Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Thanks, Beth and Sarah~

I am sorry to have complained... I am just in a bad patch, I guess. You are right, Beth, things will get better. I just don't know what I am going to do, and need to figure it out.

...and :yes 6 skeins of Simply Soft would make a lovely lacy throw! You might even have some left over:wink

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning!

Beth, I'll buy your coffee excuse. :wink How nice of SIL to buy the yarn for your nieces' afghans. I think 6 skeins would be good for a nice, lacy afghan. :yes

Leanne, :hug:hug:hug to you. It is terribly difficult when you don't have a car. If I remember correctly, you don't have public transportation, either. Lots of :hug and :manyheart and :xfin to you. We're at the point where I may need to start working, too. My :2magic trick will be working around dh's school schedule, which is all nights this semester. Glad to hear the kiddos made it to school safely. 10 inches and still snowing? Wow. Will they close the schools if it gets any worse?

Sarah, your work is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. :manyheart

I sorted and organized my stash yesterday, which took the better part of the day, and was rather relaxing. My ww is now in the closet, where it is accessible, and I put the "novelty" yarn in my yarn tote next to the book shelf, which doubles as storage shelf for dh. (It will not be as accessible.) All of my WIP's are in my nightstand drawer and a Rubbermaid tote under my bed. I have decided that I cannot start anything new (with the exception of SIL's ghan, which I should start ASAP) until all of my other WIP's are finished. And I can't buy any yarn (again with the exception of SIL's ghan) until I use most of the novelty stuff. My mom bought most of it for me but it is just sitting around. I need to make room for more use-able yarn. :wink:lol

I'm feeling a bit better today. So far, I've loaded the dishwasher and taken out the trash/recycling. Oh, and one load of laundry going. Not much in the cleaning mood. I had planned to take the girls to the library and park today, but I don't know. The good news is that the Terror is back in school today, and for the full day! (Last semester it was only until noon. Now she won't be home until 3.) :woo

Well I better get moving and take a shower. BBL! :hug

:waving, all~

I am satisfied that I have "job searched" enough for today. I have spent 4 hours, going through every "help wanted" kind of place that I can think of... something will present itself when it is supposed to, and when God thinks I am ready to handle it, right?

Meanwhile, I needed a bestie break, so here I am checking in!

Colleen - yesterday, the snow was not "packing snow", but today it has warmed up a little, so by the time homework is completed after school today, my chickens should have about an hour to build a "Parson Brown" for me to share with you all;) ...I was thinking about your dilemma about your leftover Homespun. I would make a scarf, doing the stitches the long way. as the ends of the row, leave the tails for fringe. That would look cool :yes

Joanne - The boys had a wonderful time at the Legends game, especially since their seats were under the roof. DH said that Pete's flannelghan saved the day and kept them nice and toasty!:D Hey... you only have 4 more days till the weekend!!!! :yay

Vicki - I hope that you and DD are enjoying your last day of vacation. I :rofl'd about the laundry fairy to come and match up your socks! That's my nemesis, too!:lol seriously, though... if he shows up, will you send him my way, too?:devil:rofl:devil

Beth - Whatcha makin' with that Simply Soft? :hyperhuh, huh:hyper:?...

the colors for your neices 'ghans sound beautiful! What kind of yarn do you use for those? Thanks for the :hug's earlier, and for putting things where they should be for me... you have no idea what a :gift you gave me today :hug:hug:ty:ty:hug:hug

Stacy - Here's hoping that today is better for you than the last few have been:hug we are here for you! Sounds like you had fun cleaning out your stash! WTG on getting organized!:yay:hug ... and you are right, no public transportation.

Mary - Did DD and her DF have a safe crossing? I have been thinking about them! and :yay:yay for DS coming to brighten your days! :D

Shannon - How is your 'puter feeling? I hope it gets well soon! We miss you around here, girl! You and Janna-ness! :hug:hug Did you ever figure out how you wanted to do your pillow?

Chaya - I hope that your day is going ok... :hug I am thinking of you...

