isabelle's birthday week sounds fun! I'm glad you had a good visit with your dad.

Chaya - I am praying for your client that she gets well soon. :hug:hug:hug

Sarah - Keith sounds so cute! I hope he is enjoying his workbench!

Shannon - Your dad cracked me up about the caviar and cheese puffs :lol

Mary - :hug How are you? I hope you are well.

Scooby - :hug I hope everyone at your house feels better soon.

Vicki - I am so glad you had a great visit with your sister and that she got home safe.

:hi Tena, Judy, Frogger, Vicktoria, Jenn & whoever I've missed.

MIL loved her new scarf and wore it the whole time we were there. She's already requested a red one for next Christmas.

I am wiped out and I have a busy week ahead of me. I am hoping to get all the Christmas stuff put away this weekend. I need to get my house tidied and clean. DD's birthday & birthday party is one week tomorrow :eek seven 4 and 5 year olds in my house. Wish me luck! I have to buy her a birthday present and get the last couple things for the goodie bags, bake her cake and come up with party games. I will have to think more about a list for 2010. Right now I just need to get everything unpacked and put away.

:hug to you all. I missed you and would say you all are the best thing about 2009. I wish you all the best for the new year (including lots of great chat with your besties!).

You all have to check out Colleen's Winter wonderland "research" pics on the Caroling CAL- they are amazing!

Thanks Joanne. I wish there were a blue sky to show off all that snow. The snow was sticking to the trees and it was so beautiful. Where they live it is hilly and there are lots of trees. Beautiful all year round. It snowed most of the time we were there and the trees were even snowier today, but we were driving home and the camera was in the back :lol We don't have that much snow here. Just a dusting on the ground.

Yikes!:eek that will take a long time...

it's several granny squares that I will be putting together, then crocheting double crochet rounds around... so not as bad as it sounds...

:hug Sarah! I'm sorry to hear about your day. IL's can be frustrating sometimes. :yes I hope the :crocheting helped. :hug

Colleen, so glad you are back!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. :hug I will have to go check out your research pics. Good luck with your busy week ahead.

Shannon-ness, sorry to hear about your computer. I hope 2010 shows it some mercy. :lol

Chaya, I will say a prayer for your client, as well. How sweet that they will let you visit tomorrow. :manyheart

Leanne, I :manyheart your resolution, also. Glad everyone had fun with their New Years plans. :yay Thanks for yet another tip about the side stitching on the 'ghan. I am starting SIL's in the next few days but am going to use hdc this time, like you all did. :yes Not really looking forward to doing yet another one, but...:sigh That's what I get for opening my big, generous mouth! :rofl

We stayed up until 2 a.m. this morning, then dh had to take my dad to the Flyaway at 7. :faint I had planned to go back to sleep after saying goodbye, but the girls all woke up at the same time. We did some cleaning, then MIL called to see if the girls wanted to go see a movie. Dropped them off and did some birthday party shopping, went to lunch, then came home and finished cleaning. I did 2 loads already with another in the dryer. :whew It has been a relaxing yet busy day- how does that work? :lol

Isabella's cake should be about done so I need to go take that out and let it cool. Have a great night! :hug

:waving... sorry about leaving that tip about the flannelghan, and then leaving! :(:blush

Use 2 strands for the border. when you are stitching on the sides, do 1 stitch in each hdc, and 1 in between. That will give you 3 stitches per 2 rows.

Jamie took some pics for me to show you, but she forgot to send them to me before she went to bed:( She'll help me get them up here tomorrow, so you can see what I am talking about. Once you see the pics, you'll say "Ahaaaaaah!" ... unfortunately, i am not always the best at putting things in words the right way.

:welcome back, Colleen, and Happy New Year!

Sweet dreams to you all.... I love ya!

:manyheart:hug:manyheart and I'll see you tomorrow!:yes

Leanne, are you around? I thought you posted the 'ghan tips in the first post but I can't find them. Can you please tell me how many rows/stitches per row when using hdc?

Archived