Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Hey besties!

Hope you all are having a nice Sunday.

Vicki, prayers and good thoughts headed your way! I hope dh finds out about that job very soon. :hug to your dd as she returns to school. My kids still have 1 more week but they are dying to go back! I'm sure it will be different in a few years. :lol Yikes about it being in the 20's!! :eek Bundle up and stay warm!

Scooby, hope you all are on the mend! :hug

Beth, I will be here :cheer for you as you work on those afghans! If you start now, you can do a little each week and not feel rushed, and hopefully not get burned out by them. :hug

Colleen, that scarf is gorgeous! I cannot wait to see how it looks in the color you chose.

Shannon-ness, how is everything in your end of the world? Any new Janna stories to share? :manyheart I hope you all stay warm too, if Vicki ends up sharing her weather with you. :lol

Mary, :hug and :manyheart to you. I hope you are feeling better. Safe travels to your dd as she returns home today. Don't be too much of a party animal when your ds comes to visit. :heehee And yes, I would be willing to share some of your snow. Right now it is almost 80 here. :eek

Joanne, somehow I missed that you are having a showing today! :xfin that all goes well. You are over the hump of your work "week!" Only 5 more days- :cheer you can do it!

Sarah, how are you today? I hope that you are feeling better. :hug

Leanne, you did an awesome job on Pete's ghan. :h5 Your other work is beautiful, too. I love that Irish lace scarf!!

Everyone else...:hug and :manyheart on this sunny Sunday.

Putt-putt was fun yesterday and I think Isabella had a fun party. She got lots of clothes (from the grandparents) and art supplies (from her godfather, who is an artist.) She also got an airbrush tattoo thingie, and we all received tattoos this morning. :lol

I am in a bit of a funk today, and wishing I had friends or loved ones close by. We've had some disagreements with Roomie and the b/f over the past week or so, and I'm feeling ganged-up on, even by dh. :cry Also found out what she really thinks of me, and it hurts.

I'm off to jump in the shower. Dh wants to go to Best Buy. I might go get my manicure and pedicure today. We'll see. Have a great Sunday! :hug

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Afternoon. Took yesterday as a day out, went to town and just wandered around a few stores, ate lunch, then went to the bookstore and sat and read for HOURS.... fiance stayed home w/ Keith and had a daddy and son day (which Keith needed). I read a couple of books then came home, got a shower and went to bed. Didn't work on any of the squares or my ripple afghan at all yesterday. Today need to work on laundry and trying to get Keith to let me put his new toys away... slept in while they went to church so only just got out of bed :D

Stacy - :hug:hug:hug Wish I were closer. I hope things work themselves out soon. You should get that mani-pedi. It might make you feel better. :hug

Sarah - It looks like you are working hard at recharging after being over-socialized. Good for you! Take care!

Tree is down and all the decorations are away :yay except the outside ones because it is too cold to take down lights today.

Stacy - :hug:hug:hug Wish I were closer. I hope things work themselves out soon. You should get that mani-pedi. It might make you feel better. :hug

Sarah - It looks like you are working hard at recharging after being over-socialized. Good for you! Take care!

Tree is down and all the decorations are away :yay except the outside ones because it is too cold to take down lights today.

thanks, yeah I am, will be working either on my ripple or my squares tonight... or both since the squares don't take long to make....

we've got most of our decorations down, those that were safe to be stored in an hot attic, the ones that have to be stored here we need to empty a plastic tote to put them in first (fiance's cleaning method is to take everything off an area and put it in a tote to go through later.... later can be anything from the next day to months later.... and he did that to the desk/kitchen while we were getting ready for company for christmas)

Chaya - sorry to hear your patient isn't doing well

Stacy - :hug

Vicki - hope your DH gets the job

Joanne - hope the showing for your house goes well

hope everyone is having a good day... I bought Keith a little $1 hand broom and dustpan set from the bargain section when you first walk in Target and he's having a blast w/ it (and it's keeping him from getting the big broom and knocking things off the table and counter :D:lol) folding laundry and washing fiance's new work jeans w/ salt so they won't bleed, his job gives him a new set of work shirts and jeans every year... tomorrow need to call about a job, then tuesday going to apply at Hobby Lobby... hopefully can get one soon

Hi Ladies

We just got back home. Had to go and pickup DS at the train station. The weather is still bad here. The roads are very slippery and the snow is still coming down.