Sarah - you do really awesome work! :nworthy:ty for sharing the pics with us on here! :clap:yay:clap ...I don't have a Ravelry account, so I couldn't see them over there:blush... Also, I hope your job at the Hobby Lobby comes through for you:yes

Love to you all... I'll see you later:U

Hi Ladies

DD and DF made it home today. A trip that takes 16hours took 44 hours. I just taked to her and she just put the GD down for a nap and now DD is going to have one.

Today I have cleaned off my kichen table and washed it down along with the 6 chairs. I washed the dishes, put some stuff away, washed down my rocking chair, got the laundry together for tomorrow and now Iam here. I think that is it for today.

Vicki WTG for your JETS. Iam still praying for DH and the job.

Shannon how are you doing?

Beth at least the afghans are not the same colors and yes I would go with 6 skeins. If you tell me were the pattern is I will look at it and maybe make it with you.

Stacy Iam sending lots of :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug and do I need to come there and straighten out roomie?

LeaAnne :xfin that you find a job real soon.

Joanne 4 more days to go. :cheer

Scooby are you still snowed in?

Colleen How was DD's first day back to school?

Sarah thankyou sooooo much for showing us what you made. Your work is just beautiful.

Hope everyone is having a great day

Talk to you later

:hug:hug:hug:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

:hi everyone!

It looks like there are lots of :hug needed around here. Do we have the winter blues, or what?

Sarah - :hug that you get the social break you need and find a job soon!

LeaAnne - :hug on your job search. Something will come up. Get the word out there with the people you know through the PTA and neighbours. You just never know! Have you ever thought of opening a home day care? You had mentioned babysitting. Would you consider taking in a couple kids? You could still cook dinner and be home for your gang but make some money at the same time? Just an idea.

Stacy - :hug that you are feeling better. WTG on the stash clean out and :yay for the terror being in school full days. That makes me what to dance and jump for joy! :yay

Beth - I would think 6 skeins would make a lovely lacy throw. Whatcha making? What colour? :hyper I have no idea when it will be warm enough to take down the decorations. :shrug There isn't much, so I'm sure it will get done this week. That's kind of DH's territory, so I'm not too worried about it. :lol If I drove 1-1.5 hours in any direction I would be in a place where they got 1 ft of snow yesterday. We didn't get any :D

Vicki - Enjoy your last day off before you and DD are back to school.

DD is back to school today. I spent the morning running around town buying birthday gifts for her and two birthday parties we have in the next 2 weeks. Came home, put homemade macaroni and cheese in the slowcooker (this time with the right amount of macaroni), went through some family history information that I've been meaning to get to, and here we are. Where did the day go? I have to go get DD in 1 hour. Better do some cleaning. :( I'm still trying to find a home for all the new stuff. :think

I've given it some thought and here are my new years goals:

1. Crochet - Try to make a gift or ornament a month for the Carol CAL. Once the gift or ornament is done, I work on wips or small stash projects the rest of the month.

2. Home - Clean out the cupboards and drawers!!!! Probably in this order: crawl space cupboard to make room for... Dining room cupboard...bathroom vanity....kitchen cupboards and drawers. If I get that done, I should me much more organized! If I do that this winter, I could goof off the rest of the year :rofl:devil

Have a great day everyone! I'm counting blessings today, and you are all on my list! :hug

I forgot to make my list.

Here goes..........

1.Completely clean 1 room a week. Throw out what is no good and make room for other stuff that is good.

2.After the house is cleaned out then Iam going to paint the whole inside of house.

3.Iam keeping a crochet log book. I start with Jan.1st and Iam writing down every thing I make in a week. Then Jan.8th and continue on.....

4.Going to use up every bit of yarn I have til it is all gone. My stashbusting score should be really good.

This is the list Iam going with. I might add things as I go along. Wish me luck.

well my job hunting took a major setback today... was supposed to call a place today but Keith tried to feed me a peanut butter cracker out of the package he was eating and I choked on it and now have lost my voice... fun... hopefully it's back in the morning so I can call tomorrow

Hey there!

