Some good clean fun?! [Archive 2]

imanurse55

Chaya - that is great that they are friends... mine are besties, too!

Joanne - yes... the girls are all out at their sleepovers, and I did go bowling with my men. Did I mention that I am so NOT a bowler?:lol:lol I kept thinking DH and I are texting the girls... it's kinda fun.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cheer:yay glad to help you destress!!!

I'm like that with my mom now, we're very close, so much more than we were when i was a bratty self involved teenager!! I go to her for advice, counsel, support, love, and we talk about things I never in a million years thought I'd talk to my mom about! It's pretty cool though knowing she sees me as a woman and not a little kid, that she views me as a confidant!

Just remember this when your three daughters are teenagers! Sometimes I'd never thought I'd survive and then all of a sudden they grow up and are your friend. It's the teenage years that are the toughest for sure.

Oh i wish joanne, and I talk to my yarn like it can hear me "listen yarn, I'm stressed and you're gonna fix it, now I want no trouble from you!"

I'm not sure I'm going to make it to midnight. I was going to go to my son-in-law's brothers house, but opted out and decided it would be nice to just crochet a hat for the Boxing Day CAL-

We all see how that panned out!:lol

LeAnne, them being besties I'm great with.... unless they are in mischief mode and i hear my youngest run toward the oldest yelling "mom is coming hide it NOW!!!" :rofl

what gets me most is they think since JayBear is the cutest and youngest they should send HER to ask mom for things, I always have to stop myself from laughing, they really think i'm not immune to her sweet little face after all this time???

LeaAnne- I only have 4 more rows to go on the flannelghan- I had some issues with the end of the Caron Pounder last night- so I hope 2010 will be the year of no more tangles in the yarn! My goal is to finish it finally next weekend by putting it together! Better late than never!

LeAnne, them being besties I'm great with.... unless they are in mischief mode and i hear my youngest run toward the oldest yelling "mom is coming hide it NOW!!!" :rofl

LOVE IT! I can hear them now.... I don't think a parent could ask for more!

Joanne ... at least you got to catch up with us, right? :D

I'm upset that I will be at work during the Winter Classic- how cool- hockey at Fenway- DD is going next weekend for the BC/BU matchup! How fun is that? and then...finally...I am taking a few days off and going to Boston- my fav city...to visit my DD!!!! That keeps me going through this long stretch of work!

LeaAnne- I only have 4 more rows to go on the flannelghan- I had some issues with the end of the Caron Pounder last night- so I hope 2010 will be the year of no more tangles in the yarn! My goal is to finish it finally next weekend by putting it together! Better late than never!

I will pray for "no more tangles"... do you remember that stuff for the girls' hairs? And I will be cheering for you with the flannelghan... is DH excited to have it? I have yarn to make another one: grey heather and navy. I think I'll have it going tomorrow. I need to start having projects waiting for me to pick up, you know? I like that flannelghan... it's one I dont' have to think while doing.

I'm upset that I will be at work during the Winter Classic- how cool- hockey at Fenway- DD is going next weekend for the BC/BU matchup! How fun is that? and then...finally...I am taking a few days off and going to Boston- my fav city...to visit my DD!!!! That keeps me going through this long stretch of work!

DH and DS are going to the legends game on Sunday...

Hey are we gonna "hook up" when you come up here in January? will you have time?

LeAnne- They are THICK AS THIEVES!!!!!! I hope that never changes, sisters can be such a blessing. My older sister and I were not close at all growing up, and now that we're grown and have kids of our own we've become best friends, I'd be so lost without her!!! When my girls argue I'm always telling them "cherish your sisters you have no idea how lucky you are that you have someone who will forever be in your corner and back you up!!"

My sister (also older) and I didn't get along well growing up and we still don't all that much =0( we're just too different in personalities and stuff (we're only 15 months apart)

Well my bf has decided it's time for me to get off the computer and ring in the new year with him..... prolly should :smile

You gals have a great night and I'll chat with you soon!!!

Oh, the heather and gray sounds really nice- do you know anyone at Penn State? You could give it to them.

I liked working on it too- it goes fairly quickly (if you don't hit a tangle in the road). I'll see how much I like weaving in the ends!

He is excited that I am finally getting near to finishing it. If Christmas hadn't gotten in the way, he would have had it already- but he understands---he's a nice guy like that:manyheart

that's ok... I didn't even notice;) I am using DD's netbook while she's out. It's a little weird... connection is faster but keyboard is tricky getting used to, if that makes sense.:think

and yes, you are right... I am a :loser about posting pics. I need to get better, maybe now that DD has this quick lil computer.

DH and DS are going to the legends game on Sunday...

Hey are we gonna "hook up" when you come up here in January? will you have time?

I am hoping to- and hopefully the weather will cooperate. I was thinking of bringing DD with me so I don't get lost-- not that she is much help with directions since she takes mass transit everywhere- but at least she has an idea of the area:lol (plus I got DH a GPS for Christmas---do you think he'll let me borrow it?)

Hi Sarah- how are you tonight

Happy New Year Chaya!

Well my bf has decided it's time for me to get off the computer and ring in the new year with him..... prolly should :smile

You gals have a great night and I'll chat with you soon!!!

Happy NewYear, Chaya!!!! It was so nice finally getting to chat with you! btw....we usually are here on Friday's around 9:30...

:hug:hug:yay

:hi, Sarah!

Did you get the modem fixed on your computer? Netbooks are neat- but I agree- smaller keyboard takes getting used to. It took me a bit to get used to my macbook- and that is bigger than a netbook.

Archived