Youngest DD and her family at still stuck in Newfoundland. They have high winds and the boats can't dock. She was suppose to be on the boat last night to cross. She just called not too long ago and she said the boat is now coming in and unload/loading. She is going to call when it sets sail. The boat is an 8hour crossing and then she has a 4hour drive. Her DF is in the army and is suppose to be at work tomorrow morning. He will be listed as AWOL but his boss does know where he is. I hope she gets across OK and gets off the boat OK.

I just have one question. Is it summer yet??????

Chaya - sorry to hear your patient isn't doing well

Stacy - :hug

Vicki - hope your DH gets the job

Joanne - hope the showing for your house goes well

hope everyone is having a good day... I bought Keith a little $1 hand broom and dustpan set from the bargain section when you first walk in Target and he's having a blast w/ it (and it's keeping him from getting the big broom and knocking things off the table and counter :D:lol) folding laundry and washing fiance's new work jeans w/ salt so they won't bleed, his job gives him a new set of work shirts and jeans every year... tomorrow need to call about a job, then tuesday going to apply at Hobby Lobby... hopefully can get one soon

Good Luck Sarah with the job hunting.

Hi Ladies

Stacy I hope it is not tooooooo hot there for you. You could send some of that heat this way.

Vicki Iam keeping fingers crossed for DH for the job.

Shannon how are the pillows working for you?

Beth 2 christmas afghans, at least you have 12 months to work on them.

LeaAnne how is the snow there? are the kids going to be home tomorrow?

Joanne 5 more days to go. You can do it :cheer

Colleen glad you made it home safe. You are doing a great job on the other CAL :cheer

Scooby hope you and your family are feeling better.

I hope everyone is having a safe, warm, queit night.

Talk to you later

:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

hi everyone! Boy am I tired! Got home at 7.

DH said the people came- a young couple- and only stayed a short time- no calls yet from the realtor so I guess they aren't interested. Oh, well- at least the house is clean!!

Mary- hope your DD and her DF get home safely- and on time so he isn't Awol. That's quite a trip! Enjoy the visit with your DS- and keep the partying to a minimum!:lol

Stacy:hug:hug:hug to you- wish I were closer instead of on the other coast! A mani-pedi sounds like just what you need!

Colleen- Lucky you- all your decorations down- except for the outside! I know what you mean about liking the house decorated, but when Christmas is over, its over and the house somehow looks nice when it is "plain" again! I'll have to wait until next weekend to make mine plain again!

LeaAnne- How did the boys like the Legends game yesterday? Wow- you are getting lots of snow- We just have cold, cold weather- 20 or so- and windy- I haven't heard yet from my middle DD about how her move went, and don't want to call and bother her. I figure I'll touch base tomorrow.

Vicki- I'll probably watch some of the Jets and then the Jets will watch me! I am glad I didn't get to see the Giants implode today- what is up with them? I wonder how long b/4 they fire the defensive coach? My friend at work is a Steelers fan and I see they are not in the playoffs either. If the Jets win, they make the playoffs so I'll be rooting for them for you.

Sarah- glad you got to have a good day yesterday reading and shopping. Sounds delightful to me and a good way to recharge! I want one of those days too!!!