I can't talk to all of you right now. Every time I try someone needs me. I'm at Mom's. Dad went in for a biopsy on his liver today. He's home and feeling good. Now we just have to wait for the results.

I forgot to tell you all that I went to Michael's last week and got 13 skeins for $40! I love gift cards!! Oh, and on the way there, I was driving on a 4 lane highway that has a big median, and all of the sudden there was a car coming at us on our side. He was in the lane beside me, but I had just gotten over. Talk about scary. A man I know was killed last December by a car on the wrong side of the road.

I hope everyone is having a lovely day!:manyheart

Yikes, Shannon, how scary!! I am so glad you are safe. WTG on your Michael's haul! :clap:xfin and prayers said that your dad's biopsy comes back fine. :hug

Sarah, sorry to hear about your voice. Hope it comes back for you by tomorrow.

Mary, I'm so happy to hear dd and her family made it home safely. WTG on getting all of your cleaning done! I think your list sounds great. I like the idea of a crochet journal. :yes

Leanne, good luck with the job search. You are right- all in God's time. :wink:hug

Vicki, has dh heard about the job?? I hope you and dd are enjoying your last day of vacation.

Colleen, I hope dd had a wonderful first day back. Can you please share your slow cooker mac-and-cheese recipe? :D Your list sounds good, too. :clap

Scooby, I hope you all are feeling better. :hug

We did go to the library, and stopped for quesadillas and fries along the way. The girls wanted to go to the park too, but I had to stop and get diapers and figured they'd be too tired to walk the rest of the way if we went to the park. Maybe I will take them back on Thursday or Friday, before their break is over. We got lots of kids' craft books, including one that has recipes for arts and crafts materials- paper maiche, play dough, clay, flower stiffener...lots of interesting things. :yay Now if I can only muster the energy to actually make them. :blush:lol

Colleen ~ Wow! you are a busy lady! :ty for the inspiring words...and reminding us about blessings counting! It was exactly what I needed to hear:hug:manyheart:U

See? you guys really are the Bomb-Diggity!:hug:hug

Shannon ~ prayers for BigBob:hug:hug ...and your family! :eekscary story about the highway! Be Careful!!!! and nice Haul on the new stash! That's a great buy you got!

Mary ~ I am glad that everyone is home safe and sound. a Journal sounds like a wonderful idea! I should start doing that, too. It would keep me accountable to actually taking my :crocheting time that I am promising myself.

Sarah ~ Sheesh! Sorry to hear about your voice! I hope it's better for you tomorrow!

Joanne ~ How was # 8? Are you home in time to put your feet up and :crocheting a little in your nice, clean house?:devil I sure hope so... I see another hat in your future:yes

Beth ~ I hope your busy/crazy day was better than you planned... how are your DH and your inventions? do you already have the yarn to start those Christmas 'ghans?

Vicki ~ Did you and DD get to do anything fun today?

:waving to all the rest of my besties... I hope today was great for you!

I need to think more about what I can do, and less about what I can't... The "can't's" sure do wear you out!

Thank you all, more than you know, for being my friends! I am lucky to have as nice of friends as you all:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Have a fun night!

Hi everyone- sounds like everyone could use a:hug so here you all go::hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Day 8 over- :clap. I feel bad complaining about working so much when LeaAnne and Sarah have to look for a job! Wishing you the best in the search and what is meant to be will be! I try and keep that mantra! So even though I post everyday about how many days of work in a row, I am grateful that I have a job- and a job I love right now- If only I were about 20 years younger, I'd have more energy and wouldnt be so tired! It is starting to catch up with me.

DH reminded me that we have a Sweet Sixteen party to go on Saturday night! So much for relaxing at home :crocheting- I guess that will be Sunday! I really have to put away the Christmas decorations and do a good cleaning. We cleaned "superficially" for the showing on Sunday, but I haven't done a good cleaning since right b/4 Christmas!

Mary I am glad that your DD made it home safe and sound- Wow 44 hrs to get home- they must be exhausted. I love your idea of a journal!