Colleen- back to your question about a book- I love my 200 Crochet Tips, Techniques and Trade Secrets by Jan Eaton, 200 Crochet blocks for blankets, throws, and afghans by Jan Eaton, The Chicks with Sticks Guide to Crochet by Nancy Queen and Mary Ellen O Connel, The Happy Hooker by Debbie Stoller, Basic Crochet Stitches by Erika Knight, and The Crochet Answer Book by Edie Eckman. Hope that helps some :lol

How bout a scrap scarf with the Homespun- to give to your MIL!:lol

Well, ladies, I'm very, very tired. And still have a full week of work ahead of me.

Hugs to all:manyheart

Hi Ladies

We just got back home. Had to go and pickup DS at the train station. The weather is still bad here. The roads are very slippery and the snow is still coming down.

Youngest DD and her family at still stuck in Newfoundland. They have high winds and the boats can't dock. She was suppose to be on the boat last night to cross. She just called not too long ago and she said the boat is now coming in and unload/loading. She is going to call when it sets sail. The boat is an 8hour crossing and then she has a 4hour drive. Her DF is in the army and is suppose to be at work tomorrow morning. He will be listed as AWOL but his boss does know where he is. I hope she gets across OK and gets off the boat OK.

I just have one question. Is it summer yet??????

hope they get home safe

:bang:thair:bang:thair Why Me? why does everyone in my family and fiance's come to me when they need help w/ their computer? Do they have any idea how hard it is to walk someone through something when they won't tell you what they see on the screen? or are basically computer illiterate and really all they know how to do is turn it on... but from there have to have their hand held the rest of the way? or when it's a program I have never heard of and never used before but somehow I am supposed to be able to miraculously figure out how to use it w/ only their description of what is on the screen to go by... and descriptions are very vague...

ok sorry just had to vent... as you can tell just had to walk someone through something over the phone and they really need to get a internet/computers for dummies book and go through it or take a class or something... it's hard to walk someone through something on the phone when it's bedtime for a 3 year old and they are wanting your attention and his daddy is not able to help distract him cause he's busy so I was trying to do this w/o being able to do it on the computer as Keith had a hold of my right hand and wouldn't let me touch the computer keyboard or the mouse...

You could post your pic's here too so we can see.

Would love to see what you make.

ok I'll post some of my completed stuff and some of my WIP's later tonight after we get Keith in bed... or if any of you have Ravelry my screenname on there is the same as on here and everything except what is in my storage unit in WA is on there that I have done or am working on...

so at Mary's request... here's some of the stuff I've done... Elmo was made for my son, scarecrow initially for fall decoration but Keith claimed it, balls were done in red/white, green/white, red/green, and red/green/white and put in a basket I decorated w/ ribbons, ornaments 2 pink, 1 purple, 1 blue & 1 red for Keith's cousin, large lapghan granny that Keith loves, purple single crochet 4 strand Q hook afghan, centerpiece for kitchen table and the tree skirt I designed and made for my christmas tree

[ATTACH]14483[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]14484[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14485[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]14486[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14487[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]14488[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14490[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]14497[/ATTACH]

Good morning Besties!

Sarah- your work is beautiful- thanks so much for posting it here (and thanks Mary for suggesting that she does) Hope you were able to relax abit after your attempts at helping folks with the computer over the phone! I could sense your frustration!:hug for you!

Mary- please let us know that your DD and DF got across ok and are safely home! How is your DS?

Vicki- :clap:cheer Your JETS are in the PLAYOFFS!!!!! You and DH must be so excited-it wasn't the "same old J-E-T-S last night!!! At least one of the NY teams closed out Giants Stadium with a "W"! Can't wait to see next year when they play at the new stadium (and hopefully the Giants take care of what they need to so they'll have a better team next year- Def coordinator has got to go- and honestly, I think they need a new Offensive coord too! I'll be rooting for the JETS next week- should be interesting since they play the Bengals again! Have a good day and praying that DH hears about the job soon. I don't think my Dh will be hearing anything until next week (the AVP was going to be on vacation for 2 wks)

Everyone else- hope you have a wonderful Monday! Day 8 of 12 for me..inching slowly toward the weekend:lol

:manyheart

Good morning, Besties! :morcoffee

It's a very busy, hectic day here, so I'm glad to take a minute to say hi to you all. :hi

Sarah, love those pics. You do awesome work. thanks for sharing with us.