Colleen- Your list sounds great. I'm with Stacy- I'd love the slow cooker recipe for mac and cheese- I could put it on in the morning b/4 work and come home and voila! Dinner Made!!! Tonight DH made backed chicken and noodles and carrots and it was just about ready when I got home. Gotta love the man for realizing how tired I am. And, anyway, he was off work all last week so he is well rested!!

Sarah- hope your voice comes back and glad that you are ok after choking. Good luck with your job search

LeaAnne- hang in there girlfriend! You'll find something that is meant to be for you. You have so many skills just from doing the PTO and from your working life b/4 kids! The tough thing will be finding something that you can get to w/out a car- I didn't remember you don't have public transportation. Aren't you a "burb" of Boston? I guess you are farther away than I thought? DD uses public transportation for everything- she doesn't have a car. The buses run through Somerville and there is also the "T".

Shannon- :hug and prayers that all is fine with Big Bob's biopsy results. And that was pretty scary about the driving. Glad that all was ok.

Stacy- That's great that terror is in school full day- gives you a break- and have fun with the crafts! You are a good momma!!!

Vicki- that was funny about the JETS watching you! DH must be ecstatic. And yea, the Giants defense tanked. Big Blue better get their you know what together next year!!! You know their badorkus's in gear!!!

Everyone else that I didn't individually address- thinking about you and hoping all is well with you all

Have a good night- it will be an early to bed night for me again tonight:manyheart

Hi gang! It is cold here! Hubby covered up oneof the robelini palm trees to help it survive! It is supposed to be below freezing here all week at night!

We did not hear about the job. I think they are not ready yet to do anything with it. The store is expanding its hours, but I don't think they are ready to do it yet, so they are not ready to offer the position yet. So nothing yet. In the mean time he put in an application at another place that another old friend works at, so we will see what happens. In the mean time we are plugging along. I guess it is like LeaAnne said. All is good time. It is hard to be patient sometimes, though. Especially when there are other things that are dependent on another paycheck. I am trying to be patient and I am trying to be calm. This is where I am truly not good. Uncertainty is not a strength of mine!

Stacy - Glad to hear you had a good day with the girls! Enjoy the rest of their vacation with them, especially without the terror!

Shannon - YIKES! A car coming the wrong way! Glad to hear that all is well with that! Let us know how Big Bob is doing and how the biopsy went. Good going on the stash from Michael's! What will you make with it?

Colleen - How did DD like going back to school? Mine is claiming that she is going to hang on to the couch and say that she has the swine flu so she doesn't have to go back. Or so she thinks!

Mary - Glad to hear that the kids arrived safely in all that weather! Hope they have a nice visit and the weather clears in time for them to have a safe trip back!

LeaAnne - Glad you liked the laundry fairy line! Hubby was folding the laundry this morning and told me that I had him folding it because I didn't want to do it. I told him yes, that was true. Then I went on to tell him that I hate having to match the socks and that he needed to get that all done! He is my laundry fairy! He doesn't like the use of the term fairy, but if I must he says! Hope the job search goes well. I feel your pain. I am in the same boat with hubby!

I need to get my badorkus in gear. I have not done anything in the two weeks that I have been home! I haven't picked up a crochet hook at all! I just haven't been in the mood. Stressed out and stuff. I know, if I do it I will feel better. Now the new semester is starting so I need to begin to get cracking on my paper again too. I need to get back on a schedule. That always seems to help me.

Have a good night everyone! I will talk to you all on the flip side!

Vicki

LeaAnne - Glad you liked the laundry fairy line! Hubby was folding the laundry this morning and told me that I had him folding it because I didn't want to do it. I told him yes, that was true. Then I went on to tell him that I hate having to match the socks and that he needed to get that all done! He is my laundry fairy! He doesn't like the use of the term fairy, but if I must he says! Hope the job search goes well. I feel your pain. I am in the same boat with hubby!

:rofl:rofl:rofl... If your DH wasn't a JETS fan, I'd say we married the same guy! :rofl... Fairy-phobe.... LOVE IT!

Joanne - get some good rest tonight.. .I didn't mean to make you feel badly, and am so happy for you that you have a wonderful job:hug

there is "the T" has busses around, that go into Boston, but not anywhere that's easy for me to access.

Shannon - Yikes, glad nothing happened.

Vicki - sorry no news yet about job for DH

hope everyone has been having a good day

I'm used to losing my voice... when my allergies hit that's what usually happens, I don't get a runny nose or sneezing just lose my voice, so losing it after choking on the peanut butter cracker is no big deal for me LOL of course it does make it hard to keep Keith out of trouble since I can't really be heard so have to improvise (clapping hands really loud together works, or anything that makes noise to get his attention).

DD's first day back to school went well (I am so relieved, because I've heard they can relapse on their separation anxiety after Christmas). It was an eventful day. There was an accident on the street in front of the school and they had to turn the power, water and heat off and close the school. They walked all of the students to a neighbouring school and then called the parents to pick them up a bit early. DD was quite excited because the police were there. Poor kids, 450 kids in snowpants and winter boots sitting in a gym waiting for their parents. At least she seemed to enjoy the excitement :lol

My knee/leg is still bothering me. I have no idea what it is, but it seems duller today, so that is a good sign.

The recipe I used for the mac and cheese was Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese I at allrecipes.com It turned out quite nicely. It is very creamy and cheesy. I liked it. Definitely an easy, comfort food sort of meal.

Mary - I'm glad your DD got home safe.

Vicki - Good luck getting organized and good luck getting your DD unattached from the couch and back to school tomorrow. She has quite the imagination :lol

Shannon - Scary story about the road. I hope BigBob's test went well. :hug

Sarah - I hope you get your voice back soon.

Stacy - The books sound good. There are so many neat activities like that to do with kids, but you need to be organized before you get started and sometimes it seems a big job. One every now and then is fun, though. I have a great recipe for Kool Aid playdough that I'll post in a bit. It is easier than other recipes I've tried (and smells good too:)). One of my DD's favourite activites (especially when she was Eva's age) was just playing in a sink or basin full of water with different containers and things from the kitchen.

I'm back from work, and my poor, little, tired brain is frazzled right now.

Colleen, I'm glad dd had a good, and very exciting, day back to school.

Sarah, I tend to lose my voice every time I get a cold. I hope you can talk tomorrow!

LeaAnne, Vicki, my dh wouldn't like to be called a fairy, either, but he can handle being called an elf. I personally have a big basket where I toss the socks I can't match. I go through it once every 3 or 4 months, when we are dangerously low on socks. It's almost like shopping -- match up 20 pairs of socks, and nobody has naked feet any more!!!

Joanne, 4 more days! The birthday party should be fun. I hope you get to relax.

Stacy, it sounds like you had a good day. I love the way that book sounds. I agree with Colleen, the homemade play dough with the kool aid in it is awesome -- it smells SO good!!!

Shannon :hug while you are waiting for dad's lab results. Waiting is hard. I hope you get good news. The yarn deal at Michaels sounds AWESOME!!! I'm so glad you made it safely through the too close encounter of the automotive kind. :whew

I'm just going to say :hi to everybody else. As I said, fried brain, words don't flow out of my fingers very well.

Since you all asked, my twin nieces are going to get the same pattern of afghan as their mom, only in simply soft. Sara is getting navy (dark country blue better be close enough) and cream, Sasha is getting chocolate and light pink. Here's a link to the kit Herrschnerr's sells for the afghan I made their mom. http://www.herrschners.com/product.aspx?sku=200395&qid= It's a huge pain, but I'm using thicker yarn, so the motifs will be larger, so I should need fewer, right? I hope the holes won't be too big. I can always try, and if it turns out badly, use the yarn for something else. I can always use more yarn. :rofl

Since you all asked, my twin nieces are going to get the same pattern of afghan as their mom, only in simply soft. Sara is getting navy (dark country blue better be close enough) and cream, Sasha is getting chocolate and light pink. Here's a link to the kit Herrschnerr's sells for the afghan I made their mom. http://www.herrschners.com/product.aspx?sku=200395&qid= It's a huge pain, but I'm using thicker yarn, so the motifs will be larger, so I should need fewer, right? I hope the holes won't be too big. I can always try, and if it turns out badly, use the yarn for something else. I can always use more yarn. :rofl

Beth are the mofits made and then sewed together? or is it all done in strips?