Mary, thanks for asking Sarah to share her pics! I hope your dd gets home safely. I hope you get a heat wave, too!

Joanne, You've almost made it through "The Week that Never Ends!" You can do this!!!:cheer

Stacy, you know we are all here for you. We love you and appreciate you.:hug

LeaAnne, did your chickens get another day off for snow?

Vicki, what's it like to cheer for a team that's going to the playoffs? I can't remember...

Shannon, how is our Janna doing? Are you having any winter weather?

Colleen, When do you think it will warm up enough to take your lights down?

Scooby, are you buried in snow? How are the pups enjoying winter?

Tena, Frogger, Vickietoria, and all our other besties, Have a great day!

OK, I haven't had my coffee yet. that's my excuse... do you buy it?

I got an e-mail back from SIL about the colors the girls want for their afghans. One will be chocolate brown and baby pink. The other will be navy and cream. I think they will be quite stunning in those colors, if I can stand to make them!!! Oh, and SIL offered to buy the yarn!!! HOORAY!

YAY, the JETS are in the playoffs! At least one NY team is in there this year and it is surprising that it is the JETS! I started out watching the game, but they ended up watching me! And what happened with the Giants? Where did their defense go? Did they decide that their season ended after the Monday night game three weeks ago? That was the last time they showed up to any game!

Sarah - Your work is just wonderful! You did a great job on your projects!

Mary - Hoping that DD arrives safely in the weather! let us know when she gets there!

Joanne - You are on day 8! You can make it! Your weekend is coming!

Beth - Now you know what colors for the Christmas 'ghans! And at least she offered to buy the yarn! That was generous!

Stacy - Your besties are here for you girl. We love you sweetie. Hope the mani/pedi helped you feel better.

Colleen - Did you get the rest of the Christmas decorations down? Or is it still too cold outside? The cold air is going to make its way down here. By Thursday and Friday it will be here by us. Cold, cold, cold! This is just a reminder about why I don't live in the northeast anymore!

LeaAnne - How much snow did you end up with and did it close school for your chickens? Stay safe in the cold!

Chaya - How is your patient doing? Hope all is well.

I need to get some laundry folded today and put away. I hate folding laundry because I hate matching socks! I need a laundry fairy to help with that task. I need to figure out what to make for dinner too. Last night was meatloaf. Maybe chicken. I'll look and see.

Have a good day all and I will talk to you all later!

Vicki

Morning and Happy Monday (now that's an oxymoron!:lol)

I need to be quick...

we ended up close to 10" of snow. Everyone is back at school. We are supposed to have snow showers the rest of the week.

I am looking for and need to find a job:yuck. The ones I have don't pay enough $$:think.. with no car to get there:ohdear.... sheesh! this is going to be a great trick:2magic...

Anyway, I love you all, and wish you a much better day than I am having:blush:blink

:hug:hug talk to you soon.

Morning. Thank you for all the compliments on my projects. Those were just some of the finished ones LOL... have about 6 projects of my own I'm working on and 2 I was given by fiance's grandma that she started and never finished (arthritis)... lol one of the WIP's o mine is over 6 years old...

finished another square last night before I had to stop... kept dropping the hook so decided to read instead...

LeaAnne - good luck finding a job, I know how hard it is to try and find one w/o a vehicle (spent 2 years at a job that I WALKED to... 45 min one way) :hug

Mary - has your DD made it home yet?

Joanne - almost there... :hug

Beth - sorry don't know how many skeins it would take, lol I tend to make things big so don't know how much an average afghan would take....

hope everyone has a good day. :hug

Archived