Beth- I got some dark country blue Caron SS for my American flag pillow. I had to look at the name twice because I was expecting it to be called navy. I'm sure it will work!

Beth, the picture at Herschners is tri-coloured. Are you doing it striped in the two colours? Both colour combinations sound lovely. And the SS will be nice and soft. Hopefully the thicker yarn will allow it to work up more quickly. Can't wait to see your progress.

Kool-aid Playdough

2 1/2 cups flour

1/2 cup salt

1 Tbsp cream of tartar

2 pkgs unsweetened Kool-aid

3 Tbsp oil

2 cups boiling water.

Mix dry ingredients. Add oil and water. Stir quickly, mixing well. When cool enough to handle, knead with hands. Store in an air tight container.

Enjoy!

Good morning everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Joanne, you can do this! I know you are tired, but you only have 3 more after today!

Mary, it is motifs sewn together. They say to make the long strip, leaving long ends with each motif, and use the ends to do the sewing. I found it easier to do the rows across of single colors, sewing each one to the one before as I went along. By the way, I love the crochet journal idea. Someone asked me what I worked on over Christmas, and I couldn't list much. I think I need something to remember for me.

Shannon, thanks so much for telling me that my blue will be OK. I was really worried. :hug That was a load off my mind. Not that I couldn't find a very nice use for 3 skeins of dark blue simply soft mind you...:devil

Colleen, I am doing alternating stripes of color. I think it will be easier to start and stop that way. I hope the thicker yarn will mean fewer motifs, but not huge holes -- it's a very lacy pattern.

Thanks, ladies. I am a bit nervous about upsizing the yarn, but I couldn't find yarn in chocolate and navy in the baby yarn size.

Good morning to all!

That afghan is so pretty Beth- and will be lovely in both color combos. Good luck with them and I'll be here:cheer you on! WTG on the hats you have gotten done too!

To everyone- hope you have a good day with whatever it is you have planned!!!

Day 9 of 12!!! I went to bed at 9PM and got up at 4:45 so that was a good night's rest for me.

:hug:manyheart:hug

Morning besties!

I am not in a good mood this morning. Just in a general funk today.

Beth - The 'ghan is gorgeous! You will have plenty of time to get that done for your nieces!

Joanne - Day 9 girl! You can do it! You are almost there!

Colleen - DD had an exciting day at school yesterday! Glad to hear that all went well. Hopefully day 2 will be better!

Have a great day all. Talk to you all later!

Vicki

Good Morning Friends,

Hope you had a happy and safe New Year.

Mine started out with a BANG. I coordinate a local chapter of a volunteer children’s charity called Project Linus. Our organization (nationally) decided to partner with Disney in there Give a Day Get A day program. If you watch TV at all you might have seen the Muppets Disney commercial.

Well let me tell you since 12:01 New Years Day I have been inundated with hundreds of emails and calls. Once someone contacts me I have to contact them to agree on a project, day and time. Then once they sign up I have to email them a project packets. SO I have been on this computer for 20 hours a day for the last 4 days. Talk about overwhelming! The up side is we will end up with hundreds of handmade blankets for children who are seriously ill or traumatized in our area and hopeful some new blanketeers.

My house is (no words can explain it) The other adults in the family don’t see the need to do dishes or laundry to pick up after 3 kids So you can only imagine.

I did try to crochet a few rows a day to de-stress on the shawl I am making for a swap.

Oldest GS is back in school today and my princess will go to pre-school this afternoon. We had a snow day yesterday. We have at least 2 feet of snow here and more coming.

I will try to read some past posts. I have missed :hug you all.

tena

Archived